• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Talon

$27+M to take a chance on a Korean pitcher? Dodgers finally doing something..
Oh, fuck me. Another Korean pitcher?

Do you know how much bullshit I had to go through Chan Hoo Park was pitching? Literally every Korean media outlet was: "CHAN HOO PARK, BETTER THAN GREG MADDUX DUE TO SUPERIOR WORK ETHIC"

Supposedly at the GM meetings, the Rangers tried to acquire Andrelton Simmons from the Braves in an attempt to flip him to the Diamondbacks in a Justin Upton trade. The Braves asked for either Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar in return in the deal. Rangers said no, and the Braves said no thanks.

why the hell wouldn't the Rangers do Andrus for Upton? Andrus has less years of team control than Upton, and with Profar he's not in their future plans anyway.

Holy shit at this stat. Only three teams have had a team OBP below .300 in the past three seasons, can you guess them?

It's the
2010, 2011, and 2012 Mariners squads.
Fucking feels horrible man.

Holy shit at this stat. Only three teams have had a team OBP below .300 in the past three seasons, can you guess them?

It's the
2010, 2011, and 2012 Mariners squads.
Fucking feels horrible man.

I knew that's who it had to be. Sorry, man.

D'oh, I can't cheer for Ross anymore. I watch the Braves with my dad sometimes and we liked him.

Go fuck yourself, Sanjuro.

IT0VV.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty horrified about what they'll get back for Denard. I'm not so sure they value him as much as they should. The only thing that scares me more is the idea that they'd roll into next year with a guy who never takes a walk as their lead off hitter. I'd much rather they trade Revere. Trade him to the Braves, he's from around there.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Any other Braves fans hoping that we somehow end up with both Upton brothers?

Tommy Hanson for Justin, straight up. Come on KT, you know you want to...

I don't understand why Hamilton would want to commit long term to a team. A short and front loaded contract to a contender sounds better. Robinson Cano wants 10 yrs 200 million looool. If you thought A Rod was bad in the latter, declining part of his career then you can only imagine how bad Robinson would be at that stage.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Any other Braves fans hoping that we somehow end up with both Upton brothers?

Tommy Hanson for Justin, straight up. Come on KT, you know you want to...
lol I wish the dbacks would take that. Sadly this isn't the same tommy they were asking for a few years ago. I still have no idea why the dbacks want to trade upton, dude has so much potential. If the braves did trade for Justin then signing BJ would be a lot easier for sure.

I think the dbacks want a SS though, and we don't have much depth there.

lol I wish the dbacks would take that. Sadly this isn't the same tommy they were asking for a few years ago. I still have no idea why the dbacks want to trade upton, dude has so much potential. If the braves did trade for Justin then signing BJ would be a lot easier for sure.

I think the dbacks want a SS though, and we don't have much depth there.

The Diamondbacks wanted Andrelton Simmons, which is obviously a dealbreaker. The Braves were willing to do it in that three-team deal with the Rangers only if they got Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar back. Rangers declined.

JABEE

I don't understand why Hamilton would want to commit long term to a team. A short and front loaded contract to a contender sounds better. Robinson Cano wants 10 yrs 200 million looool. If you thought A Rod was bad in the latter, declining part of his career then you can only imagine how bad Robinson would be at that stage.

Guaranteed money is better than non-guaranteed money. Imagine what Alex Rodriguez would get on the open market at this point in his career.

eznark

Banned

Because baseball contracts are as guaranteed as his drug relapse.

You literally answered your own question in your own post. The reason these guys want long, guaranteed contracts is so that they can continue to get paid more than they are worth as they age.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
According to what I know having an once of pot will be legal from Dec 6th

And the fed gov can't do anything about it

Now as far as it being sold in stores is something different

Meier

Happy to see the Dodgers won the rights to sign Ryu Hyun-jin although I'm surprised it cost that much to do so. For the most part, we've had a lot of luck with Asian pitchers. I saw a story that said we may try and re-sign Kuroda again which I'd be quite pleased about as a long time fan.

Malo

Banned
Happy to see the Dodgers won the rights to sign Ryu Hyun-jin although I'm surprised it cost that much to do so. For the most part, we've had a lot of luck with Asian pitchers. I saw a story that said we may try and re-sign Kuroda again which I'd be quite pleased about as a long time fan.
Back off! He's ours dammit.

Do it Ned. Get Kuroda back.

Read somewhere that another team had an offer in the 20 million range.

Top Bottom