• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

aFIGurANT

LittleGreenYoda,

How unlikely is it that Wainwright helps the cards with a good hometown discount? I feel like they would rather give up the ace/vet factor than pay him anything close to 20/yr, let alone 25. Ridiculous numbers going on here, shit is crazy. The thing is the cards could actually back up Felix with their system and existing position players.

True, but I'm not a fan of long-term contracts in general. Still, if there's anyone I would want the M's to offer 7 years to it'd be Felix.

I think they're safer here since he's younger, but I do share your sentiment on long term contracts. Burned my Indians with Travis Hafner.

turnbuckle

Illitch should just offer Verlander 50m 1 year deals every year until he (Illitch) dies. A little more nervous about the upcoming Verlander situation. Don't want to see him go, but I would imagine him wanting more than Felix and I wouldn't want to give him close to that. If they reworked his contract to add on 4 more years at 26-27 per I'd be ok, but anything more...

Illitch should just offer Verlander 50m 1 year deals every year until he (Illitch) dies. A little more nervous about the upcoming Verlander situation. Don't want to see him go, but I would imagine him wanting more than Felix and I wouldn't want to give him close to that. If they reworked his contract to add on 4 more years at 26-27 per I'd be ok, but anything more...

Wouldn't put anything past Illitch. I can see Verlander remaining a Tiger.

I'm going to miss the old Dodger Stadium scoreboard. I have no problems with replacing the giant screen though.

R.I.P
36A5jQP.jpg

Parch

Baseball contracts are insane. Felix is great, but this signing does nothing to get Seattle closer to the playoffs. I suppose they can now trade him to help build a contender, but I'm not impressed until a team does something that actually improves the team.

rekameohs

Banned
Baseball contracts are insane. Felix is great, but this signing does nothing to get Seattle closer to the playoffs. I suppose they can now trade him to help build a contender, but I'm not impressed until a team does something that actually improves the team.
They're just overcompensating since Randy Johnson isn't going to the HoF as a Mariner.

Macattk15

Its rumored the extension had a full no trade clause.

Sure signing Felix doesn't help them immediately ... but god for fucking bid if he left via Free Agency when later extension talks failed and the M's got nothing and lose a legitimate ace.

They're just overcompensating since Randy Johnson isn't going to the HoF as a Mariner.

Its fine. Randy Johnson was never the superstar in Seattle that Griffey was ... and he'll go as an M.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The thing about Felix is that, at least fans will be excited to come to the park when he starts, and they'll buy his merch. What single other player is going to do that for them?

Izick

:me! you're just cruising for a bruisin' today arent you?

What? Because if I asked him if he was a mets fan? Are you serious?

EDIT: Because if he is (I thought he was because he posted about them a few pages back), then I was going to say he's probably busted the chops of Yankees fans when they're not doing as well. I just don't see what the big deal is.

jakncoke

Banned
What? Because if I asked him if he was a mets fan? Are you serious?

EDIT: Because if he is, then I was going to say he's probably busted the chops of Yankees fans when they're not doing as well. I just don't see what the big deal is.

No one likes being accused of being a Mets fan, not even Mets fans themselves. They hide amongst Frankmans anime shame circle.

Top Bottom