• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My god, when did Curt get so fat?! Yikes.

uspw_5955636.jpg

(I'm sure this has been posted, but for those who missed it like I did..)

2002?

jakncoke

Banned
I liked the top rated comment. Need give weapons to these legs. If Plaxico Burress leg and this dudes leg had protection then this incident would of never taken place!

Indians have signed Jason Giambi to a minor league/spring training deal.

Indians have signed Daisuke Matsuzaka to a minor league/spring training deal.

Interesting moves to say the least. I find it odd that they would pass on Thome only to go for Giambi. It's moot though if doesn't make the big league club, but still.

The Dice-K signing I like as a low risk, high reward deal. The Indians can use any starting pitching depth they can get.

newjeruse

Selected excerpts from Piazza's book:
“What the f—k is your problem?” Piazza, still holding the handle of the broken bat and walking toward the pitcher’s mound, asked Clemens. But Piazza went no further — and never realized his dream of revenge.

“There were complications,” he recalls. “The least of them was the realization that Clemens was a big guy, and I stood a pretty fair chance of getting my ass kicked in front of Yankee Stadium and the world. That was a legitimate concern.”

It was a decision over which he still beats himself. “It was not only possible but — circumstances be damned — it was in order,” he said. “It was the story of the Series. I couldn’t deliver a punch.”
Piazza doesn’t name the instigators, and is vague about how the rumor spread from there. He felt compelled to address the gossip publicly, telling reporters, “I’m not gay. I’m heterosexual. I can’t control what people think. I can say I’m heterosexual. I date women. That’s pretty much it.”

Questions about his sexuality bothered him less than the insinuation that he was somehow phony. “I found it hugely insulting that people believed I’d go so far out of my way — living with Playmates, vacationing with actresses, showing up at nightclubs — to act out a lifestyle that would amount to a charade,” he writes. “If I was gay, I’d be gay all the way.”
One of his best-known girlfriends was Debbe Dunning, the actress who played the “Tool Time” girl on the hit comedy “Home Improvement.” One Halloween night when Dunning came over with a pumpkin and her dog, Piazza decided to break off the relationship.

“There was screaming and crying and then the Tool Time girl waffled my ass,” he recalled. “I hadn’t taken a punch like that in a long time.”

Macattk15

Should have traded him when you had the chance, Jack Shit. Thanks for nothing.

Calm the fuck down.

Mariners don't leak shit and this is all speculation.

The fuck does Buster Olney or Bob Nightengale know?

And if anything is wrong ... i'd rather it be his elbow than his shoulder.

Top Bottom