• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Blearth

Banned
FGlonggame.gif

Cups.gif.opt_medium.gif

Malo

Banned
My dad is going to be pissed when he wakes up, but he's use to it with him being a mest fan, sucks for him!

BFIB

Finally had the new GI digital magazine sent to my Nexus 7.

MLB '13 looks great. Cannot wait to try the new playoff mode. I really hated making the playoffs, and having the crowd dead silent.

Parch

Yahoo Baseball is active, so the NEOGAF Baseball League has been renewed and invites sent to the teams who didn't abandon last year. For now there is only 4 positions open for new GAF members. This is a deep league and not for the faint of heart. If you abandon you will not get an invite back next year. If you're up to the challenge, you can join this league.
League ID#: 19118
Password: GAF

14 team, Head to Head, Live Draft Wed Mar 27, 8:00 PM EST
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

Brinbe

Yahoo Baseball is active, so the NEOGAF Baseball League has been renewed and invites sent to the teams who didn't abandon last year. For now there is only 4 positions open for new GAF members. This is a deep league and not for the faint of heart. If you abandon you will not get an invite back next year. If you're up to the challenge, you can join this league.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

Joined. I'm a fantasy baseball vet, so no worries there. Should be fun.

I'll check my email tonight. I vow to get my revenge on RBH

BFIB

Ground was finally broke today for Ballpark Village.

bpv1.jpg

Looks pretty good, better than the hobo hangout its been since '05.

The Indians have avoided arbitration with Mike Aviles, signing him to a 2-year, $6 million contract. Aviles makes a $1.1 million signing bonus, $1.75 million in 2013, and $3 million in 2014. The deal comes with a $3.5 million club option for 2015 with a $0.25 million buyout. There are also $0.5 million in performance incentives Aviles could reach each season. The Indians now have no more pending cases and currently have $65,705,833 devoted to 2013.

Also:

The Diamondbacks have agreed with Aaron Hill on a 3-year, $35 million extension.

Francisco Lirano passed his physical and his 2-year, $12.75 million deal with the Pirates is now official. The only change from the original agreement is that his 2013 salary would be reduced if he misses any point with an injury to his non-throwing arm. His 2014 salary is protected.

jakncoke

Banned
It'll be interesting what kind of value he adds for us over the season. He certainly cant hurt the back end of the rotation. Shambles that has been over the years or rather our whole lol.

So our starting 5 should look something like this

AJ Burnett
Wandy Rodriguez
James McDonald
Fransisco Lirano
then Karstens/Locke/McPherson fighting for #5 early on and Cole coming in August

It'll be interesting what kind of value he adds for us over the season. He certainly cant hurt the back end of the rotation. Shambles that has been over the years or rather our whole lol.

AJ Burnett
Wandy Rodriguez
James McDonald
Fransisco Lirano
then Karstens/Locke/McPherson fighting for #5 early on and Cole coming in August

Pirates are going to be 80 - 72 with 10 games left, and then lose all 10 to finish under .500 again.

jakncoke

Banned
Pirates are going to be 80 - 72 with 10 games left, and then lose all 10 to finish under .500 again.

Nah, they're going to win the first 80 games of the season, then proceed to lose every game after that.

I hate you both equally right now. Just pointing that out right now. Real talk us getting to .500 is a shot in the dark. But as someone that been a fan since 1998 and been through a couple hype trains in my day. I just we gotta be close to finally breaking this fucking losing streak.

harSon

Banned

AJ Burnett
Wandy Rodriguez
James McDonald
Fransisco Lirano

It's probably going to be Karstens. He's actually been fairly solid. I'll feel a lot better about our rotation if Cole in on the fast track to the majors though. Oh, and if McDonald doesn't go from one of the league's best, to the league's worst in a matter of weeks.

I'm more worried about the bullpen though. Won't be surprised if it's complete shit.

Top Bottom