• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Fenix

@docrivait said:
iOQpCAhLX55bQ.jpg
Yes, yes, tear it all out!

Beeston also said something about $250 million in renovations over the next decade. Sounds good to me.

Fenix

There have been major rumblings about kicking the Argos out and installing grass. *drools*
It's pretty much happening at this point. Rogers pres. Keith Pelley said they were looking to help the Argos find a place in the near future (not for this season obviously), and he hinted pretty strongly that there would be grass in in 2015.

Fenix

@2Morrow23 said:
“@i_liek_turtlez: favourite video game?” I’ve put the most hours into Halo, but I’ll go Zelda: Ocarina of Time @Yamzz

@2Morrow23 said:
“@halladayfan32: @2Morrow23 whats your favourite canadian musician?” Rush..is there anyone even close?
BMo the best.

Edit: ^ They're removing the restaurant + windows and making it an open air patio area. Fans from any level can wander in.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight

No pope has resigned since 1415, which is also the last time the Pittsburgh Pirates had a winning record.

Got DAMN.

Pitchers and Catchers report today! :D

Got DAMN.

Pitchers and Catchers report today! :D

http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-02-10/pitchers-and-catchers-report-2013-spring-training-grapefruit-cactus-league

GRAPEFRUIT LEAGUE

(Pitchers and catchers | full squad)

Atlanta Braves: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Baltimore Orioles: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Boston Red Sox: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Detroit Tigers: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Houston Astros: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Saturday, Feb. 16

Miami Marlins: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Minnesota Twins: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

New York Mets: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Monday, Feb. 18

New York Yankees: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Monday, Feb. 18

Philadelphia Phillies: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

Pittsburgh Pirates: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

St. Louis Cardinals: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Tampa Bay Rays: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Sunday, Feb. 17

Toronto Blue Jays: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Sunday, Feb. 17

Washington Nationals: Thursday, Feb. 14 | Sunday, Feb. 17

COMPLETE GRAPEFRUIT LEAGUE SCHEDULE

CACTUS LEAGUE

(Pitchers and catchers | full squad)

Arizona Diamondbacks: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Chicago Cubs: Monday, Feb. 11 | Sunday, Feb. 17

Chicago White Sox: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Sunday, Feb. 17

Cincinnati Reds: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Cleveland Indians: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Colorado Rockies: Monday, Feb. 11 | Sunday, Feb. 17

Kansas City Royals: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Los Angeles Angels: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Friday, Feb. 15

Los Angeles Dodgers: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

Milwaukee Brewers: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

Oakland A’s: Tuesday, Feb. 12 | Sunday, Feb. 17

San Diego Padres: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

San Francisco Giants: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

Seattle Mariners: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

Texas Rangers: Wednesday, Feb. 13 | Saturday, Feb. 16

It Begins.

RBH

The Athletics are nearing a deal with left-handed reliever Hideki Okajima, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports (on Twitter).

The Fukuoka Softbank Hawks recently released Okajima from his contract, allowing him to pursue opportunities at the MLB level. A few teams had interest in Okajima, who spent the 2012 season in Japan after pitching with the Red Sox from 2007-11.

Okajima posted a 0.94 ERA with 6.8 K/9 and 1.1 BB/9 over the course of 47 2/3 innings in Japan last year. The 37-year-old was a key contributor in Boston's bullpen from 2007-10, posting a 3.06 ERA with 7.9 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 over the course of 254 appearances during that four-year period. If the A's complete a deal with Okajima, he'll join left-handed relievers Sean Doolittle, Jerry Blevins and Jordan Norberto in the Oakland bullpen.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/athletics-okajima-nearing-deal.html

McNei1y

MLB bros... I'm buying a PS3 bundle from Amazon in the next few days. I need your opinion on which I should buy:

1) PS3 White bundle (500gb slim PS3) w/ Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2, and all 4 Ratchet and Clank games

2) PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle (250gb)

3) PS3 Entertainment bundle (300+gb) w/ PSAll Stars and Ratchet and Clank

I'm leaning between 1 or 2. But mainly, The Show is all I'm going to play.

Sanjuro

Whatever one costs you the least amount of money. I've played maybe two games on the stupid thing and the MLB series. That's it.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, get the cheapest one and get PS+. I've been rocking an OG 60gb since launch and it's great! I have to clean the fridge all the time and it's loud as fuck but I solved those issues by rarely turning it on.

While you're at the store get Ni No Kuni and join the best discussion in the Madden thread!

McNei1y

Yeah, get the cheapest one and get PS+. I've been rocking an OG 60gb since launch and it's great! I have to clean the fridge all the time and it's loud as fuck but I solved those issues by rarely turning it on.

While you're at the store get Ni No Kuni and join the best discussion in the Madden thread!

I still have no idea what you guys are talking about with that game.

Why not just buy a BC PS3, stick a 320 GB laptop HDD an call it a day?

ny_e_mets_576.jpg

Dillon Gee, Matt Harvey, Daniel Murphy and Daniel Herrera getting ready for Spring!

Sanjuro

I still have no idea what you guys are talking about with that game.

It's looks like a game I might like, but I have the suspicion that I'll just let it sit. Not really into anime or jrpgs anymore.

I think my last ride was FF13 and I just said no after that.

Anyone have any openings in a dynasty league? Mine folded, and right as all my prospects were finally doing something. If not, any interest in a GAF dynasty league?

McNei1y

It's looks like a game I might like, but I have the suspicion that I'll just let it sit. Not really into anime or jrpgs anymore.

I think my last ride was FF13 and I just said no after that.

Yeah not sure I'd get into those games... I didn't even finish Chrono Trigger.

these should be on your "Games of Interest" list:

Resident Evil: Revelations
BioShock Infinite
The Last Of Us
Remember Me

Depends on what genre you like though.

I'll take a look at the last two. I might just get BioShock on the 360.

I'm going to create an online league (or one of you guys start one)... but then again, I hope the online works!

You have to pay for the PECOTA projections I think. It's on BP's site.

It appears so. Although, I always used to find them easily enough in the past.

I'm ready for baseball. I hope the IRC continues to grow this year. We had a lot of fun shooting the shit last season.

zychi

Banned
is there going to be a bundle for the show again this year? I'd love to get the ps3 and vita version for $80 like last year.

I cant find ANY trailers for 2013. Wtf

calder

Nice to hear about the renovations to Rogers Centre. There's a place that could stand to lose 10k seats if it meant improving the fan experience and it would be win-win. Hopefully one day I can go to a Jays game in Toronto but until then, Minneapolis it is! Looks like we'll be going to the Jays series first weekend in September, should be good. Always nice to see random Jays fans from all over Manitoba/N. Ontario wandering the area.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
is there going to be a bundle for the show again this year? I'd love to get the ps3 and vita version for $80 like last year.

I cant find ANY trailers for 2013. Wtf

Why do they even need to market it? They'll throw up some stuff a few weeks into spring training and it'll sell well because theres no competition.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The only people I'd think would be really disappointed in this gen are RPG players. It's been a great gen, IMO. Though I'm still looking forward to Orbis and Durango.

Heh, yeah, one of the best JRPGs to come out in the past few years was on the PS2 (Persona 4) and that came out 2 years AFTER the release of the PS3. A lot of them this gen were very mediocre to just bad. Which the exception of a few, Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles come to mind. Other than that, a bunch of meh.

Portables though, they had a load of great ones.

Top Bottom