• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Branduil

You're so salty

I have every right to be salty when a former drug addict and murderer who still gets paid millions of dollars a year to play baseball in Los Angeles has the nerve to call me spoiled for expecting him to give one-half of an ounce of effort in trying to catch a routine fly ball.

I have every right to be salty when a former drug addict and murderer who still gets paid millions of dollars a year to play baseball in Los Angeles has the nerve to call me spoiled for expecting him to give one-half of an ounce of effort in trying to catch a routine fly ball.

The 'murderer' thing always is good for a chuckle from me.

Sanjuro

Fuck. I love Pedro.

How many players did Pedro hit on purpose? "Probably 90 percent of them. But it was always retaliation for my teammates."

Even Karim Garcia [in 2003?] "Not on purpose. It didn't even hit him, it hit the bat. Lucky bastard."

WTF? Was he still a "murderer" to you when he played for Texas?

Syrinx

I...think it's just starting to really hit me just how bad the Mets outfield is right now. The Mets website has Duda, Nieuwenhuis, and Baxter as the starting outfielders right now.

Goddamn.

Hamilton has a point though, and the fact that Branduil has the nerve to say anything about him makes it more hilarious.
I...think it's just starting to really hit me just how bad the Mets outfield is right now. The Mets website has Duda, Nieuwenhuis, and Baxter as the starting outfielders right now.

Goddamn.
You forgot Marlon Byrd and Colin Coghwill!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mike Trout showed up for training camp weighing 240?!

I hope opposing fans taunt him with fishing poles and lures made of cheetos.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hardball Talk just did their list...hard to argue with it: New York, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Boston and San Francisco, and sometimes Phoenix. That sounds about right.

ip9P8x672kj5V.gif

Huh. Mets falling apart post All Star Break. Haven't heard that one before.
Considering they shouldn't have even competed? I'll take it, gotta enjoy that ride.

Again, mid-2013 into 2014 was the target date when the team was supposed to be able to open the wallet. It's already been said if Mets are in a similar situation to last year (in the WC hunt), moves will be made. Not to mention D'Arnaud and Wheeler coming up sometime this year, healthier Ike Davis and improved Tejada/Murphy. No way the pen will be as bad as last year
as long as Parnell never closes
, and Mets will see what Kirk and Duda can do.

Syrinx

Considering they shouldn't have even competed? I'll take it, gotta enjoy that ride.

Again, mid-2013 into 2014 was the target date when the team was supposed to be able to open the wallet. It's already been said if Mets are in a similar situation to last year (in the WC hunt), moves will be made. Not to mention D'Arnaud and Wheeler coming up sometime this year, healthier Ike Davis and improved Tejada/Murphy. No way the pen will be as bad as last year
as long as Parnell never closes
, and Mets will see what Kirk and Duda can do.

People were saying this about 2011 going into 2012.

People were wrong.

People were saying this about 2011 going into 2012.

People were wrong.
... on what planet? Everyone knew Mets weren't spending due to Madoff situation and ownership flux. If you re-read last year's thread (which I started to do today), I was like the last guy to but into the Mets competing, and of course it started during the fateful 3-game trip in Washington.
@Chris_Broussard

In talks with ATL for Josh Smith, Wizards have said all but 3 players available: J Wall, B Beal & Nene
Nationals looking to make a bigtime upgrade.

HBP

Has anyone heard anything about the MLB At Bat 13 app? Usually its out in time for the first spring training games (this week), it's going to suck if I can listen to baseball this weekend.

eznark

Banned
Has anyone heard anything about the MLB At Bat 13 app? Usually its out in time for the first spring training games (this week), it's going to suck if I can listen to baseball this weekend.

I got an email on Saturday about the billing coming up for the new season and it said something about the app being out. I believe it said I'd be billed on the 25th so I would expect the app around then as well.

McNei1y

Ross Detwiler was added to USA's WBC pitching staff... cool. Gio and Detwiler. Now we have twice the chance of one of our starters getting injured.

Hardball Talk just did their list...hard to argue with it: New York, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Boston and San Francisco, and sometimes Phoenix. That sounds about right.

This part:

Kansas City: They don’t tailgate for the Royals like they do for the Chiefs and that’s not for lack of a parking lot.

Is true, but KC does care about the Royals a hell of a lot, especially considering they've been lousy for 30 years. The park seats 40k and even when it's 103 degrees in late August and they're 20 games back, there'll still be 20k at the game, which is well more than the Rays get during home playoff games, haha. If the Royals ever make it to the playoffs again, this city will go berserk for them.

cashman

Banned
But, Dallas is totally a front running city. If the Rangers continue to be successful and the Jerry Jones stays alive for like 10 more years, then I could see it flipping from Football to Baseball.

I mean, what else do they have to do?

They have google fiber, what else do they need?

BFIB

Is St. Louis the most "baseball town" out of all the MLB teams? I think so.

Is the "best fans in baseball" moniker pretty stupid? I think so.

Good list though.

eznark

Banned
My buddy lives there, got married in July. He did pictures outside by that shit hole fountain and that shit hole arch. I'm pretty sure I melted.

BFIB

I might be visiting St.Louis this summer. What....exactly is there to do?

There's quite a bit to do. The bad part about St. Louis is that the stuff to do is kind of spread out. Just avoid East St. Louis (not that you'll be going across the river anyway), and North St. Louis.

I'm assuming you're coming into town for a Cardinals game. There's a few bars around the ballpark that are pretty packed after the games. I'd head down to Washington Street, and hang out there. Lots of bars, and open patios.

The Landing on the riverfront has some decent restaurants.

Delmar Loop has Fitz's bottleworks, Vintage Vinyl, and some other shops that are pretty good. The Pageant is also there, one of the best venues to see music.

The Zoo is fun, and its free.

Just to be forwarned, summers here flat out suck. I'm used to them from living here all my life, but its very high humidity. Ever wear a sweater in the heat? Its about like that.

Top Bottom