• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Sanjuro

Really need to venture off this year to a road game. Baltimore is the obvious, but haven't been to NYS.

Debating Toronto as well, is the Skydome still really that bad of an experience?

eznark

Banned
Really need to venture off this year to a road game. Baltimore is the obvious, but haven't been to NYS.

Debating Toronto as well, is the Skydome still really that bad of an experience?

Yeah it's a dumb but there are tons of prostitutes so that's a bonus.

They have google fiber, what else do they need?

Truth.

Google-Fiber-Speed-Test-Google-Network-Box-Gigabit-Ethernet-Kansas-City.png

bjb

Banned
There's quite a bit to do. The bad part about St. Louis is that the stuff to do is kind of spread out. Just avoid East St. Louis (not that you'll be going across the river anyway), and North St. Louis.

I'm assuming you're coming into town for a Cardinals game. There's a few bars around the ballpark that are pretty packed after the games. I'd head down to Washington Street, and hang out there. Lots of bars, and open patios.

The Landing on the riverfront has some decent restaurants.

Delmar Loop has Fitz's bottleworks, Vintage Vinyl, and some other shops that are pretty good. The Pageant is also there, one of the best venues to see music.

The Zoo is fun, and its free.

Just to be forwarned, summers here flat out suck. I'm used to them from living here all my life, but its very high humidity. Ever wear a sweater in the heat? Its about like that.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Man that google fiber pic is depressing. I got Fios this weekend, I get 80 down and 11 up, and I was so happy but after seeing that pic it feels really slow now.

How much for that?

$70/month

Or for $120: you can also have cable TV, a free Nexus7, 1TB cloud storage, and your cable box can hold 1TB worth of shows and DVR 7 things at once. And the Nexus can playback DVR'd stuff and manage what you're recording, etc.

Or for free (except a $300 hookup fee which they'll break up into 1 year of $25 if you want: 5mbps internet for at least 7 years (maybe longer, 7 is what they promise).

rinse82

Summer night when the dome is open is 600x better than closed.

Enjoyable I would even say.

Fenix

$70/month

Or for $120: you can also have cable TV, a free Nexus7, 1TB cloud storage, and your cable box can hold 1TB worth of shows and DVR 7 things at once. And the Nexus can playback DVR'd stuff and manage what you're recording, etc.

Or for free (except a $300 hookup fee which they'll break up into 1 year of $25 if you want: 5mbps internet for at least 7 years (maybe longer, 7 is what they promise).
Jesus fuck.

This has happened every year since 2007. It's like Groundhog Day.
But you weren't supposed to believe last year. See that's the mistake, you need to doubt everything this year. Then they'll start winning after the ASB. Maybe LJ11 had the right idea all along...

$70/month

I just got a hard on. I guess there is a reason to live in the middle of the country after all.

Yo I live in the town where Sierra Nevada comes from. Plus all of the smaller local breweries in Nor Cal are great. I would like to go to Kansas City though.

KC BBQ is the best, Boulevard beer is IMO one of the best lesser know microbreweries, and Shatto is, well...

I live in KC, and this is seriously the best thing ever. So far, all of their flavors have been ungodly good. Their new chocolate cherry milk is divine.

I don't need heaven, I just need a glass of rootbeer milk.

I'm from KC where you'd think fresh, local milk of high quality would also be a thing. But I've never seen anything quite like what I saw there. They had milk down to a science. It was as if Lon Lon Milk from Zelda came into modern times.

Everyone in this thread needs to go to KC and buy a bottle of Shatto. The chocolate was good but their root beer milk is great.

I really, really miss living in MO for this stuff... Their chocolate milk is unbeatable!

...It's one of KC's hidden treasures.

Never been to KC, what makes its bbq better than what you could get in the south?

Well, I think part of it is that KC BBQ uses a combination of elements from Memphis and Texas, dry rub on the meat, a lot pork and beef emphasis, but then adds sauce that is by far better than anyone else, and I think we tend to have a better variety of meats, too.

Oh, and burnt ends are a pretty KC specific delicacy and I believe them to be the pinnacle of BBQ:

HBP

Like ez said, got an email saying it would be available on or around Feb 20th.

Sounds like it should be out tomorrow. I just hope they maintain the $15 price for the Gameday Audio, I don't really care about MLB.tv considering I live in KC so all the Royals games would be blacked out anyhow.

I was with you until I read cherry chocolate milk. Nuke KC from orbit.

Fucking root beer milk? Fuck you!

If it helps, cherry chocolate was super limited edition for Valentine's day. Shatto Root Beer Milk is godly.

Austin BBQ shits all over KC BBQ. And I fuckin' hate Texas because it's a big hot-ass Ohio, so you can take that to the bank.

No. No way. I love Austin, and their BBQ is good, but the best places in KC can't be touched by Austin's. And come to the American Royal BBQ Contest (which the Royals were partly named after) and you'll denounce all other cuisines.

To give you an idea, here's a map of last year's American Royal. Every one of those booths holds a separate BBQ team who set up the evening before and cook all night. For a sense of scale, Kemper Arena in the upper right seats 20k and it was the home of our NBA team last time we had one. It goes on all weekend and makes the entire city smell good. You can even smell it in the suburbs.

american-royal-bbq-kc-map.jpg

AND, while the American Royal BBQ Contest is the biggest, there are dozens of other weekend long contests like it. THAT'S how serious KC takes BBQ.

andycapps

Everything I've seen of KC BBQ is that it's too saucy for me. More of a Memphis style guy, or SC style, really. I can't wait to crank up the smoker again pretty soon.

jakncoke

Banned
When is Google expanding their fiber into the major markets?

Dont they have to finish with Kansas City first? Also I think they I read they did a few more surround areas of Kansas City

"

Coming Next
Kansas City North, MO
Kansas City South, MO
Westwood, KS
Westwood Hills, KS
Mission Woods, KS

"

Syrinx

But you weren't supposed to believe last year. See that's the mistake, you need to doubt everything this year. Then they'll start winning after the ASB. Maybe LJ11 had the right idea all along...
So the key to being Mets fan is to have no hope.

Why didn't I figure this out sooner?

HBP

Dont they have to finish with Kansas City first? Also I think they I read they did a few more surround areas of Kansas City

"

Coming Next
Kansas City North, MO
Kansas City South, MO
Westwood, KS
Westwood Hills, KS
Mission Woods, KS

"

I didn't know they are doing South KC, I wish the map showed more because I am sort of on the edge of what is considered south kc.

Blearth

Banned

Giants are playing back to back series against the NY teams. I'm considering catching the final game of the Citi series and the first game of the NYS series the next day.

$70/month

so who's taint do I have to tickle to get this service?

KC BBQ is the best, Boulevard beer is IMO one of the best lesser know microbreweries, and Shatto is, well...

...It's one of KC's hidden treasures.

I had the time of my life last summer in KC. Ate like a king, Boulevard is damn fine beer and the brewery tour was awesome. Too bad Axford shat up the joint both games we went to.

Top Bottom