• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Oh please. Don't group the Rays with the Marlins.

jonmorosi
#Marlins opened season with a payroll of roughly $100MM. After this trade, non-arb 2013 obligations will be ~ $16MM. Historic salary dump.

WHAT? The Rays? They've been one of the biggest jokes in baseball since forever. Don't let their recent stint of success fool you. The Marlins have been more successful than them.

jman2050

Salary floor, now.

Alright so Yankees are still great, Rays are great, Orioles are good, and now Blue Jays may be good?

All I have to say to that is LOL Red Sox.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Salary floor, now.

Alright so Yankees are still great, Rays are great, Orioles are good, and now Blue Jays may be good?

All I have to say to that is LOL Red Sox.

Somewhere in Boston; John Farrell just threw his laptop across the room.

fuck off. i have never once rooted for the marlins at any point in my lifetime.
I dunno man... you had that wandering eye when you were watching Stanton/Josh Johnson last year. I think you watched the Pitbull concert and felt the passion... the excitement. Marlins baseball was back, baby!

JABEE

I dunno man... you had that wandering eye when you were watching Stanton/Josh Johnson last year. I think you watched the Pitbull concert and felt the passion... the excitement. Marlins baseball was back, baby!
'Tis a fading dream for which no man is immune.

Brinbe

Jays INCOMING
Jose Reyes
Josh Johnson
Mark Buerhle
John Buck
Emilio Bonafacio

Marlins INCOMING
Yunel Escobar
Adeiny Hechavarria
Henderson Alvarez
Justin Nicolino
Jake Marisnick

incredible, simply incredible

Thanks for saving this franchise, Loria.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jonmorosi
Source: #Marlins will get Jacob Marisnick or Anthony Gose, as well as a catcher -- Arencibia, Wilson or Mathis.

marlins won (only if they got gose).

There is no way Stanton is resigning in Florida now.

COME TO QUEENS, "MIKE" STANTON. COME HOME...

tumblr_mbt0t6ZChN1qdxmx3o1_500.gif

ZeroRay

See, Jeff helped one Canadian team.

I'm trying to inspire you. Just like in the Presidential Election Florida voters rebelled against the Republicans, so too must Marlins fans against Loria. I spent all last offseason hypingthe Marlins and how they got out of that shitty lease, and now they pull this shit?

Come on, Marlins fans of Florida. Everyone protest and burn that shit to the ground. Maybe then Loria will get the mesage. This is a fucking travesty if a third (fourth?) firesale happens. Can you imagine the money going out of your pocket to fund it and for nothing?

See? He gets it.

Oh yeah, this is something that's gonna get everyone in South Florida off their culos. Loria crossed the line. The local media is gonna hammer him.

He won't be the owner of this team this time next year, guaranteed.

jonmorosi
Source: #Marlins will get Jacob Marisnick or Anthony Gose, as well as a catcher -- Arencibia, Wilson or Mathis.

marlins won (only if they got gose).
None of those players are that special. Marisnick is the best of the bunch. Gose could be if he could hit the ball out of the infield.
Lol if the Marlins take Mathis

Azzurri

Jays INCOMING
Jose Reyes
Josh Johnson
Mark Buerhle
John Buck
Emilio Bonafacio

Marlins INCOMING
Yunel Escobar
Adeiny Hechavarria
Henderson Alvarez
Justin Nicolino
Jake Marisnick

incredible, simply incredible

Thanks for saving this franchise, Loria.

World Series 2013, just in time for the 20 year annv.

Enron

Banned

Its truer than you th.........actually, no, im not going to say anything.

just kidding!

Enron

Banned
Jays INCOMING
Jose Reyes
Josh Johnson
Mark Buerhle
John Buck
Emilio Bonafacio

Marlins INCOMING
Yunel Escobar
Adeiny Hechavarria
Henderson Alvarez
Justin Nicolino
Jake Marisnick

It's a three team deal.

The Red Sox receive:
the basement of the AL East for the forseeable future.

Top Bottom