• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

So was it the "Rob." thing or do you guys just generally dislike anyone trying to join your community?

I almost feel as if I have to 'prove' I'm a lifelong. I'm not sure exactly how to do that or if it's even worth feeding into.

As the so-called Senior member of Reds-Age, let me welcome you to the thread. We have decent representation nowadays, but it wasn't always the case.

Anyway, It was the 'Rob' thing, lol. But, you getting teased for that has less to do with this thread and more to do with how things work on GAF. A user named Pimpwerx drives people nuts with the signature on every post, so people kinda take their stored-up rage at him and displace it on anyone who signs their posts.

As for the lifelong/bandwagon thing... look man, it's what happens when your team is good and you're new to a sports thread. Don't take it too personal. You got off light compared to Little Green Yoda. lol

Anyway, Welcome. Don't you listen to these nitwits, you hear? This place ain't so bad. Tell you what, I'll introduce you around, make you feel right at home. I know a couple of big old bull posters that'd just love to make your acquaintance. Especially that big, white, mushy butt of yours.

15220-17129.gif

International baseball tonite! Full Schedule of WBC on MLBN:
FIRST ROUND POOLS (Round Robin)

Pool A (Fukuoka, Japan)
Brazil
China
Cuba
Japan

Pool B (Taichung, Taiwan)
Australia
Chinese Taipei
Korea
Netherlands

Pool C (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
Dominican Republic
Puerto Rico
Spain
Venezuela

Pool D (Phoenix, Arizona)
Canada
Italy
Mexico
United States

SECOND ROUND (Modified Double Elimination)
Pool 1: Pools A and B Winners and Runners-Up (Tokyo, Japan)
Pool 2: Pools C and C Winners and Runners-Up (Miami, Florida)

Friday, March 1
Pool B Game 1: Australia at Chinese Taipei, 11:30pm ET

Saturday, March 2
Pool A Game 1: Japan at Brazil, 5am ET
Pool B Game 2: Korea at Netherlands, 8am ET
Pool A Game 2: Cuba at Brazil, 10:30pm ET

Sunday, March 3
Pool B Game 3: Netherlands at Chinese Taipei, 1:30am ET
Pool A Game 3: China at Japan, 5am ET

Monday, March 4
Pool A Game 4: China at Cuba, 2:30am ET
Pool B Game 4: Korea at Australia, 5:30am ET
Pool B Game 5: Australia at Netherlands, 11:30pm ET

Tuesday, March 5
Pool A Game 5: Brazil at China, 3am ET
Pool B Game 6: Chinese Taipei at Korea, 6:30am ET

Wednesday, March 6
Pool A Game 6: Japan at Cuba, 5am ET

Thursday, March 7
Pool D Game 1: Italy at Mexico, 3pm ET
Pool C Game 1: Venezuela at Dominican Republic, 6:30pm ET
Second Round, Pool 1 Game 1: Pool A Runner-Up at Pool B Winner, 10pm ET

Friday, March 8
Second Round, Pool 1 Game 2: Pool B Runner-Up at Pool A Winner, 5am ET
Pool D Game 2: Canada at Italy, 2:30pm ET
Pool C Game 2: Spain at Puerto Rico, 5:30pm ET
Pool D Game 3: Mexico at USA, 9pm ET

Saturday, March 9
Second Round, Pool 1 Game 3: Game 1 Loser at Game 2 Loser, 5am ET
Pool C Game 3: Dominican Republic at Spain, 11am ET
Pool D Game 4: Canada at Mexico, 2:30pm ET
Pool C Game 4: Puerto Rico at Venezuela, 5:30pm ET
Pool D Game 5: USA at Italy, 9pm ET

Sunday, March 10
Second Round, Pool 1 Game 4: Game 1 Winner at Game 2 Winner, 6am ET
Pool C Game 5: Spain at Venezuela, 12:30pm ET
Pool D Game 6: USA at Canada, 4pm ET
Pool C Game 6: Dominican Republic at Puerto Rico, 7:30pm ET

Monday, March 11
Second Round, Pool 1 Game 5: Game 3 Winner at Game 4 Loser, 6am ET

Tuesday, March 12
Second Round, Pool 1 Game 6: Game 5 Winner at Game 4 Winner, 6am ET
Second Round, Pool 2 Game 1: Pool D Runner-Up at Pool C Winner, 1pm ET
Second Round, Pool 2 Game 2: Pool C Runner-Up at Pool D Winner, 8pm ET

Wednesday, March 13
Second Round, Pool 2 Game 3: Game 1 Loser at Game 2 Loser, 7pm ET

Thursday, March 14
Second Round, Pool 2 Game 4: Game 1 Winner at Game 2 Winner, 7pm ET

Friday, March 15
Second Round, Pool 2 Game 5: Game 3 Winner at Game 4 Loser, 7pm ET

Saturday, March 16
Second Round, Pool 2 Game 6: Game 5 Winner at Game 4 Winner, 1pm ET

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND (Single Elimination)
AT&T Park, San Francisco
Sunday, March 17
Semifinal 1: Pool 2 Runner-Up at Pool 1 Winner, 9pm ET

Monday, March 18
Semifinal 2: Pool 1 Runner-Up at Pool 2 Winner, 9pm ET

Tuesday, March 19
Semifinal 1 Winner at Semifinal 2 Winner, 8pm ET

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
As the so-called Senior member of Reds-Age, let me welcome you to the thread. We have decent representation nowadays, but it wasn't always the case.

Anyway, It was the 'Rob' thing, lol. But, you getting teased for that has less to do with this thread and more to do with how things work on GAF. A user named Pimpwerx drives people nuts with the signature on every post, so people kinda take their stored-up rage at him and displace it on anyone who signs their posts.

As for the lifelong/bandwagon thing... look man, it's what happens when your team is good and you're new to a sports thread. Don't take it too personal. You got off light compared to Little Green Yoda. lol

Anyway, Welcome. Don't you listen to these nitwits, you hear? This place ain't so bad. Tell you what, I'll introduce you around, make you feel right at home. I know a couple of big old bull posters that'd just love to make your acquaintance. Especially that big, white, mushy butt of yours.

Thanks Vas. I knew you we be along soon enough to defend my honor as a fellow Reds fan.

I might just have a surprise for Eznark later. Just have to do some looking around. Stay tuned.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I was still a Junior when i joined the mlb thread last offseason :p

I'm still hoping I was around enough to get who ever makes the season thread to actually have to have a white sox fan this year even though it's a long running joke there aren't any >.>

Me too, I hope to be one of the few dual citizenship MLB Gaffers, I want to see my name on the OP this year.

Zep

Banned
Damn, I like this kid...Hes got some edge. Give him an invite to the chat.

I heard Dominic Brown hit a bomb like two gms ago also. Wonder if he's finally gonna get a chance to play.

Only if he fucks it up for himself. With that being said hes been great so far. Starting to get confident in pulling the ball and showing off his power.

400+ of those votes for #JoeyVotto were mine. See I cant type #JoeyVotto without a hashtag. I dont frequent this thread much for baseball because most of my social time is on twitter or im actually at the games and get no data coverage at the stadium. If you goto games, try to make it to one of the Reds tweetups this year. They are fun and you get to meet a bunch of the reds personalities. Met Dallas Latos and talked to her for like an hour last year.

BFIB

For those who will be getting The Show, who'd be interested in just playing some online games? No pressure of a league or anything, just some exhibition games with updated rosters?

We could keep score and have a GAF Show Champion or something.

G-Fex

For those who will be getting The Show, who'd be interested in just playing some online games? No pressure of a league or anything, just some exhibition games with updated rosters?

I'm not very good at The Show but Yes I'd love to get some online games on.

Streaming them of course too.

Perhaps. I'm sure I'd be bad though. Might be good for entertainment value when I'm down 10-0 after 1 :p.

It's always out the weekend before if you care to look. Pretty sure Zep has gotten it early like 5 straight years!

I found it in a Source store here in Canada yesterday but their system wouldn't let them put it through. Going to hunt today.

aFIGurANT

Last season's motto was "just finish"

What's this year's motto going to be for the Pirates?

"Just play the game the right way, everything else takes care of itself"

Which lends itself nicely to "We did what we wanted but just couldn't quite finish out as strong as we started, but that's the game. We'll have to do better next year" at the end of the season.

So was it the "Rob." thing or do you guys just generally dislike anyone trying to join your community?

I almost feel as if I have to 'prove' I'm a lifelong. I'm not sure exactly how to do that or if it's even worth feeding into.

don't sign your posts.

Solrac.

So do you just automatically assume I just got here because of the tag I didn't even earn? Go ahead take a look at the threads I have made and you tell me which one got me perma juniored at the end of the year. Hint, none of them. I still don't even know.

What.

what tag? you're a junior, get 300 more posts and you're fine. don't sign your name.

Solrac.

He called me and said asked for a chance,” Reds manager Dusty Baker said. “I talked to Walt (Jocketty). (Prior) says he feels good. He feels like he has some unfinished business.

"Mark Prior Part II : this time it's personal!"

DietRob

what tag? you're a junior, get 300 more posts and you're fine. don't sign your name.

Solrac.

Hello?!? Did you read any of the posts i made ITT I've already said I have over 7k posts and have been here since 08.

Prior as a Red. Hopefully this means Chapman will not be in the starting 5. I don't want to see his arm come flying off at a batter after his 80th pitch as a starter.

The downside to initially posting during a championship run (even if my first posts were during that slide of suckitude that preceded the comeback). And you guys are still more friendly to newcomers than NBA-GAF.

LOL at expecting the 2013 version of Mark Prior to
bump Chapman from the rotation

eznark

Banned
To be fair, good bad or otherwise, fuck Cardinals fans.

Guess I should state I'm a lifelong Indians fan before getting the same inevitable accusation :p.

Nah, you just came in and joined the conversation like a human being and didn't act like I should be grateful for your presence in this thread.

Booties

Banned
Get Arnold and Carl Wethers to play those two in the ESPN movie about all this please.

Phillies score 6 runs in 3 innings against the Yankees. I'm at work, does anyone know what's going on?

Get Arnold and Carl Wethers to play those two in the ESPN movie about all this please.

Phillies score 6 runs in 3 innings against the Yankees. I'm at work, does anyone know what's going on?

I am just checking the box score at work but Rollins and Mayberry have both knocked in 2 runs.

DietRob

Nah, you just came in and joined the conversation like a human being and didn't act like I should be grateful for your presence in this thread.

Yeah cause that is totally what I did,right? I give zero shits about you. Well i guess only enough to prove you wrong.I've seen your posts for years and know what type of poster you are. I was introducing myself to the community and you came at me in your typical fashion.

BFIB

Yeah cause that is totally what I did,right? I give zero shits about you. Well i guess only enough to prove you wrong.I've seen your posts for years and know what type of poster you are. I was introducing myself to the community and you came at me in your typical fashion.

Thats just eznark. Once Corey Hart is back, he'll cheer up.

Booties

Banned
I am just checking the box score at work but Rollins and Mayberry have both knocked in 2 runs.

Can't believe I got this proxy to work at work. Yeah Rollins hit a double, Mayberry a single. Howard had a RBI GIDP and someone else had an infield error. Halladay went 2.1 and got 3 strikeouts.

Here comes Papelbon with an 81.00 ERA

Hello?!? Did you read any of the posts i made ITT I've already said I have over 7k posts and have been here since 08.

Prior as a Red. Hopefully this means Chapman will not be in the starting 5. I don't want to see his arm come flying off at a batter after his 80th pitch as a starter.

why would I read posts from a Junior?

you obvioulsy don' truly understand Eznark if you're getting all hot and bothered about him. now he smells the fear in you.

Top Bottom