• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Damn. I missed the fight :lol

How the fuck did I miss that?!

Heard most of the aftermath on the radio on my way home. Damn.

And you know what hope no one gets hurts blah blah but fuck it, good on everyone who stepped up. It's like in some other sport that we don't need to speak about here, in international tournaments you get small round robins and as a result scoring differential comes into play so unfortunately you get Russia pounding the Ukraine by 15 but that's the way it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0445HMGAzA0&feature=player_embedded

sangreal

The point he was trying to make was that teams are going to do everything they can in the WBC to run up the score because of the mercy rules.

I know what his point was. I just think its really belittling to suggest the Mexicans can't figure that out. You might as well make the same claim about every player that gets upset over stupid unwritten rules

abrack08

I know what his point was. I just think its really belittling to suggest the Mexicans can't figure that out. You might as well make the same claim about every player that gets upset over stupid unwritten rules

Well... doesn't that kind of show they didn't understand? Why would you be so mad if you knew the team was just doing whatever they could to have the best chance to move on? It's not the same rules, so the "unwritten rule" shouldn't really apply, yet they retaliated as if it still did. It's either not understanding or not caring, either way it was a dumb move.

Also, hi, first MLB thread post.

sangreal

Well... doesn't that kind of show they didn't understand? Why would you be so mad if you knew the team was just doing whatever they could to have the best chance to move on? It's not the same rules, so the "unwritten rule" shouldn't really apply, yet they retaliated as if it still did. It's either not understanding or not caring, either way it was a dumb move.

Also, hi, first MLB thread post.

No, I don't see how it's different than any other game a team runs up the score in. They do it to win. Comebacks happen all the time. Yet people get pissed in the regular season and people get pissed in the tournament. Doesn't indicate at all that they are too stupid to figure out that run differential matters

calder

For what it's worth, it's exactly what Rick Renteria said too after the game.

DannyKnoblerCBS
‏Mexico mgr Renteria suggests that his players didn't realize in heat of action that Canada was bunting because of tiebreaker rules

He also said that as manager he should have done a better job making sure the players knew. *shrug*

I like how the camera caught Luis Cruz motioning to the pitcher to make sure the next guy got creamed after the bunt. Can you imagine Selig's rage if Cruz did that with the Dodgers?

vinny-fist-pump_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Top Bottom