• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CY DICKEY!!!

tumblr_mam4dmVMLn1rx0p97o1_1280.png
K9KyU.jpg

So awesome that a knuckleballer won the Cy Young. Grats Dickey. On the other side, i think Verlander got shafted, but i have no problems with Price winning it.

Puddles

Banned
Kershaw got robbed.

Better in ERA, better in WHIP, better in WAR, better in K/9. But he had fewer wins, so fuck it, give Dickey the Cy Young!

Puddles

Banned
At least when Kershaw won it over Halladay last year, there was a statistical argument to be made. Kershaw had better traditional stats, and you had to break into the advanced "what we expect they might have done if all factors had been perfectly equal" stats in order to argue Halladay.

That isn't even the case here. Kershaw was better in the traditional stats and the advanced stats. Literally all Dickey had was wins and one more strikeout in 4 more innings.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Didnt realize Dickey was gonna win by that large. I hope one year Cain can pull a complete season with great numbers.

newjeruse

Chipper needs to un-retire:

Chipper Jones ‏@RealCJ10
What a crock of crap! Oswald killed Kennedy? Seriously? Sorry, but I'm watching JFK. It's almost laughable what they want us to believe.

Chipper Jones ‏@RealCJ10
Anyone who has ever fired a rifle and watched the Zapruder film, will tell you the fatal headshot came from the grassy knoll. C'mon people!!

jbug617

Banned
So Heyman hears the Red Sox might go after Hamilton. Dallas is a bigger night life city than Boston and If the Sox were able to get him for 3-4yr deal then I would do it.

So Heyman hears the Red Sox might go after Hamilton. Dallas is a bigger night life city than Boston and If the Sox were able to get him for 3-4yr deal then I would do it.

First of all, lmao if you think Hamilton is going to have to settle for 3 or 4 years. Someone will give him 6 or 7. Second, I don't get the reasoning about the "night life" when it comes to where Hamilton will end up. They got bars in every city that has an MLB team, and if a guy has hundreds of millions of dollars he can get booze and heroin even if he's living in Bumfuck, North Dakota. I doubt being in NY city versus Milwakee or Dallas would make him more likely to relapse. Hell didn't his last relapse happen in the Rangers spring training town in Arizona?

Top Bottom