• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

jman2050

So that's the second year in a row a Detroit Tiger undeservedly stole the MVP from a speedy center fielder who just had the best season of his career.

Can't say Posey was undeserving, but I really wanted Yadi to win.

Got some votes though, so that counts for something.
This season was probably Yadi's best shot at an MVP award. Really can't see him putting up similar numbers again. Then again, I thought that in 2011 too. He certainly has come a long way since hitting .216 in 2006.

Enron

Banned
Wooooooooooooooooo!

sabernerds lose again...

Good shit Miggy.

Hah. Go Migs!

mN9nI.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't even understand how this happened.

You think old fart writers would appreciate the guy who has the best defense in the league at a premium position and went 49 for 54 in stolen bases over the fat tub of lard who is slower than molasses but I guess not.

I blame Josh Hamilton for not managing to hit 2 more home runs this year allowing this travesty to take place.

Fenix

You think old fart writers would appreciate the guy who has the best defense in the league at a premium position and went 49 for 54 in stolen bases over the fat tub of lard who is slower than molasses but I guess not.

I blame Josh Hamilton for not managing to hit 2 more home runs this year allowing this travesty to take place.
I blame Bautista for getting hurt, was on pace for 50ish :(

Enron

Banned

Do not care. all i care about is

mN9nI.gif
mN9nI.gif
mN9nI.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Fat tub of lard? You act like Prince won

Why are you disrespecting Miggy? He does what he does best and that is hit the damn baseball which he is second to none. I respect Miggy for having to compromise being comfortable at 1st for Prince. You need tone down that petulant talk of yours.

jman2050

I'd be more sympathetic to Trout's cause, but I'm the same person that laughed mercilessly when Ellsbury got robbed last year after Boston's implosion so I have no leg to stand on.

At least now Enron knows how I feel!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why are you disrespecting Miggy? He does what he does best and that is hit the damn baseball which he is second to none. I respect Miggy for having to compromise being comfortable at 1st for Prince. You need tone down that petulant talk of yours.

He didn't hit the ball as well as Mike Trout.

Not even taking into account any other part of the game, Miguel Cabrera was not as good with the stick as Mike Trout.

Miggy had a great season and is a great player but there was no question at all who the MVP should have been.

Even more egregious than the idea Cabrera should have won it because he won the triple crown is the notion the Tigers made the playoffs and the Angels didn't so he deserved it. It makes no sense. The Angels had more wins than the Tigers. Is Trout supposed to control what division he hits in?

Enron

Banned

Not even taking into account any other part of the game, Miguel Cabrera was not as good with the stick as Mike Trout.

Miggy had a great season and is a great player but there was no question at all who the MVP should have been.

Dude, Miggy led the leauge in BA, RBI, AND homers. Come on bro.

jman2050

Even more egregious than the idea Cabrera should have won it because he won the triple crown is the notion the Tigers made the playoffs and the Angels didn't so he deserved it. It makes no sense. The Angels had more wins than the Tigers. Is Trout supposed to control what division he hits in?

bubu

playoffs man

playoffs

playoffs

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Say whatever you want about ESPN but at least their writers are much smarter than the people who vote in the BBWAA. 21-7 for Trout there.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Trout hit the ball better than the only triple crown winner we have had since the 60s?

Nope. Not buying it

Top Bottom