• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Malo

Banned
The yankees have resigned Kuorda. Thank you, baby jesus.

Buster
‏@Buster_ESPN
The agreement with the Yankees and Kuroda is for $15 million, with some incentives that are worth less than $1 million.

The Yankees have signed relief pitcher David Herndon to a split contract. Herndon will make $750k if he makes the team out of spring training.

The Diamondbacks have acquired LHP Matt Reynolds from the Rockies in exchange for IF Ryan Wheeler.

sangreal

Nice move by Ichiro to the Ichimeter girl:

uDTJw.jpg

4JJKs.jpg

Mariners DFA'd Chone Figgins. Mariners owe him $8 million in 2013 in the final year of a 4-year, $36 million contract. His 2014 $9 million option is a vesting option, so there's no buyout unless he fulfills it (600 plate appearances in 2013).

Mariners DFA'd Chone Figgins. Mariners owe him $8 million in 2013 in the final year of a 4-year, $36 million contract. His 2014 $9 million option is a vesting option, so there's no buyout unless he fulfills it (600 plate appearances in 2013).

Should have happened last season, but holy hell am I glad he's gone.

Blearth

Banned
Ok, who let Geoff Keighley into the Brewers front office?

millerpark2013_medium.jpg

The Dew Deck, a seating area above the right-field bleachers that dates to Miller Park's opening year, will be renovated during the off-season. The signature addition to the area will be a 25-foot-high rock-climbing wall, designed in the shape of a Mountain Dew can. The wall will be open for approximately three hours every game day, and will be designed to accommodate up to four climbers at a time. Other improvements to the area will include new lighting, new ceilings, installation of flat panel televisions, repainting, and new signage. The Dew Deck accommodates groups of 25 to 260 people (no individual ticket purchases are available). The area features stadium seating, a private bar, and private restrooms. Tickets to this affordable party space include an all-you-can eat pregame tailgate buffet that begins when the Miller Park gates open and ends one hour after the first pitch. Individuals interested in hosting events at the new Dew Deck may call 414-902-GRPS for more information.

http://ballparkdigest.com/201211205...ers-announce-2013-improvements-to-miller-park

Getting Kuroda back is great, especially at 1 year so we can stick to the plan of getting to $189M by 2014.

I would love to see the Yankees make other bold 1-year deals this offseason, actually.

That Herndon deal though...I dunno about that one. I guess relievers are a crapshoot though, so it's whatever.

Getting Kuroda back is great, especially at 1 year so we can stick to the plan of getting to $189M by 2014.

I would love to see the Yankees make other bold 1-year deals this offseason, actually.

That Herndon deal though...I dunno about that one. I guess relievers are a crapshoot though, so it's whatever.

If they offered Josh Hamilton 1 year/$45 million do you think he would take it?

Top Bottom