• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the braves could always go after.....victorino. he could probably be had at a pretty good price.

the braves could always go after.....victorino. he could probably be had at a pretty good price.

piper.gif

Dodgers TV deal is being finalized with Fox. It is reported to be $6-7 billion over 25 years. That's $200 million in revenue just from TV PER YEAR for the team. Damn.

Windu

Dodgers TV deal is being finalized with Fox. It is reported to be $6-7 billion over 25 years. That's $200 million in revenue just from TV PER YEAR for the team. Damn.
I assume its not 200 mil annually. probably much less early on and gradually gets larger accounting for inflation etc... Still though, the NL is doomed.

Jim Bowden of ESPN.Com says the Braves are "expected" to sign B.J. Upton next week, but the Phillies are still in the mix along with the dreaded MYSTERY TEAM.

Windu

Jim Bowden of ESPN.Com says the Braves are "expected" to sign B.J. Upton next week, but the Phillies are still in the mix along with the dreaded MYSTERY TEAM.
The Mystery team is the new unannounced franchise, the Portland Beavers.

Bowden:

B.J. Upton could be in line for the richest contract the Braves have ever handed out. Previous high was the 6-year, $75 million deal given to Andruw Jones in 2001. Phillies believe Upton will sign with Braves but are doing everything they can to make it a fascinating bidding war and drive up the price for the Braves. Also, there is a third mystery team in on Upton believed to be either the Reds or the Nationals.

Braves need to give out those large contracts. They always work out so well for everyone else!

Yeah, giving Uggla $62 million was a great call! Although to be fair, Uggla was coming off his best season ever and he had a career .360 average in Turner Field with the Marlins.

rays official twitter account said:
Happy Monday--The Rays and Evan Longoria have agreed on a contract extension that could keep him in a Rays uniform through the 2023 season.
Just heard also it mite be for 100 million and option for 2023.

Sharp

It really baffles me that the Rays can't get fans to attend their games. Yes, I know the demographic / location shittiness hampers them, but they've been consistently good and competitive for many years now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It really baffles me that the Rays can't get fans to attend their games. Yes, I know the demographic / location shittiness hampers them, but they've been consistently good and competitive for many years now.

Shitty location, shitty demographics and that stadium is a fucking albatross. The worst professional sports venue I have ever been to in my life. It is an absolute eyesore both outside and inside. The concessions are terrible and the whole place feels completely drab. Everything about the stadium sucks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jaysonst
Only one player besides Longoria is signed thru 2022: Joey Votto (thru '23). Votto will earn $210M thru '22, Longoria $136M

lol

eznark

Banned
According to anonymous sources close to the situation, Mystery Team is leading the discussions to acquire Talon's recently severed left foot.

Top Bottom