• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

xbhaskarx

I haven't watched baseball in weeks but I'd just like to say congratulations to the current baseball world champions, Japan.

Blearth

Banned
The best part of winning the World Series is that we did it during the A's cinderella season. Stealing all of their thunder. :)

Blearth

Banned
The Giants moved to the Bay Area 10 years before the A's. As far as I'm concerned, the entire Bay Area is rightfully ours.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Taiwan CG news recaps the World Series

nmaseriessummary1029201.gif

panda-tiger.gif

iojGiuci1PWnn.png

FOOTE

Cards need to get middle infield help for sure. Does Mo stretch out and put a package together with a combo of players?

Not surprising on the Astros logo change. They tend to do this every 4-6 years and then scream how they are full of tradition.

And Robo, I hope you do get added for the Cards. That list is mighty short. :(

I've been hearing that the Cards are wanting Carpenter to work on his second base fielding.
I really don't think they are preparing to sign a FA. It's a long off season though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade for some help. I do think it's a long shot though.

Congrats to Giants-GAF. As long as you weren't in the rioting mix, because that's embarrassing.

Glad the Cardinals lost to the champs at least.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hot damn mlb actually has a blu-ray version of all the world series games this time!

Time to spend a lot of money here soon...

Hot damn mlb actually has a blu-ray version of all the world series games this time!

Time to spend a lot of money here soon...

Of course they have Bluray for a series that was just shit awful. Besides, as I said the other day, a few specifically good individual performances and, what I'll add for this post, was a close and kind of fun 4th game.

I've been hearing that the Cards are wanting Carpenter to work on his second base fielding.
I really don't think they are preparing to sign a FA. It's a long off season though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade for some help. I do think it's a long shot though.
We have been skimping on 2B for years so I doubt we'll make much of a splash this offseason for that position. Trade is probably the only way to upgrade that spot since I don't think there's much out there in FA for the MI.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Buster_ESPN
Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.

Take on a shitload of bad money from the Red Sox
Try to trade Ethier

???

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched all of Major League I and the second half of Major League II on TV. My dad was watching one so I watched it with him. Then as one ended, I started to search HBO and I saw II was already on so we finished that... Anyway, damn I miss watching baseball. Offseason baseball really is the worst time of the year.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."

Buster_ESPN
Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.

Take on a shitload of bad money from the Red Sox
Try to trade Ethier

???

Ethier wanted out last year. He saw money and said forget it. It would work on both sides if he leaves...

XiaNaphryz

Of course they have Bluray for a series that was just shit awful. Besides, as I said the other day, a few specifically good individual performances and, what I'll add for this post, was a close and kind of fun 4th game.

Given the sweep, I wouldn't be surprised if they include the key NLCS and NLDS games for the collector set.

makes sense. who on their right mind would want to play with the dodgers... ewww. Ethier is overrated, he should be traded while he has value.

bozeman

I'll check the off season thread for the A-Rod drama but as for the Cards I honestly don't know what they can do. Yes, upgrade the middle infield but aren't we stuck with Furcal for another year? I like the idea of seeing if Matt Carpenter can do it but doing that with Skip and Allen Craig we're sort of pressing our luck with telling guys to just go out there and play 2nd base.

I know we're losing Lohse and some team is going to take a look at his decent year and throw way too much money at him. I'm excited to see if Shelby Miller is major league ready. I honestly thing Chris Carpenter is done although I'd like his trend of "one great season, followed by injury plagued season, followed by great season" to continue. Then there's Jake Westbrook...barf.

zulux21

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1651785/panda-tiger.gif[img]

This one will make a good avatar.

Awesome.[/QUOTE]
funny thing, my wife caught site of that gif and knew enough to know it was baseball and the tigers lost from it (I had talked about how I wanted the tigers to win), she then asked me what team beat them (she didn't know enough for that) and is now anti giants because of that gif lol

zulux21

I forget, are there rules in place to keep a team from signing a top free agent during the off season, to only turn around and trade them before the season starts?

XiaNaphryz

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/30/san-francisco-giants-world-series-odds/1668741/

New World Series odds provided by RJ Bell of Pregame.com has the San Francisco Giants as third choice for the 2013 World Series.

The future odds:

Tigers: 7-1
Yankees: 8-1
Giants: 10-1

Angels: 12-1
Rangers: 13-1
Nationals: 13-1
Reds: 14-1

Phillies: 15-1
Cardinals: 15-1
Braves: 17-1
Dodgers: 18-1

Rays: 21-1
Red Sox: 24-1
Diamondbacks: 25-1
Orioles: 25-1
Brewers: 25-1
Athletics: 25-1

White Sox: 30-1
Pirates: 31-1
Blue Jays: 36-1

Marlins: 40-1
Mets: 40-1
Mariners: 42-1

Padres: 61-1
Twins: 68-1

Indians: 75-1
Cubs: 76-1
Rockies: 76-1
Royals: 80-1

Astros: 150-1

I just watched all of Major League I and the second half of Major League II on TV. My dad was watching one so I watched it with him. Then as one ended, I started to search HBO and I saw II was already on so we finished that... Anyway, damn I miss watching baseball. Offseason baseball really is the worst time of the year.

I think I'm going to watch Ken Burns Baseball all the way through over the next few weeks. I've only seen parts of it out of order here and there.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I think I'm going to watch Ken Burns Baseball all the way through over the next few weeks. I've only seen parts of it out of order here and there.
i have watched the first few innings and then the 10th inning. The 10th inning is awesome, some great hd content in there that you rarely get to see.

Top Bottom