• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

eznark

Banned
Never. The Twins gave basically the most firm denial I've ever heard them give on ANYTHING when a reporter asked them if Mauer is available. Trading him would be stupid for a littany of reasons.

#1 being that no one in the league places nearly as high a value on him as the Twins.

Walden provides good insurance in case Jonny Venters is broken again this year.

Hanson is toast. LOL at whoever called him a "good starter". He was awful and he suddenly can't throw harder than 90 anymore at age 25.

5qO99.png

Yeah.

holy shit, thats insane.

harSon

Banned
Why? What the fuck is wrong with GMs? You really have NOBODY in your farm system that can replicate Russell Martin's mediocre production at a fraction of that cost?

Did you see McKenry or Barajas play catcher last season? Not only could they not hit worth a shit, but if you attempted a steal against us, you were pretty much guaranteed to make it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
using this for the arbitration raises, and this for the contract numbers and increasing everyone else by 20% I come up with about 11 million for the braves to spend if the braves have the same payroll as 2012. That roster probably needs some changes but I think its roughly accurate in terms of the payroll.

IRgFZ.png

I think I did read that Wren said something about potentially raising the payroll a little bit this season, so maybe something like 95 mil so maybe 13 mil to spend.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
1 year.

David Wright is going to take the brunt of the criticism when they finish in 4th place for the 5th straight year, ala Joe Mauer.

Top Bottom