• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

jakncoke

Banned
late to the news but damn 2 yrs 17 million for him. At least its only 2, fucking Tony Sanchez fault for being a bum bust of a top 5 pick.

Edit; Is this a record? Barejas threw out 6 of 99 runners.

Well the Wilson non tendering makes me :/. I don't want to over pay a risky repeat injury but god damn he was a big part of that club house.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken_Rosenthal
Brewers announce acquisition of RHP Burke Badenhop from #Rays for outfielder Raul Mondesi Jr. Mondesi, 20, was in rookie ball last season.

Can't believe there was a team out there desperate enough for relief help to trade for Badenhop.

And fuck now I feel old.

late to the news but damn 2 yrs 17 million for him. At least its only 2, fucking Tony Sanchez fault for being a bum bust of a top 5 pick.

Wow. That's...wow. Apparently he didn't play quite enough to qualify for records, but looking around, it seems to be one of the worst seasons ever in that regard. In the '90s, Mike Piazza was routinely allowing 100+ stolen bases a year, and even he managed to catch more than 10% of runners per year. 6% seems like it shouldn't even be possible...the absolute best base runners usually get caught at a higher rate than that. Apparently it's possibly part of an organizational philosophy?

eznark

Banned
Ken_Rosenthal
Brewers announce acquisition of RHP Burke Badenhop from #Rays for outfielder Raul Mondesi Jr. Mondesi, 20, was in rookie ball last season.

Can't believe there was a team out there desperate enough for relief help to trade for Badenhop.

And fuck now I feel old.

?

He is young and pitched well last year and the Brewers got him for nothing. Sweet!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
#1 being that no one in the league places nearly as high a value on him as the Twins.
This is true, honestly. I know his contract is a bit of an overpay for on the field performance, but I think that combined with his marketability as a Twin it makes up for it. Still, because of his contract they couldn't get a reasonable return in players/prospects for him. And it's not like they'd take that salary savings and buy a high ticket free agent (Willingham at 3/$21 is their biggest FA signing ever).

That being said he'd probably go nuts playing at Fenway 81 games a year, with tons and tons of doubles off the Monster.

All Non-Tenders

Athletics:
– Jermaine Mitchell

Blue Jays:
– Bobby Wilson

Braves:
– Jair Jurrjens
– Peter Moylan

Brewers:
– Manny Parra

Cubs:
– Jaye Chapman
– Zach Putnam
– Ian Stewart

Diamondbacks:
– Wil Nieves

Giants:
– Brian Wilson

Indians:
– Jack Hannahan
– Rafael Perez
– Chris Seddon

Mariners:
– Robert Andino

Mets:
– Manny Acosta
– Mike Pelfrey
– Andres Torres

Nationals:
– Jesus Flores
– Tom Gorzelanny
– John Lannan

Orioles:
– Stuart Pomeranz
– Omar Quintanilla
– Mark Reynolds

Padres:
– Juan Oramas

Phillies:
– Nate Schierholz

Pirates:
– Jeff Karstens

Rangers:
– Jacob Brigham
– Brandon Snyder
– Geovany Soto

Rays:
– Ben Francisco

Red Sox:
– Scott Atchison
– Rich Hill
– Ryan Sweeney

Royals:
– Derrick Robinson

Tigers:
– Daniel Schlereth

White Sox:
– Anthony Carter
– Dan Johnson

harSon

Banned

That's why I don't mind the trade. Anything is better than 6%

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the winter meetings start tomorrow.

zwZ9Q.gif

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Trade rumors with Espinosa involved make me sad. He's going to be a great player, maybe as a shortstop with another team.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Nomar's better. He only turned to dust internally.
9ByFa.jpg

Supposedly the Braves and Diamondbacks went into negotiations as soon as they arrived.

Oh lawd. Pls don't trade Simmons.
there is no way they trade simmons. i'm not even sure I would do a straight up simmons for upton trade. Simmons will probably be a 4 or 5 win player next season. Upton isn't that much more valuable than Simmons when you account for the money.

Sharp

Trade rumors with Espinosa involved make me sad. He's going to be a great player, maybe as a shortstop with another team.
The Nats would have to get a hell of a good deal to make it worth trading Espinosa. I'm not even sure what that kind of deal would look like unless they are dealing for prospects (which shouldn't be their focus right now).

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
9ByFa.jpg

there is no way they trade simmons. i'm not even sure I would do a straight up simmons for upton trade. Simmons will probably be a 4 or 5 win player next season. Upton isn't that much more valuable than Simmons when you account for the money.
Not to mention the issue of position scarcity involved in finding a replacement for a shortstop as opposed to a left fielder.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
How many years would they get Shields for? I think it would be a mistake. I'm not willing to bank on Rendon and Lombardozzi.

Top Bottom