• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

It's a winter of desperation. The worse Upton gets 75, Martin making 8.5 per year, and Swisher is probably going to get Werth money somehow. Not to mention all the money that Hamilton's going to collect.
Is that pretty much every offseason where a few teams throw stupid amounts of money at free agents?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Is that pretty much every offseason where a few teams throw stupid amounts of money at free agents?

If they don't and only use their farm system or minor league deals efficiently, all the casual fanbase will think the team isn't doing enough to try to win. A lot of those big deals are more to draw fans than win games, though the latter tends to be a nice side effect.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'd take him, fuck it the Twins have awful pitching.
jQnpm.png

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This pretty much nails it. I doubt they're going to drop Greinke or Sanchez coin. They need like three pitchers. Sounds like the might go bring Liriano back. I'd rather give him another shot than sign Joe Saunders or some shit.

Ah well, another top 5 draft pick next year and they're loaded up for that 2014, 2015 run!

This pretty much nails it. I doubt they're going to drop Greinke or Sanchez coin. They need like three pitchers. Sounds like the might go bring Liriano back. I'd rather give him another shot than sign Joe Saunders or some shit.

Ah well, another top 5 draft pick next year and they're loaded up for that 2014, 2015 run!
The Royals are an abused wife as well. Got Guthrie and Santana. Offered contracts to Dumpster, Feldman and Baker.

Its 8 yrs for 138. Thing is 2013 is included in the deal. Wright and his agent wanted 2013 contract to be redone. I am excite!! Now bring back Dickey, fuck trading him! (Unless we can get a nice OF)

BFIB

Holy shit. Guess that takes them out of the Lohse/Grienke sweepstakes.

EDIT: Jordan Walden is going to Atlanta.

Talon

So our rotation will be Beachy, Medlen, Hudson, Minor, Delgado with Teheran having a shot in camp. I'm okay with that.

Talon

No Hanson would have meant less Durbin by default anyways.

Bullpen improved even without Walden out of virtue of IP.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Man, listening to Denard talking on ESPN Radio in Minneapolis about his trade is crushing me. I'm glad he's going to a team I don't loathe and a team that's going to contend. You Nationals fans are in for a treat. He's a great player, and an even better dude.

Top Bottom