• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Enron

Banned
Josh's market must have fallen through the floor. I don't really want Josh back, but if its reasonable (considering) I don't mind I guess.

okay.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Josh's market must have fallen through the floor. I don't really want Josh back, but if its reasonable (considering) I don't mind I guess.

okay.jpg

The word is that Red Sox was going to jump in Hamilton race only if he agrees to a 3yr deal.

Drek

I think him asking for both was too much and he knows dat. Unless a deal like Wheeler for Beltran comes up, Sandy can say he tried n found no worthy offers. Fans agree n r satisfied either way.

Why? The Mets aren't going to get more for Dickey at the deadline when the trade partner can't tender him a qualifying offer and get two firsts back if he's one and done.

This is his peak market value right now. Why would fans be satisfied about hanging onto a 38 year old pitcher for one more year when the team is basically guaranteed to not be competitive for that one year?

I personally don't want Dickey on the Red Sox, I'd rather they sent Salty for Gavin Floyd myself, but the Mets failing to move Dickey for his best return this off-season is just handicapping their rebuilding efforts, not helping them.

They aren't likely to land a single A level prospect for Dickey so they should do the smart thing and go after a handful of B/B+ types who can fill in the 25 man roster holes for years ahead and hopefully catch a break out player.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Buster_ESPN
Bidding on Marco Scutaro said to have reached something in the range of 3 years, $24 million; SF viewed as frontrunner by source involved.

dat 2b market.

Malo

Banned
He's not even a dick. He's one of the best club house guys you can have on your team. Giants fans are going to love his enthusiasm. If it wasn't for his awful playoff performances The Yankees would of resigned him.
It's because of the $189 mill budget that they won't sign him, not because of his awfulness in the playoffs.

Sanjuro

It's because of the $189 mill budget that they won't sign him, not because of his awfulness in the playoffs.

i4J2LgtRuFZL3.gif

I don't really believe in this nonsense so it doesn't bother me

That's bullshit. Swisher has been dreadful in the playoffs. If you don't think that's not taken into account into potentially resigning him, then I don't know what to tell you. The Yankees can't have the same squad of ineptitude in the playoffs each year.

Enron

Banned
Adam J Morris over at LSB thinks that the Hamilton deal will be in the neighborhood of 90 mil for 4 years. Oh well, at least it's only 4 years - if the Phillies don't moneywhip him.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
That's bullshit. Swisher has been dreadful in the playoffs. If you don't think that's not taken into account into potentially resigning him, then I don't know what to tell you. The Yankees can't have the same squad of ineptitude in the playoffs each year.
With arguments like this, you could be the best lawyer in the world.

Adam J Morris over at LSB thinks that the Hamilton deal will be in the neighborhood of 90 mil for 4 years. Oh well, at least it's only 4 years - if the Phillies don't moneywhip him.

Hopefully the Phils will hear those numbers and reach for the checkbook. Either give him a 5th year or offer way more money.

Top Bottom