• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's a complete sham that Mike Napoli got the same contract as Shane Victorino.
I bet the Sox GM just has a stack of those contracts with a blank to write the player's name in

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
With all this silliness, I bet if Terry Ryan had wanted until now to trade Span to the Nats he could've got something more back. I want Lombardozzi, god dammit.

harSon

Banned
I truly hate the Pirate's organization. It's looking more and more likely that we're not going to do shit in this off-season, which is alarming considering we still need another starting pitcher, another bat, some help in the bullpen and a shortstop.

Spend some fucking money you penny pinching assholes. It's pretty clear they're still not serious about breaking a 2 decade long losing streak at this point.

hemtae

We would lose a draft pick.
He would probably take on an additional year + more money.
He is terrible defensively.
He is a giant douchebag.

From what the NL people here say, Victorino is also a giant douchebag but maybe that's just because he played for the Phillies.

Victorino pitched a fit this year when Charlie dropped him down to #7 in a game against the Braves during one of his many slumps. Charlie then decided to bench him since he didn't like #7 so much.

He'll fit in great in Boston!

Blackace

Hunter's offense does not rely purely on speed the way Victorino's does. His speed is gone. He's toast.

Torii Hunter is also a really good outfielder. And except for that odd outburst about dark Latinos he has been a good person and good teammate..

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
And except for that odd outburst about dark Latinos he has been a good person and good teammate..
Except for the time he tried to get into a fist fight with Justin Morneau in the locker room (and Morneau ducked so he punched Nick Punto). And except for the time he insinuated in the media that other players were faking their injuries on the team. And except for his entire last season in Minnesota where he discussed just how badly he wanted to play in basically every city in the AL. And except for him trying to say the team was "scared" to play the Yankees in the playoffs after he left (which is high comedy since his idiotic dive that lead to an inside the park homer in game one of the ALDS pretty much sunk the series for the team).

Hunter is a world class fuckhead who does it all with a big smile on his face. I'm glad the guy is no longer with the Twins. I'm disappointed I'll have to listen to the announcers was his balls 36 times the next two years when the Twins play the Tigers.

Except for the time he tried to get into a fist fight with Justin Morneau in the locker room (and Morneau ducked so he punched Nick Punto). And except for the time he insinuated in the media that other players were faking their injuries on the team. And except for his entire last season in Minnesota where he discussed just how badly he wanted to play in basically every city in the AL. And except for him trying to say the team was "scared" to play the Yankees in the playoffs after he left (which is high comedy since his idiotic dive that lead to an inside the park homer in game one of the ALDS pretty much sunk the series for the team).

Hunter is a world class fuckhead who does it all with a big smile on his face. I'm glad the guy is no longer with the Twins. I'm disappointed I'll have to listen to the announcers was his balls 36 times the next two years when the Twins play the Tigers.

I can never fault a guy for punching Nick Punto.

Blackace

Yeah but you would punch somebody if you lived in Minnesota... oh... sorry

Maxim726X

So 40 for Pagan, 39 for Victorino... The new realities of the FA market.

I can only imagine what Hamilton and Grienke are going to make.

Macattk15

This is true. He's probably lucky he didn't hit Morneau. Morneau would've broken him in two.

I don't live in Minnesota. I live somewhere worse (North Dakota).

Morneau probably would have received another concussion that fucked up his career even earlier.

Jubs

Morneau probably would of received another concussion that fucked up his career even earlier.

WLR4W.gif

So 40 for Pagan, 39 for Victorino... The new realities of the FA market.

I can only imagine what Hamilton and Grienke are going to make.

Grienke is easily going to breach $20m AAV. Pitching market is that thin this offseason, and the teams who need rotation help have the funds.

I still miss you, Zack...

GreinkeTest.gif.opt.gif

Top Bottom