• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Red Sox are leading for Victorino. 3yr/38 million
https://twitter.com/nickcafardo/status/276070017718702081

Paul-Pierce-Smile-and-Shock.gif

Seriously that might be the worst deal of hte offseason (up there with League, at least) if the Sox go through with it. Victorino is shot. He's done. He looked like a utility OF last year. I would have to think long about signing him to a one year deal, let alone 3.

hemtae

Seriously that might be the worst deal of hte offseason (up there with League, at least) if the Sox go through with it. Victorino is shot. He's done. He looked like a utility OF last year. I would have to think long about signing him to a one year deal, let alone 3.
Don't worry, we'll just give him to you guys at the deadline if we go through with it.

clemenx

Banned
Ohh a 4 teamer sounds exciting. Arizona is stacked with pitching prospects, even with Bauer sorta flopping. That Lee for Upton alone doesn't make sense to me.

JABEE

Now others are saying it's off base. Who knows? Charlie Manuel was supposed to be doing a radio show at 4 PM. He still hasn't been on.

They're saying it could be a trade without Lee?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It is, in fact, a useless stat.

It is one of the purest stats in baseball

Someone gets a hit 25% of the time

Don't see how it is useless

In a vacuum like someone said it is less useful.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It is one of the purest stats in baseball

Someone gets a hit 25% of the time

Don't see how it is useless

In a vacuum like someone said it is less useful.
If by "pure" you mean simplistic, than I agree. Is that really something we want to aspire to though?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If by "pure" you mean simplistic, than I agree. Is that really something we want to aspire to though?
Well in reality baseball isn't quite as complex as people want to make it

hemtae

Its not statistically inferred so it has no margin of error. Although it probably isn't that great to determine hitting skill as so many would like to use it.

Edit: god dammit

Top Bottom