• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Fenix

would you do Lee for Ellsbury? Red Sox would take all of Lee's contract
Lee is still a great pitcher with 3/4 years of control, Ellsbury has been a injury risk with inconsistent output and 1 year of control. That's nowhere near Lee territory.

eznark

Banned
hmm interesting. since he has only one year left he might be had for cheap if a team pays for his entire salary.

I guess they just want to clear salary to sign a starting pitcher. A bullpen arm and 2 star prospect probably gets it done.

Rosenthal says a four-team mega trade is being discussed between the Rangers, Indians, Diamondbacks, and Rays.

-- Rangers would get Justin Upton and James Shields
-- Diamondbacks would get Asdrubal Cabrera
-- Indians would get Mike Olt
-- Rays would get prospects back from all three teams

rekameohs

Banned
Rosenthal says a four-team mega trade is being discussed between the Rangers, Indians, Diamondbacks, and Rays.

I would loathe this.

A9YGaYYCEAAr4i1.jpg:large

Branduil

I'm okay with this.

Doogdogg

Brewers, Royals, Red Sox In On Dempster
By Luke Adams [December 5 at 2:13pm CST]
2:13pm: The Royals made Dempster a two-year, $26MM offer, which he declined

------------------

W.T.F

cashman

Banned

hmmmmm

Macattk15

The deal is for one year and is expected to be worth less than $1MM, according to Greg Johns of MLB.com.

Welcome Jason Bay. Hope you have SOMETHING left in the tank otherwise go join Figgins somewhere.

Phew.

jakncoke

Banned
So, Garret Jones and Joel Hanrahan on the block. Not surprised nor do I care all that much. Hanrahan looked liked he was regressing last year. His fastball seemed to lose a bit and I can only imagine it continuing down this road. Garret Jones is a nice bat but eh whatever.

Fenix

Hahaha what??

Wow. There are no words. I guess negative 1000 WAR players are hard to come by or something?

That's not awful, I guess. Guess they're firm on D'Arnaud?
Yeah, D'Arnaud is not happening.

Though in the same chat, Elliot says the Jays offered D'Arnaud for Profar and were rebuffed.
Edit: Should clarify that I think that was over the summer, not during the Meetings.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Hahaha what??

Wow. There are no words. I guess negative 1000 WAR players are hard to come by or something?
sadly 1 million seems to be the going rate for veteran Free Agents, no matter how shitty. Baseball salaries are insane these days, even the major league minumum will soon be over half a million.

Enron

Banned
If the Mets decide to pursue a free agent catcher, Miguel Olivo will be at the top of their list of targets, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com.

Miguel Olivo!!!!!!!!

Martin Perez would almost certainly be gone in that deal as well. But that's fine. I'd also be OK with that.

Top Bottom