• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

0CuDP.jpg

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/braves-pick-up-2014-option-on-fredi-gonzalez.html

He's just holding the fort down until Chipper decides to manage.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
rv1Is.jpg

Joe Maddon should sue Clint Hurdle for gimmick infringement.

Joe Pesci?

The deal is for one year and is expected to be worth less than $1MM, according to Greg Johns of MLB.com.

Welcome Jason Bay. Hope you have SOMETHING left in the tank otherwise go join Figgins somewhere.

Phew.

1 yr? 1mil?

Low risk decent reward signing

I like it

Blackace

What about the word that the Ms are linked to Dee Gordon

I would love it depending on what we need to give up to get him

RBH

The Braves are seeking a pair of bench players, one right-handed hitter and one lefty, says David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Reed Johnson appears to be the team's top target as a righty bat, though he's still exploring his options, according to GM Frank Wren: "We’ve expressed an interest in bringing him back. He’s expressed an interest in coming back. But we’re just not there yet."

Atlanta also continues to explore trades for impact bats, according to O'Brien, who says the Braves are believed to have inquired on Justin Upton, Alex Gordon, Dexter Fowler, and Shin-Soo Choo, among others.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/nl-east-notes-santana-braves-reed-johnson.html

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What about the word that the Ms are linked to Dee Gordon

I would love it depending on what we need to give up to get him

Why?

Dude is terrible. Was one of the worst hitters in all of baseball last season and isn't really a good fielder.

I'd imagine the Dodgers are basically giving him away though so its worth a flier for a team like the Mariners.

Blackace

Why?

Dude is terrible. Was one of the worst hitters in all of baseball last season and isn't really a good fielder.

I'd imagine the Dodgers are basically giving him away though so its worth a flier for a team like the Mariners.

he missed a lot of time for thumb surgery last season didn't he? I think he will be a decent hitter, not great, but ok from here out

he missed a lot of time for thumb surgery last season didn't he? I think he will be a decent hitter, not great, but ok from here out

He was pretty bad even before the injury. No power and can't get on base for shit. Speedy as fuck though, but I doubt he becomes any sort of full time producer. Just not very good with the bat and raw defensively. I hope the M's don't give up much if they do get him.

Blackace

He was pretty bad even before the injury. No power and can't get on base for shit. Speedy as fuck though, but I doubt he becomes any sort of full time producer. Just not very good with the bat and raw defensively. I hope the M's don't give up much if they do get him.

He looked decent in 2011 with the bat, but bad in 2012

Love his speed and while not great on D, I like his range on D at SS..

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I smell a lockout in baseball's future with all these ridiculous contracts.
The TV contracts are absurd. The disparity between the teams with big TV deals and those with smaller deals is just going to grow. The bullshit in the new CBA that limits what teams can do in the draft/international free agency is just another thing that fucks smaller teams. It's pretty shitty.

Seguin

Banned
The TV contracts are absurd. The disparity between the teams with big TV deals and those with smaller deals is just going to grow. The bullshit in the new CBA that limits what teams can do in the draft/international free agency is just another thing that fucks smaller teams. It's pretty shitty.

cry more small market chump

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
our only hope is MLB.TV which is owned by all 30 clubs. If the majority of baseball viewers start using that then there might be some parity in baseball.

harSon

Banned

Yeah, it cost us Appel. Fuck that kid, and his douche cunt agent Boras.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken_Rosenthal
Sources tell me and @jonmorosi that #Royals may be at critical stage in decision on whether to trade Myers for an SP such as #Rays’ Shields.

do itttttt

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Brendan Ruan is arguably the best defensive SS in baseball. That gives him more value than Dee Gordon.
sometimes I wish I could see the absolute best defensive players play the game. Sadly the best are always stuck in the minors because they can't hit for shit.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
sometimes I wish I could see the absolute best defensive players play the game. Sadly the best are always stuck in the minors because they can't hit for shit.
Gold Glove Shortstop and Yankee Great Derek Jeter is on national TV all the time!

Top Bottom