• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

bozeman

Except for the time he tried to get into a fist fight with Justin Morneau in the locker room (and Morneau ducked so he punched Nick Punto). And except for the time he insinuated in the media that other players were faking their injuries on the team. And except for his entire last season in Minnesota where he discussed just how badly he wanted to play in basically every city in the AL. And except for him trying to say the team was "scared" to play the Yankees in the playoffs after he left (which is high comedy since his idiotic dive that lead to an inside the park homer in game one of the ALDS pretty much sunk the series for the team).

Hunter is a world class fuckhead who does it all with a big smile on his face. I'm glad the guy is no longer with the Twins. I'm disappointed I'll have to listen to the announcers was his balls 36 times the next two years when the Twins play the Tigers.

I was working at a radio station in Winona, MN when the Twins Winter Caravan came through town. They stopped by the station to do a press conference and cut some promos before heading to the dinner. Torii was there (this was right before his and the Twins breakout season, they were talking about contracting the team not too long before this). He was a pretty alright guy. Even offered to give me his autograph since nobody was asking. I was too busy telling Kirby Puckett that he broke a 10-year-old Cardinals fan's heart when the Twins beat the Cards in the World Series.

LaTroy Hawkins was the best. He wanted me and a couple other station employees to take him bar hopping after the dinner. Spent the night drinking tequila shots he kept buying.

jman2050

Trading Ellsbury is the smart thing to do. 2011 was a complete fluke and you need to unload him before other GMs catch wind of it.

Maxim726X

I don't believe either of those things would/should be necessary.

Why would the Mets make that trade? This year is meaningless, so unless the Mets sign him to an extension there is no point to that deal. And Ellsbury has only had one great season, it would take more than that to land Dickey.

Sanjuro

Why would the Mets make that trade? This year is meaningless, so unless the Mets sign him to an extension there is no point to that deal. And Ellsbury has only had one great season, it would take more than that to land Dickey.

Because they are the Mest? Who knows.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Trading Ellsbury is the smart thing to do. 2011 was a complete fluke and you need to unload him before other GMs catch wind of it.

2009, 2011, so he is due for another monster in 2013

newjeruse

Carlos Gomez is a .330 OBP away from being a 50 million dollar player. Dude is going into FA after his age 27 season? Hopefully he appreciates the Mets for bringing him up 3 years before he was ready.

jbug617

Banned
so address it next off season?

next offseason he will be a free agent. The best time to deal him was last year but I think the options are open to deal him by the trade deadline

Gordon Edes seems to think the Red Sox would be interested in Cliff Lee and would probably trade Ellsbury and prospects to do it.

edit: Yuniel Escobar close to being traded to Tampa for a prospect.

Deal done. Escobar to the Rays. If the Marlins now trade Ricky Nolasco and his $11.5 million '13 salary, their 2013 payroll pre-arbitration would become less than $20 million.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Giants and Marco Scutaro have agreed to a 3-year, $20 million deal.

Zz3Q5.gif

aFIGurANT

And with that the Yankees/Cardinals don't get to make him their whipping boy or whatever. Like no one will whip him into shape now I bet and that's too bad.

Top Bottom