• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Angels need starting pitching. They won't get near the playoffs without it.

This is such short sighted thinking.

You win baseball games by scoring more runs than your opponents. Hamilton is a huge, huge addition.

Rangers offseason has been a total trainwreck. Unfathomable how awful it has gone.

Carlbeego

Anaheim and Dodgers are trying to out do each other by throwing money all over the place.

Giants and Rangers will win their Divisions.

Friggz

angels are making big moves, but they arent addressing their issue of depth which is what kind of killed them last year. When hamilton inevitably hits the DL at some point next summer, who are they going to use to replace him? WHen weaver goes down, who is going to pick up the slack? Angels are screwed big time. This is going to be just as bad as the Howard contract.

Buster_ESPN
As Ichiro signs with the Yankees, he'll be turning down a two-year, $14 million offer from the Phillies.

wat lol

Thank you thank you thank you Yankees. I want the Phils to make a move but I dont think Ichiro helps them at all. Sucks so much that the Angles made the offer to Hamilton that the Phillies should have made.

Malo

Banned
angels are making big moves, but they arent addressing their issue of depth which is what kind of killed them last year. When hamilton inevitably hits the DL at some point next summer, who are they going to use to replace him? WHen weaver goes down, who is going to pick up the slack? Angels are screwed big time. This is going to be just as bad as the Howard contract.
Allstar Vernon Wells is still on the team.

Friggz

Rangers might be better off signing swisher and bourn for the outfield anyway.

Hamilton hit 257/329/515 with 29HR and 141K in 456AB after his 4 homer game last year.
This contract has nightmare written all over it.

I'm still sad we couldn't get Greinke, not so sad about Josh though. Not sure what the Rangers are going to do to save their offseason but they need to find another pitcher somehow.

Zep

Banned
Thank you thank you thank you Yankees. I want the Phils to make a move but I dont think Ichiro helps them at all. Sucks so much that the Angles made the offer to Hamilton that the Phillies should have made.

That's alright, the Phils got Papelbonz. All aboard the swish-a-licous train.

JABEE

Now the Phillies can go overpay some shitty journeyman outfielder that all the beat writers will talk up in spring training only to have them suck and decline before our eyes. Terrible offseason so far. Amaro hasn't done anything to add power to the lineup and the Phillies still have no set-up man.

If the Phillies sign Cody Ross, this off season will be an unmitigated disaster.

JABEE

Anyone who though Hamilton or his agent would let the Rangers match is a fool. No team is going to leave that offer on the table for Hamilton to wave around. You have to bite on that.

I dont understand why teams continue trying to spend gazillions on sluggers when its pitching that will win. Waste money on Pujols and now Hamilton. Good job, Good effort Anaheim of California near Los Angeles Angels.

Zep

Banned
No, just no. At this point if a trade cant be made, and I dont see how one could, you just have to ride with what you have and hope for a miracle.

The Braves and Nats are the best teams in the division right now, with the Phils a distant third. We need HR power and outside of a miracle trade, Swisher needs to be signed. With him(and Adams) they should be in the hunt for a WC spot.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Are you implying that throwing $125 million at Hamilton would launch us into the playoffs?

Of course not. But what exactly are you enjoying about this offseason though?

Mariners have had 3 straight years of a team OBP under .300. Literally 3 of the worst years in the history of baseball for any team offensively. They've done literally nothing to upgrade their team. They signed Jason Bay of all people.

Top Bottom