• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
yep this is from rotoworld:
Michael Pineda had his surgically-repaired shoulder examined by a doctor Monday and was cleared to continue his throwing program.Pineda is only playing catch on flat ground to this point, but it appears that progress is being made. That said, the Yankees have been careful to keep expectations for him low, saying they're not counting on him making a significant contribution in 2013. He likely won't be ready to return until midseason, at the earliest. Nov 12 - 11:30 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/mlb/5593/michael-pineda
also I didn't realize (or forgot) that it was a shoulder issue and not a elbow issue. yikes. those are always 50/50 in terms of coming back at their previous level of performance.

yep this is from rotoworld:

also I didn't realize (or forgot) that it was a shoulder issue and not a elbow issue. yikes. those are always 50/50 in terms of coming back at their previous level of performance.

Yeah. Look at how shitty Tommy Hanson got after his shoulder problems.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
God damn it Mz do something... shit at this point I'd be happy for a bad move..

Macattk15

M's ain't gonna sign shit ... I can tell.

Either that or we're just gonna end up with fucking Bourn and I don't fucking want him.

And do you "M's fans" really think Montero isn't going to be awesome some day?

Malo

Banned

Either that or we're just gonna end up with fucking Bourn and I don't fucking want him.

I'd be surprised if he's terrible again next season.

The Red Sox are sending $11.7 million to the Dodgers to cover Adrian Gonzalez. Gonzalez will account for $3.9 million of the Red Sox payroll in 2013, 2014, and 2015.

rando14

You can hardly blame an M's fan for being jaded, especially after years of legendarily bad offense.

harSon

Banned
We did.. we paid 17 million for a average catcher

Better than one that lets 90+% of all runners to steal a base, plus the market was pretty shit for Catchers this off-season. We're probably not going to make a move with all of these dipshit teams inflating the cost of players :/

jakncoke

Banned
Better than one that lets 90+% of all runners to steal a base, plus the market was pretty shit for Catchers this off-season. We're probably not going to make a move with all of these dipshit teams inflating the cost of players :/

We'll wait till everyone picked the FA clean then hand out a couple 7 million a year deals to people that shouldnt even be in the minors!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

He would have great value as a catcher... But I think his bat will come to life soon here

and just because someone thinks he might not pan out is no reason to try to call out their fan status...

bluemax

Banned
The problem is Montero is so bad at catcher defense that even if you somehow got him to work on it and improve, by that point Zunino will be ready and you'd have wasted a year or two for nothing.

Montero's offensive ceiling is basically like post Dodgers Adrian Beltre, which is great for a guy who plays all world defense at third base but not that great for a guy with no position. Not too mention it'll probably take him just as many years to reach that level of offensive production, which again means more wasted time.

Malo

Banned
The problem is Montero is so bad at catcher defense that even if you somehow got him to work on it and improve, by that point Zunino will be ready and you'd have wasted a year or two for nothing.

Montero's offensive ceiling is basically like post Dodgers Adrian Beltre, which is great for a guy who plays all world defense at third base but not that great for a guy with no position. Not too mention it'll probably take him just as many years to reach that level of offensive production, which again means more wasted time.
Move him to 1st if Smoak becomes terrible again.

Do we know at all what the new dimensions will be in the outfield at Safeco? Because the organization is planning on moving the outfield in a bit more; do we know how much they plan on moving?

Do we know at all what the new dimensions will be in the outfield at Safeco? Because the organization is planning on moving the outfield in a bit more; do we know how much they plan on moving?

safecofences.jpg

JABEE

Ichiro wanted to stay with the Yankees. He was just using the Phillies to get the Yankees to pay up. Bring in Josh Hamilton now! The outfield as it stands right now is awful.

Jon

Holy crap, Amaro trying to out-do his trolling. Dom Brown for Alfonso Soriano, or 14 million for a 39 year-old Ichiro.

Next should be a 4 year, 44 million dollar offer to Brian Wilson.

Top Bottom