• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

BLUE JAYS WORLD SERIES 2013

YCfqe.gif

Isn't D'Arnaud basically like Buster Posey 2.0? BlueJays would be stupid to trade him for 2 years of a 38 year old knuckleballer, especially one that will be going from the NL to the AL East.

Isn't D'Arnaud basically like Buster Posey 2.0? BlueJays would be stupid to trade him for 2 years of a 38 year old knuckleballer, especially one that will be going from the NL to the AL East.
I can see the logic of going for it while the two AL East behemoths are in a weakened state. If the Blue Jays keep holding on to their prospects, NY and BOS could very well right their metaphorical ships by the time those prospects come up. I'm not a fan of throwing all the chips down for the chance of short term success but they may never get another opportunity where the Yankees and Red Sox are both on the downswing.
gonna lol when the Rays or O's win the division

eznark

Banned
I don't give a shit who they get, what a fucking embarrassing franchise. Cue Sandy talking about winning/competing soon, hahahaha.

What? This is a fucking steal. Not only is he one of the best prospects in baseball, he is a 23 year old catcher who can come in and play right now (2,000 minor league PA's) AND he was a Phillies draft pick!

Multiple sources saying it's D'Arnaud. However Jays are trying to get Niese in the deal. If it's only Dickey fantastic deal for the Mets.
What? This is a fucking steal. Not only is he one of the best prospects in baseball, he is a 23 year old catcher who can come in and play right now (2,000 minor league PA's) AND he was a Phillies draft pick!
Can't you let LJ11 be pessimistic for once?

Seriously. Jack Z needs to fucking start shopping King Felix hard already considering the kinds of prospects being thrown around for guys like Shields and Dickey.

kingocfs

Multiple sources saying it's D'Arnaud. However Jays are trying to get Niese in the deal. If it's only Dickey fantastic deal for the Mets.

Can't you let LJ11 be pessimistic for once?

Where did you read about Niese? If anything, I'd think they're trying to iron out an extension before making a deal.

JABEE

At least the Phillies traded him for Halladay. In retrospect, the Phillies should have moved Dom Brown in the Halladay trade, and kept Cliff Lee for the 2010 season.

Link

The Autumn Wind
A better question is "is Dickey all they are giving up"
Right, but that's already being brought up. I'd rather the Mets not give up Niese. With Dickey gone too, starting pitching would be way too thin, especially with Johan still being a question mark.

eznark

Banned
If it's seriously Dickey for D'Arnaud I think the deal is much more worthy of the commissioner stepping and saving the Blue Jays from themselves than the shit the Marlins pulled.

JABEE

If it's seriously Dickey for D'Arnaud I think the deal is much more worthy of the commissioner stepping and saving the Blue Jays from themselves than the shit the Marlins pulled.
A 38-year old knuckleballer coming off a career year and needing an extension shouldn't get you one of the best prospects in baseball?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just don't see it happening. I don't think AA would give away that much for potentially just one year of Dickey.

There is no one on the Mets that I wouldn't trade for D'Arnaud. I don't think there is even any 2 players.
My gut feeling is that it's Dickey and a B prospect (Familia/Flores/Fullmer). No way Mets give up Harvey or Wheeler. And really, too many people who are not NY guys are saying D'Arnaud is going. Just a matter of who.

Fenix

Dickey + Davis for D'Arnaud, Gose and Lind.

Ouch.

But hey Lind's gone.

Edit: Lott (and consequently me) got fooled.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd be on board with Niese for d'Arnaud, so long as the Mets get an extension done with Dickey.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So you give up the young lefty with 17-20 win potential for a 38-year old righty knuckleballer with maybe 5 years left in him?

Am I in Bizarro World?
I say that with the thought that the Jays wouldn't give up d'Arnaud for Dickey. Obviously I'd give up Dickey before Niese.

I say that with the thought that the Jays wouldn't give up d'Arnaud for Dickey. Obviously I'd give up Dickey before Niese.
No, obviously I'd push Dickey but I think D'Arnaud is worth Niese, easily.
I would think the Mets deal Flores, he's blocked at 3rd and 1st. Second base... yeah, not happening.

Dickey/Flores for D'Arnaud. Make it happen, Sandy. You worked a miracle getting Wheeler!

MC Safety

Whoever the Mets get, I expect their fleecing will be great.

Also, do people consider Niese a better pitcher than Dickey? Or is it just the age thing?

Fenix

Whoever the Mets get, I expect their fleecing will be great.

Also, do people consider Niese a better pitcher than Dickey? Or is it just the age thing?
Niese is pretty damn good and quite younger. Also more years of control so his value should be higher.

It looks like the Mets have a good offer from the Blue Jays, Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog reports (on Twitter). The Mets still appear to be talking to the Angels and Orioles.
I think they're trying to drive up the price. That to me means no D'Arnaud, right?

If anything the Mets should trade a younger pitcher. Mets are stocked with RHP down for in the system. Flores can go too. Gose and D'Arnaud would be nice for this team. BA ranked top 10 prospects. Only 3 position players made it.

Top Bottom