• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Sanjuro

I just noticed that Torii Hunter was actually a better player last year than Hamilton was according to both Fangraphs and Baseball-Reference.

This does not mean that Torii was a better sign, just that the Angels aren't likely to see improvement year over year from the position. 2013 Josh Hamilton is unlikely to be better than 2012 Torii Hunter was.

Hunter is an old piece of shit, but I was saying this earlier on and was laughed at. The guy can still produce. I do think he is the type that is still going to want to play in the field every day though.

I just noticed that Torii Hunter was actually a better player last year than Hamilton was according to both Fangraphs and Baseball-Reference.

Is Hamilton really that bad of a fielder? Fangraphs has him at -12.6 and Hunter as +10.4. Hamilton's wOBA is better, it's just that fielding score that's killing his WAR.

cashman

Banned
He spent a lot of time at centerfield last year. He should put up better defensive numbers when he's playing a corner position.

Branduil

Is Hamilton really that bad of a fielder? Fangraphs has him at -12.6 and Hunter as +10.4. Hamilton's wOBA is better, it's just that fielding score that's killing his WAR.

iFWPSNWo6is0x.gif

He only cost the Rangers the division, that's all.

Fenix

@Joelsherman1: ""Heard Dickey will not do extension with #bluejays which could be what is slowing talks with Tor #Mets"

Interesting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dickey is giving the Mets the biggest fucking hometown discount ever.

Why the hell would he do the same thing for any other team?

Mets want to treat him like he's worth Joe Blanton money while trying to trade him like he's Zack Greinke.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ehh trumbo? If he ever learned to take a walk he would be godly but i wouldn't be willing to trade for him and wait for him to do that considering he has never shown any patience in the minors or majors. He is basically a francouer with power, which is valuable but the angels would probably ask far too much for him and he is almost arb eligible, and those arbitration panels love HRs.

Also the angels would probably only want pitching that could help them this year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MartinoNYDN
Really believe Toronto is strong frontrunner, but can report Texas has indicated will trade Olt and RHP Cody Buckel for Dickey.

he ain't gonna end up in toronto brahs.

clemenx

Banned
Good, I don't want Arencibia. He wouldn't be that good in our ballpark. I know we have actual shit at catcher but would rather another prospect..

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
If the mets are looking for a great package why would they trade dickey? His last name is dickey after all. Unless there is someone out there with the last name Cockmaster then i doubt the mets will get a upgrade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As I've stated before: There better be an extension!

Why? It's highway robbery for the Jays either way.

I can't think of a player more overrated in all of baseball than Arencibia.

27 year old with a career .275 OBP. Was also top 3 in MLB in passed balls in the last 2 years and allowed 87 stolen bases even though he only started 91 games.

Dude is a fucking scrub.

Fenix

with that package, you can bet you your bottom dollar that there will be an extension. if you know what I mean.

Dick jokes!

Why? It's highway robbery for the Jays either way.

I can't think of a player more overrated in all of baseball than Arencibia.

27 year old with a career .275 OBP. Was also top 3 in MLB in passed balls in the last 2 years and allowed 87 stolen bases even though he only started 91 games.

Dude is a fucking scrub.

Best catcher available on the trade market, 1.4 rWAR in 102 games last year & 4 more years of control. Not that I'm incredibly enamoured with JP, it's just that there is a decent amount of value there, cause you know, in general, catcher are kinda awful.

Plus the 6 years of control you're getting for the club's #2 prospect. All for one year of Dickey? That's hefty.

I honestly cant see AA giving up both for a 1 year rental, it just doesnt make sense with every move they have made. Unless he is thinking you bring him here, treat him to some Canadian hospitality and he falls in love to the tune of 2y/26 million during the year... but with Johnson almost guaranteed to not come back next year without a massive payday, you are right back at square one next year.

LJ11

I don't give a shit who they get, what a fucking embarrassing franchise. Cue Sandy talking about winning/competing soon, hahahaha.

Top Bottom