• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Or they're trying to drive the Jays' price down in terms of who else they'd have to give up with Dickey.
I know that it was refuted, but if you look at the Mets' system it's stocked with righty pitching. I would give up Dickey/Flores or Dickey/one of the good young arms not named Harvey or Wheeler (Mazzoni/Tapia/Mateo) in a second for D'Arnaud. Only thing I worry about D'Arnaud is his BB/SO ratio.

I do NOT want Arencibia, unless Gose and another good prospect accompany him. Arencibia's defense is so... bleh.

Again, Sandy held out for Wheeler and I'm sure he's getting input from J.P. Riccardi. I trust Sandy to do the right thing.

Fenix

I know that it was refuted, but if you look at the Mets' system it's stocked with righty pitching. I would give up Dickey/Flores or Dickey/one of the good young arms not named Harvey or Wheeler (Mazzoni/Tapia/Mateo) in a second for D'Arnaud. Only thing I worry about D'Arnaud is his BB/SO ratio.

I do NOT want Arencibia, unless Gose and another good prospect accompany him. Arencibia's defense is so... bleh.

Again, Sandy heal out for Wheeler and I'm sure he's getting input from J.P. Riccardi. I trust Sandy to do the right thing.
I think it's harder to judge K/BB ratio at Vegas, since the hitting environment is so good hitters might be encouraging themselves to swing more.

Jon

Report out of Texas is that the Phillies signed Mike Adams to a 3 year/18 million dollar deal. Seems one year too long to me, but he will be a nice fit for the bullpen.

Cashman/Enron, any scouting? I mean, I've seen a little of him, but not exactly a ton.

Report out of Texas is that the Phillies signed Mike Adams to a 3 year/18 million dollar deal. Seems one year too long to me, but he will be a nice fit for the bullpen.

Cashman/Enron, any scouting? I mean, I've seen a little of him, but not exactly a ton.

That is a good move for them. Still pissed they didnt get Hamilton though. They should have outbid the Angels for sure.

Fenix

Yeah, if D'Arnaud is involved, it's big-ish. Though looking at the Mets depth chart.... oi.

You guys have any Lefty-mashers on the roster?

cashman

Banned
Adams was pretty good last year before his TOS troubles started. Pretty good deal for the phillies if he can still be as effective as he was in San Diego and Texas.

Fenix

Jays better win in the next year or two, that system is becoming pretty drained.
This is what farm systems are for. System will still be decent, and it's gonna get the 10th pick this year.

Edit: I woke up 2 hours ago and wondered why the deal wasn't done yet, then I priced it was 4:30. SIGH. Can we get this over with now?

Attention Indians Fan(s)!!!!!!!!!

Fresh off signing respective league leaders Mark Reynolds and Drew Stubbs the Wahoos are said to be attempting to coax Rob Deer and Reggie Sanders out of retirment.

In other news the team plans to build a windmill in centerfield. "If our calculations are correct, our windmill should be able fo light up Euclid on a summer night" said Mark Shapiro.

sigh....

clemenx

Banned
We're probably giving Flores and Familia/Mejia if those 2 are not involved. Maybe someone like Den Dekker? If we're getting Gose.

Sucks that there's not any indication of the players involved. I'm probably just saying stupid shit.

Fenix

Davis is probably the most likely name, but I don't care much for him. He did have a good season hitting behind me in my rookie RTTS campaign though.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I like Niese... A lot, actually. But he isn't irreplaceable. Plug in Lannan if need be.

Niese isn't valuable enough to hold up this deal, if it includes both Gose and D'Arnaud.
It's not that he isn't replaceable, I just don't think it's wise to trade away 2/5 of your starting rotation, especially with Johan still being a question mark. Not to mention Niese's talent is easily well worth the contract we have him signed to.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Again, depending on who else the Mets are parting with, I'm loving this deal. I really like Dickey, and wanted the Mets to get an extension done, but d'Arnaud and Gose are great pieces that the Mets need.

Brinbe

I'm okay with this.

Yeah, if this goes through, we'll have an insane rotation. Romero would be our #5 FFS! Will definitely be down at the dome quite a lot.

But really depends on who else is coming back with Dickey. One of Niese/Davis would make me feel a lot better about losing two good, young players in TDA and Gose.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah, if this goes through, we'll have an insane rotation. Romero would be our #5 FFS! Will definitely be down at the dome quite a lot.

But really depends on who else is coming back with Dickey. One of Niese/Davis would make me feel a lot better about losing two good, young players in TDA and Gose.

I was a bit wary last night about giving up D'Arnaud but after sleeping on it if this has to be done so be it. AA stocked our cupboards the last few years to do things like this when the time was right.

Top Bottom