• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

Well I wasn't sure. I went and read the review, the reviewer doesn't compare this years 2013 version to last years at all. So, he may have meant what I thought he meant.

The reviewer spends the entire time comparing it to the ps3 version.

That is weird then. Granted, in the end we want the Vita to rival the PS3 brethren so I can see why.

turnbuckle

That is weird then. Granted, in the end we want the Vita to rival the PS3 brethren so I can see why.

Since I do 99% of my Vita gaming at home lying in bed or on the couch I compare the PS3 and Vita games. Fair or unfair doesn't matter to me, I just want the Vita to come as close to the PS3 version as possible. Sounds like 2013 is marginally better, but I'm holding out until there's a version that is considered great.

Time for Sony to ditch the Vita and come out with a more powerful PSP2. Sales be damned, my body is ready.

Haha...no, sorry...can't comment specifically...but I'm sure anything on the PS4 will be an 11!!

Is that company line enough? :)

Just want to thank you guys for bringing us the best baseball game ever!!! Your work is brilliant and i cant wait to see how it evolves on the ps4.

graywolf323

Since I do 99% of my Vita gaming at home lying in bed or on the couch I compare the PS3 and Vita games. Fair or unfair doesn't matter to me, I just want the Vita to come as close to the PS3 version as possible. Sounds like 2013 is marginally better, but I'm holding out until there's a version that is considered great.

Time for Sony to ditch the Vita and come out with a more powerful PSP2. Sales be damned, my body is ready.

next year they'll compare the Vita version to the PS4 version :(

bjb

Banned
Seems like there's a bunch of alternate uniforms that are simply not accurate. The Braves being one - I'd have to double check the others, but I'm at work.

friz898

After posting somewhere in this thread about not seeing the slowdown, I have now seen it twice in RttS. Grant it both times was a grand slam and there was me, three teammates, opposing catcher, umpire and a stadium full of people all in the picture (and all sprites being zoomed in). ... But I did see it. :)

demolitio

Anyone want to trade their RTTS preorder code for a $75 million Diamond Dynasty code by any chance? I only ask since I don't play Diamond Dynasty mode often.

And to me, this game is one of the better looking 3D games out there as well. It really added to the experience with not as many obvious drawbacks like some other games out there.

Maybe by the time the first PS4 baseball games comes out, the Indians will be able to break the cycle of being shitty and giving away all their players so I can actually compete against my friends who use the Reds. Luckily, my skill meant I won most of the games still, but with the Reds lineup, it only takes a few bad pitches to get behind. I'm so tired of the Indians' front office ever since they traded over half of their starting lineup for practically nothing a few years back.

I notice whenever I do the postseason that the LDS series that has the Wild Card winner is still doing the 2-3 format from 2012. That was only a one-season thing. It goes back to 2-2-1 now.

RdN

Hey guys, all of the sudden my RTTS player (first season) has no training goals. This has gone for months. Anybody knows what's going on?

There's a glitch in the Player Vault. Whenever I skip to the next page, the alphabetation completely fucks out, making it impossible to find anybody without blind luck. What's that about?

I notice whenever I do the postseason that the LDS series that has the Wild Card winner is still doing the 2-3 format from 2012. That was only a one-season thing. It goes back to 2-2-1 now.
Hey guys, all of the sudden my RTTS player (first season) has no training goals. This has gone for months. Anybody knows what's going on?
There's a glitch in the Player Vault. Whenever I skip to the next page, the alphabetation completely fucks out, making it impossible to find anybody without blind luck. What's that about?
Post all those using the bug reporting form located here.

thabiz

Im not sure if this is a bug, or the worst luck in baseball.

I'm pitching against the red sox, and in the first inning, anytime the count would go 2-2 or 3-2, the third strike would be called a ball. this happened 5 TIMES in the same inning. the game would not let me strike anyone out. ball is clearly a strike, even according to the game overlay.

if it was real that ump would be DEAD.

G-Fex

I'm pitching against the red sox, and in the first inning, anytime the count would go 2-2 or 3-2, the third strike would be called a ball. this happened 5 TIMES in the same inning. the game would not let me strike anyone out. ball is clearly a strike, even according to the game overlay.

you know that happened twice I think to me.

It was in the bottom corner of the strike zone yet it came off as a ball.

Arc

Any deals on this yet? I remember the MLB 11 thread showing me a $35 deal at release at Modell's online store.

Supposedly they made the batting easier, but evidently only for my online opponents. Also, is the mercy rule new? Never saw it before. Now I see it all too often.

chualie

Just played a few matches where bottom corners would never get called a strike but high balls would be called a strike. Maybe just a coincidence?

graywolf323

I've struck out 14 batters in a game including some on the bottom corners with called strikes

thabiz

I've struck out 14 batters in a game including some on the bottom corners with called strikes

ive struck out lots of batters all over the plate. it was unique to those pitch counts. i think something might be up with the variable ump setting.

I noticed it straight away from my first game this year. blown strike calls are really high this year. really high.

You guys know you can turn off variable strike zones, yeah? Not seeing any issue with balls and strikes that hasn't been present for years.

Anyway, can someone remind me why there's no minor leaguers in this game? I'd understand if they were amateurs, but minor league guys are professionals under contract with teams and organizations that are in the game. Why do you have to have appeared in the majors to get your real name and likenss into the game?

You guys know you can turn off variable strike zones, yeah? Not seeing any issue with balls and strikes that hasn't been present for years.

Anyway, can someone remind me why there's no minor leaguers in this game? I'd understand if they were amateurs, but minor league guys are professionals under contract with teams and organizations that are in the game. Why do you have to have appeared in the majors to get your real name and likenss into the game?

If you haven't appeared in a Major League game, you cannot join the Major League Baseball Players Association, which means they would have to go to every minor leaguer and set up deals with them independently, which is never going to happen because of the time and money it would take. It's also why Barry Bonds was never in any baseball games; he refused to ever join the MLBPA and asked for too much money to sign his rights away for games. Game publishers make one deal with the MLBPA (and other sports unions) to get all the players in.

Zep

Banned
It's also why Barry Bonds was never in any baseball games; he refused to ever join the MLBPA and asked for too much money to sign his rights away for games. Game publishers make one deal with the MLBPA (and other sports unions) to get all the players in.

Bonds was in all baseball games until 2004/2005, or around that time.

So I caved and picked it up, my opening experience?

Michael Cuddyer coming up to bat (Rockies), at my Brewers, and Vasgersian saying "and Cuddyer walking up to the plate to a warm welcome after all the years he spent in Minneapolis"

bjb

Banned
Is there any way I can get the roster update to prompt for me without having to have an online access code?

I'm currently using a redbox copy to check it out.

Playing RttS as a pitcher on both ps3 and Vita and my experiences couldn't be more different. I'm don't mean tech wise, I mean gameplay. When I play on the ps3 I look like I'm ready to make the leap to AAA (or possibly even the majors) but when I play on the Vita I'm like a A ball pitcher.

It's probably just coincidence (or perhaps when I play on Vita I'm more likely to be distracted by my surroundings) but it makes me not want to play the Vita version.

phierce

The series has been fantastic year in and year out and '13 is no different. I've been playing the hell out of it and absolutely love it.

However, there is one small thing that bothers me, and honestly, it's so minor it shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Why in the hell are the loading screens (player pictures and Did You Know? facts) so damn repetitive? I've played through several RtTS years with a pitcher and position player, as well as various other games/modes, and I've only seen 7 different player shots (CC, Miggy, Posey and Braun/McCutchen have 2 each). Not to mention there's only about 6-8 Did You Know? facts on a steady loop.

With everything else this game does so right, and with all the star players and baseball knowledge/history at our disposal, why is this the way it is?

3Sixty

Decided to buy off PSN and instantly remembered why i never buy stuff off PSN.

May get a chance to play by the end of next week.

MickeyPhree

I just bought it off psn about 30 minutes ago..the main game is at 22% done.

I usually get good speeds off psn, guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

With zone hitting, im having a hard time getting my PCI to go anywhere. On a fastball on the corners, I have to first move the stick where I want it to go and then swing. With a fastball, im usually swinging before the game can move the PCI and it usually stays in the middle. Seems like past versions the PCI would move while you were swinging. Any tips?

Dawg

I'm probably getting the PSN version soonish. Could anyone tell me the DL size so I know what I'm in for?

Yarg. I still don't have it. I've bought it every year on day one since... 09 maybe? I'm really jonesing. Is the PS3/Vita deal for $80 on Amazon and BB over now?

augmental

Hitting is a lot easier for me. I am very happy thus far with this version. Apparently the online is a lot smoother too right? I need to try that out next.

G-Fex

Either tomorrow or wednesday I go back to this and I'll probably try RttS. Though I have wanted to try Franchise mode since this guy on twitch was going through franchise mode with the Braves. It looked interesting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
any word on the Team-Specific Player Valuations? Just wonder if there is a list some where..

friz898

any word on the Team-Specific Player Valuations? Just wonder if there is a list some where..

I don't have the time to go searching for it, but I am pretty sure a person posted all of this stuff, every single one in an earlier thread. I think it pops up in one of the 3-4 MLB '13 threads when you do a global search.

I hope this helps and that I am remembering correctly, I didnt want to post unless sure, but nobody else answered and like I said, I don't have time to double check right now.

Made it to the Majors in RTTS and I'm struggling quite a bit after being a .300+ hitter in the minors. That sense of scale and speed that the majors has over the minors is really noticeable and has had an impact on my level of play.

ElNino

Made it to the Majors in RTTS and I'm struggling quite a bit after being a .300+ hitter in the minors. That sense of scale and speed that the majors has over the minors is really noticeable and has had an impact on my level of play.
I've found the same even going from AA to AAA. In AA I was hitting over .400 and slugging around 1.000 but when I got called up to AAA things got way more difficult. The pitch speeds, location and variety is much greater than it was in AA, where I more or less was fed meatballs.

After 10 games of AAA I'm barely hitting .250 and no HRs yet. On the bright side, since I'm hitting more singles (and walks) than I was in AA I have had more opportunites to steal bases.

Top Bottom