• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

abrack08

Playing an exhibition on Beginner mode just to see what it was like (and to get the trophy). Scored 10 runs in the first inning. Struck out the side as the pitcher. Kinda fun to kick so much ass.

Has anybody tried The Show Live? Bout to try it a few once I get back home.

I don't think you can really use it the way it's meant to be used at the moment. It's schedule starts on Opening Night but the rosters obviously don't reflect the games that will be played that day.

It's only really accurate once the rosters have been updated on MLB.com and updated in The Show for that day.

friz898

Anyway to change the camera once you have hit the ball in RttS? I hate not really being able to see where the ball goes as I am basically attached to my hitter at the waist while he runs to first.

Anybody else getting a wierd glitch when your batting where the game like hiccups i.e stops for a split second. It always comes out of the blue and it's throwing my at bats away.

I don't think you can really use it the way it's meant to be used at the moment. It's schedule starts on Opening Night but the rosters obviously don't reflect the games that will be played that day.

It's only really accurate once the rosters have been updated on MLB.com and updated in The Show for that day.
O i tthought they had 2012 season for now.

abrack08

Anyway to change the camera once you have hit the ball in RttS? I hate not really being able to see where the ball goes as I am basically attached to my hitter at the waist while he runs to first.

Hold L2 while baserunning to see the broadcast cam, R1 to have the camera still on your player but point towards the ball, L1 to look at the 3B coach.

friz898

Thanks. I am on Vita but I just learned you can use r1 or L1 and also the right analog stick will look around too while you are running.

Saw other people ask this the official forums so I am not sure that everybody has realized this.

Thanks. I am on Vita but I just learned you can use r1 or L1 and also the right analog stick will look around too while you are running.

Saw other people ask this the official forums so I am not sure that everybody has realized this.

Thanks. I was just about to ask this.

FrankWza

damn i want to get this but i want a deal on the ps3 and vita bundle. if anyone spots a deal please post it in here. thanks.

G-Fex

I got to go out tomorrow and search for it on the Vita.

I wonder how long I'll be on beginner before I can switch over to normal.

I wish the EU store had a digital bundle with both versions of the game, but I guess I should just be happy we got them at all, haha.

Are the RTTS improvements worth it?

NHale

This was the first year I didn't preordered The Show since MLB 08. Now SCEE puts both versions on the PSN Store and I feel compelled to buy both to show SCEE that there are is interest in baseball games on the store and they should release all "previous" NTSC-only games this way.

So weird to feel that I'm leaning to buy a product more to prove a point than my personal enjoyment.

For some reason I can't download my RTTS cloud save to me PS3. It uploads fine from my Vita, and my PS3 acknowledges it exists when I choose load from cloud as an option when loading my RTTS, but it just sits at the downloading screen. Also, I was able to upload a franchise mode cloud save from my PS3 so I know that it is at least working in one direction.

While on the base paths, You can press

R1 to follow the ball

L1 to Look at the 3rd base coach to get base instruction

To not over run a base runner watch the base running diamond and the change of color on the base and base path to see which base your teammate is running to.

eznark

Banned
False alarm. My wife has her MBA set to auto-download updates and for some reason that thing takes absolute priority over bandwidth. Once I threw that into the fireplace I played a smooth-as-silk online game.

Just so you guys know, we are looking for new blood in the Community MLB Thread (currently in its Offseason incarnation) located here. Announce your allegiance in your first post and a baseball anecdote or two so we may mock you relentlessly and call you a LIFELONG welcome you with open arms!

damn i want to get this but i want a deal on the ps3 and vita bundle. if anyone spots a deal please post it in here. thanks.

DD is the way to go. For every $50 you spend you get 10$ back, so essentially you if you buy both you are right at $100 getting you both games for $80.

I get PSN connection drops at random so I'm hesitant to play games online. Maybe I should try and give my PS3 a static IP.

Played an online game yesterday it was smooth. One or two hiccups, dats it. Hit like 5 hrs, i guess gm was on veteran since i played Online Exhibition.

eznark

Banned
Just so you guys know, we are looking for new blood in the Community MLB Thread (currently in its Offseason incarnation) located here. Announce your allegiance in your first post and a baseball anecdote or two so we may mock you relentlessly and call you a LIFELONG welcome you with open arms!

No St. Louis fans

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Really want to play The Show portably. Should I drop the $40 for 13 or is 12 good enough?

Wondering the same thing! Have never even tried MLB The Show, but feel like now's the time! Dunno about 12 or 13 though.

squall211

Can someone tell me how to get the guess pitch feature to work like last year's, where if you guessed the correct pitch but not the zone, the hitting zone would flash red, and if you guessed both correctly, both the zone and the hitting box would flash?

Can someone tell me how to get the guess pitch feature to work like last year's, where if you guessed the correct pitch but not the zone, the hitting zone would flash red, and if you guessed both correctly, both the zone and the hitting box would flash?

I noticed last night that the default setting would only give you feedback if you guessed the pitch and location correct. Didn't play around with the settings, but I am curious how to set it like years past as well.

Guess Pitch, has changed substantially, for the better. Because online guys lived and died by the guess pitch feature, simply because as humans we pitch Fastball low in the zone and most would guess this and be right and just sit on that pitch and bang.

It now works like this, if you only guess pitch type and get it right, the ball will flash red about halfway to the plate.

If you only guess location the zone will flash red once again when the ball is about halfway to the plate.

If you guess pitch type and location and you guess right it will act like guess pitch of old, you will get visual and vibration feedback

If you guess pitch type and location and you guess wrong you will get no feedback

If you guess pitch type and location and you get one right and the other one wrong, no feedback.

There is a plus minus penalty for right and wrong, based on Plate vision

Guess Pitch, has changed substantially, for the better. Because online guys lived and died by the guess pitch feature, simply because as humans we pitch Fastball low in the zone and most would guess this and be right and just sit on that pitch and bang.

It now works like this, if you only guess pitch type and get it right, the ball will flash red about halfway to the plate.

If you only guess location the zone will flash red once again when the ball is about halfway to the plate.

If you guess pitch type and location and you guess right it will act like guess pitch of old, you will get visual and vibration feedback

If you guess pitch type and location and you guess wrong you will get no feedback

If you guess pitch type and location and you get one right and the other one wrong, no feedback.

Would you happen to know if it works the same way on Vita? Minus the vibration feedback of guessing type and location right of course.

squall211

I guess in the long run that's better, but shit that's going to take some time for me to get used to.

The situation is this...

One PS3

One Online Pass with MLB 13 The Show

Two PSN accounts

...can both accounts have full online functionality (roster updates, player / roster downloads, online play, etc) on the same PS3 with just one Online Pass?

Im playing RTTS and im loving it. I currently have like a 514 batting average in spring training and am first place in hits, runs, etcc.... I haven't play "The Show" since 10 so alot of things are different. I had to get use to the red flashing ball only on guessing the pitch as in the past there was more hand holding but i actually prefer it this way as it takes more skill to hit.

Ive played a couple of online games and noticed no visible lag and only one or two moments of jutter which is great because " The Show 10" use to give me online issues and had alot of lag.

Can anyone tell me how good using "Move" is with "The Show" Does it feel natural and does it add more to the gameplay in your opinion?

Im playing RTTS and im loving it. I currently have like a 514 batting average in spring training and am first place in hits, runs, etcc.... I haven't play "The Show" since 10 so alot of things are different. I had to get use to the red flashing ball only on guessing the pitch as in the past there was more hand holding but i actually prefer it this way as it takes more skill to hit.

Ive played a couple of online games and noticed no visible lag and only one or two moments of jutter which is great because " The Show 10" use to give me online issues and had alot of lag.

Can anyone tell me how good using "Move" is with "The Show" Does it feel natural and does it add more to the gameplay in your opinion?

No opinions?

You want a response to using the Move on one element of the show in 21 minutes? Just go play it and tell us what you think.

Whoa buddy.....

And yeah i want an opinion whats wrong with that? If you dont have any info no need to respond. From my knowledge i believe the "Move" was implemented in the Show prior to this version so i wanted to know.

Smh ppl on here are really something lol Now i know why ive hheard the things ive heard lol

By the way im at work and cant try it out and havent tried it out because it would cause too much inconvenience as i now game on a projector and the set up isnt optimal for hooking up the move.

Top Bottom