• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

djblue89

Since updating to 1.18 my RTTS save does not work it gives me error 80029208 every time I want to load it up, any help ?

Do I suck for spending 10 bucks to get 12000 points for road to the show?
tumblr_m2aip7E2Hj1qfp32q.gif

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Is the vita version worth getting? I have a ps3 but I got too many games to play on that and I'm just about done my games on the vita.

Not worried about graphics but if load times are good then that's a big plus for me

friz898

Is the vita version worth getting? I have a ps3 but I got too many games to play on that and I'm just about done my games on the vita.

Not worried about graphics but if load times are good then that's a big plus for me

Well for load times, I have nothing to compare it too, but I don't feel like they are bad at all. The only time I ever think "bleh loading" is when I play RttS as a closer because he loads, plays 3 outs (sometimes 1 out, or just 3 pitches!) and then loads again.

lol..but that is an extreme example, the overall loading in the game seems great to me.

eznark

Banned
I'm not sure if load times are really good or if I've just been playing too much Sly on the Vita so all load times seem amazing in comparison.

turnbuckle

Although the patch said it was fixed, several people including myself are experiencing the bug when the game will refuse to resume after trying to substitute a player (whether by using the dpad menu the start menu). First game in a league I'm in and I sub a hitter in the bottom of the 7th....and that was that.

This is the most messed up version of the Show I've ever played. That's saying something :(

zychi

Banned
I feel like the Vita load times are way quicker than the ps3 version. I just leave my vita in sleep mode, and play a few games in RTTS every night on my vita.

alterno69

Banned
Nice, i updated my PS3 version yesterday and the game won't start, it says files are corrupted and i have to erase all the files, problem is i have the digital version so i'll have to download the 20+ gb again which took round 24 hours before.
Fuck

Damn I can't wait to get home Monday April 1st, 2013 and try "The Show Live" I wan't too see this feature and real world stats from that day. More importantly I'm waiting for like Friday too see a weeks worth stats and commentary. I hope this mode is fleshed out becuase this will be my franchise mode. Things they must get right

Rosters, Rosters, Rosters must be accurate and that will be a tireless task. It will be important for MLB.com to be up to date at all times because the transaction report is what going to feed the mode.

Commentary getting Names and or Numbers right.

kingocfs

Nice, i updated my PS3 version yesterday and the game won't start, it says files are corrupted and i have to erase all the files, problem is i have the digital version so i'll have to download the 20+ gb again which took round 24 hours before.
Fuck

It froze my system and gave me a similar message when I went to patch it, but it definitely didn't ask me to erase all of my shit. Sucks.

friz898

Damn I can't wait to get home Monday April 1st, 2013 and try "The Show Live" I wan't too see this feature and real world stats from that day. More importantly I'm waiting for like Friday too see a weeks worth stats and commentary. I hope this mode is fleshed out becuase this will be my franchise mode. Things they must get right

Rosters, Rosters, Rosters must be accurate and that will be a tireless task. It will be important for MLB.com to be up to date at all times because the transaction report is what going to feed the mode.

Commentary getting Names and or Numbers right.

I know man! I'm nervous. I already compared the current Braves Game Roster the Show Live currently has compared to what Fredi Gonzalez is probably actually using and there is already a couple differences, but I'm hoping it's just because they haven't updated it yet!

I know man! I'm nervous. I already compared the current Braves Game Roster the Show Live currently has compared to what Fredi Gonzalez is probably actually using and there is already a couple differences, but I'm hoping it's just because they haven't updated it yet!

The most obvious is the fact there's no Evan Gattis. He can't be put in the game until he's played his first official game. I can forsee that being an issue with The Show Live throughout the season.

eznark

Banned
I'd actually like to petition that we start the league now and don't wait for updated rosters. YunE6 and a 13 man pitching staff is a punishment no man deserves.

Quick

Banned
I feel like the Vita load times are way quicker than the ps3 version. I just leave my vita in sleep mode, and play a few games in RTTS every night on my vita.

I do the same thing. I haven't actually touched the PS3 copy in a couple of weeks because it' just so convenient turning on the Vita and having everything loaded up.

OSFM Rosters 2013
PERCENTAGE COMPLETE - 94.7% (estimated cumulative completion rate...not completed teams)
Yeah, Tuesday/Wednesday I'm picking it up. hooo boy. All that's left is:

White Sox - Info/Ratings/Faces/Stances/Equipment
Mariners - Info/Ratings/Faces/Stances/Equipment
Braves - Faces
Cubs - Info/Ratings/Faces/Stances/Equipment

And I just re-read that bugfixes list on OS Forums. My God Russell, this is why I always wait a month.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/318413252495298561
could be out as soon as tonight per Steve_OS
oh shit

friz898

OSFM Rosters 2013

Yeah, Tuesday/Wednesday I'm picking it up. hooo boy. All that's left is:

White Sox - Info/Ratings/Faces/Stances/Equipment
Mariners - Info/Ratings/Faces/Stances/Equipment
Braves - Faces
Cubs - Info/Ratings/Faces/Stances/Equipment

And I just re-read that bugfixes list on OS Forums. My God Russell, this is why I always wait a month.

This has zero effect on The Show Live mode right? I'm trying to NOT use common sense here since this will be the first year I mess with roster updates. I guess it would be good with RttS? Does it insert/update into my 3 RttS saved games without any problems?

U2NUMB

Havent read the vibe of this thread but I skipped last year and Friday night I rented both 2k on the 360 and The Show 13 via Redbox. Needless to say I bought The Show yesterday and will be buying it for my Vita.

Wow at how much fun I am having. Anyways just wanted to thank Redbox for getting me back into the show.

This has zero effect on The Show Live mode right? I'm trying to NOT use common sense here since this will be the first year I mess with roster updates. I guess it would be good with RttS? Does it insert/update into my 3 RttS saved games without any problems?
It shouldn't have an effect on Live mode. I use one of the OS Full Minors or OS Opening Day set for all my versions (Franchise/RTTS/etc.). And if you're referring to the OSFM ones, you actually have to start a RTTS season with them loaded; sorry. That's another reason I always wait for them to drop.

friz898

It shouldn't have an effect on Live mode. I use one of the OS Full Minors or OS Opening Day set for all my versions (Franchise/RTTS/etc.). And if you're referring to the OSFM ones, you actually have to start a RTTS season with them loaded; sorry. That's another reason I always wait for them to drop.

Well thanks for clearing that up for me.

Just waiting for OSFM and GAF online league and ill be set! Be struggling a bit with hitting moving the analog stick too much. Anyone who ever wants to play an online gm add me: Dmncnby2k8.

They are updating player pictures now with their correct uniforms photoshopped over them if they get moved! The latest roster update had updated pictures.

friz898

They are updating player pictures now with their correct uniforms photoshopped over them if they get moved! The latest roster update had updated pictures.

I really enjoyed this mode last night.

It worked out nearly perfect. Of course the Braves were missing Gattis as was foreseeable and mentioned earlier in this thread, however he didn't play last night so.....

RidinDwnKingsley on Operation Sports said:
Update 4/2

Ok the wait is almost over. I received Atlanta late last night and due to some great OS members we busted that out in record time. Seattle was uploaded late last night as well..

This is where we are at... Final importing/40 man tweaking and some minor details.. Then some more slight testing..(dont wanna release anything until we know the stats will play and sim true)... Then release of V1

Not gonna give an exact time but watch here and my Twitter for updates throughout the night...get your energy drinks ready... Almost there.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...on-sports-full-minors-2013-edition-v-1-a.html
Operation Sports Forums]O.S.:

Okay....finally the time is here!

I just got word from RidinDwnKingsley that he will be finished with the first version for release of the Operation Sports Full Minors:2013 Edition.
It should be available around midnight(or soon after) EST....
It will be available for download by link here on O.S. until we have it ready for the Roster Vault.
In the Roster Vault it will be titled
OSFM:2013 and the PSN name will be either RidinDwnKinsley or Knight165

Thank you everyone for your patience in regards to this year's release.
We had one hitch towards the end....and I(we) are hoping that everything is alright with that one member.

That being said....I have to say that this year's group of editors have put together a tremendous effort with this year's version of the O.S.F.M.

I want to thank each and every member participating on the chart and from the work thread....but there are a couple of guys who I just have to mention went above and beyond with their effort and support.

yanksdaniel99 picked up quite a few teams that were vacant as we got into the process. It was a big help with him setting up those clubs.

Throwback and Willard76 went above and beyond to help out with multiple teams to work on faces(Willard on top of rating 2 teams as well) and especially down the homestretch when it was getting very tight

...and last but CERTAINLY not least.....RidinDwnKingsley who rated multiple teams...as well as doing ALL the exporting and importing of every player for the set AND testing the set for balance.

Thanks to O.S. as well....Steve for allowing us to use the O.S. name in conjunction with the set and the mods who I'm sure dread when this time of year comes around and they have to keep the peace..and keep the threads moving and productive. They do a tremendous job.

Guys....I can't stress enough how I want to thank each and every guy who participates in the process....not just the guys doing the editing(who do a GREAT JOB)...but also they guys who provide input in the multiple threads.
Every year I am more and more impressed at how well this site works together to make this happen.
If you really think about it....it's a truly impressive process.

On that note....I'm going to ask you to think about how much time and effort these guys put in to making this work....and in doing so, deserve a certain amount of civility and respect when commenting on a particular part of the work. All feedback is welcome...as long as you present it in a civil manner.
That's all any of us ask of this.

Again...thank you for you patience and enjoy the O.S.F.M. 2013 Edition!...and

Enjoy The Show!

M.K.
Knight165

3pqejh.jpg

The Show Live has been a disappointment so far. I know it's early, but they don't mention anything about the game previous game in which a player hit a HR or SB. Stat overlays have been non-existent. Rosters are not daily, they are based on weekly rosters so waiting for a Rookie to play to be added to the rosters according to MLBPA he must at least play in one game. So rosters are of free agents and TBDs, and the weather isn't correct. For these things to be pulled and or downloaded directly from MLB.com it is by far the worse feature SCEA SD has ever implemented it is poor.

This is based off of two days of play. I will check it out again on Friday when stats should be a little more populated and projections easily understood.

friz898

The Show Live has been a disappointment so far. I know it's early, but they don't mention anything about the game previous game in which a player hit a HR or SB. Stat overlays have been non-existent. Rosters are not daily, they are based on weekly rosters so waiting for a Rookie to play to be added to the rosters according to MLBPA he must at least play in one game. So rosters are of free agents and TBDs, and the weather isn't correct. For these things to be pulled and or downloaded directly from MLB.com it is by far the worse feature SCEA SD has ever implemented it is poor.

This is based off of two days of play. I will check it out again on Friday when stats should be a little more populated and projections easily understood.

I have not checked today's game yet. But tonight is Braves second game. As long as when I go to play it has the correct lineup, correct starters, and their current states (like freeman havig 1 hr and 3 rbi)...then I'm WAY good. I mean, I wouldn't possibly expect anything more from them than that, especially for a new mode's first year.

And as far as like Evan Gattis, brand new rookie this year for the Braves (in ref to your rookie complaint) as long as they have him in, in a timely fashion, I'm good.

What more do you want? As for weather? That'd be nice but... I mean, the Weather channel can't even get the weather right at my house WHILE it's happening. I wouldn't really expect a combination of MLB.Com and Sony San Diego to somehow implement accurate weather into a game that could possibly be played before the real game has even occurred.

Kccitystar

I have not checked today's game yet. But tonight is Braves second game. As long as when I go to play it has the correct lineup, correct starters, and their current states (like freeman havig 1 hr and 3 rbi)...then I'm WAY good. I mean, I wouldn't possibly expect anything more from them than that, especially for a new mode's first year.

And as far as like Evan Gattis, brand new rookie this year for the Braves (in ref to your rookie complaint) as long as they have him in, in a timely fashion, I'm good.

What more do you want? As for weather? That'd be nice but... I mean, the Weather channel can't even get the weather right at my house WHILE it's happening. I wouldn't really expect a combination of MLB.Com and Sony San Diego to somehow implement accurate weather into a game that could possibly be played before the real game has even occurred.

The thing with rookies is that MLB licensing keeps them from being listed on any merchandise/games until they play their first game in the MLB. All the rookies who have made their MLB debut this week will most likely be on the official SCEA roster next Monday. I would assume until then any positions on the roster where a rookie will play would be labeled TBD.

-Amon-

Hi guys, i'm in grea need of an advice here.

I'm an European with little knowledge of the dynamics of the game, both real and simulated.

I'm playing The Show at normal difficulty for pitching and batting and while having decent performance at pitching ( i've played something like 20 games and the opposing team never managed to score more than 6 points, being 3 the average ) i feel i'm under performing at batting, given the stats of the players i use.

My guess is that i'm having great troubles with the user interface ( i'm using the newest one, full analog, the one where you time the swing using the right analog and use the left analog to position the bat ).

I've learned to be patient and wait for the right pitch but i'm having great troubles to time AND position the swing at the same time and as a result i often eat double plays by the defence :(

Will it come together with more practice ? Should i switch to another batting interface ? Is there a batting interface that is considered the "best one" by the community ?

FrankWza

Hi guys, i'm in grea need of an advice here.

I'm an European with little knowledge of the dynamics of the game, both real and simulated.

I'm playing The Show at normal difficulty for pitching and batting and while having decent performance at pitching ( i've played something like 20 games and the opposing team never managed to score more than 6 points, being 3 the average ) i feel i'm under performing at batting, given the stats of the players i use.

My guess is that i'm having great troubles with the user interface ( i'm using the newest one, full analog, the one where you time the swing using the right analog and use the left analog to position the bat ).

I've learned to be patient and wait for the right pitch but i'm having great troubles to time AND position the swing at the same time and as a result i often eat double plays by the defence :(

Will it come together with more practice ? Should i switch to another batting interface ? Is there a batting interface that is considered the "best one" by the community ?

first off, its runs not points. its awesome that you are getting into a game that is far from popular in your home continent but its good to have a grasp of terminology as well. as far as best? you wont get a definitive answer. you will get plenty of recommendations though. mine would be try zone hitting. it combines timing, which is key, as well as analog for aiming, which adds to the simulation. also, as a gamer which im sure you are and someone not as familiar with baseball. it might feel more natural than pure analog. as far as being better at pitching than hitting, it is somthing that most mlb the show players experience. even at more experienced levels. besides, you said you are better at patience which is alawys the toughest obstacle to overcome. good luck and enjoy. hope this helps.

I pity anybody who is new to this game. This series is the most frustrating -- but arguably most rewarding -- games I've played in recent years. I buy it every few years determined to work at it and get better, and after a month I just get so fed up and frustrated with myself that I give up.

For new player, who are also new to baseball, I really think you should play on the easiest difficulty for batting. There is no shame in playing on the easy difficulty in The Show.

I finally picked it up today, as a vet of the game since MLB 07 the first thing I can tell you is practice practice PRACTICE. I would take 200 swings a week just to keep my skills sharp the first month after I buy the game to get used to any views/timing issues. I play All Zones/Guess Pitch OFF, and discipline is the hardest thing to master at the plate.

I keep posting this vid over and over every year, but it's effective. It's outdated, but the tools and advice are effective.

EDIT: For those guys who hate getting traded in RttS, here's a way to avoid it.

There was at least one player from the Angels roster on their first game of the season who played (he is a bench player, forgot his name) who was not on the Angels roster in game.

3Sixty

I'm pretty much only playing RTTS at the moment. Started a SP save yesterday, have a good start in AA ball, get injured for the year, back in time for spring training, do pretty solid in the few innings i pitch suddenly and then I'm in the major's ballpen.

Few games pretty much playing set up and I'm in the starting rotation. Even the dodgers aren't that bad.

abrack08

There was at least one player from the Angels roster on their first game of the season who played (he is a bench player, forgot his name) who was not on the Angels roster in game.

Was it his first game ever at the major league level? If so, he won't be in until the next roster update.

-Amon-

first off, its runs not points. its awesome that you are getting into a game that is far from popular in your home continent but its good to have a grasp of terminology as well. as far as best? you wont get a definitive answer. you will get plenty of recommendations though. mine would be try zone hitting. it combines timing, which is key, as well as analog for aiming, which adds to the simulation. also, as a gamer which im sure you are and someone not as familiar with baseball. it might feel more natural than pure analog. as far as being better at pitching than hitting, it is somthing that most mlb the show players experience. even at more experienced levels. besides, you said you are better at patience which is alawys the toughest obstacle to overcome. good luck and enjoy. hope this helps.

Thank you for the terminology fix :)

I made an experiment, switched to zone batting and kept full analog pitching. Zone batting feels much much easier, expecially for timing. After a pair of hours of practice i can perform better, i'm not hitting everything, but it feels more fair.

While we're at it, i'm having a problem with base stealing. Let's say i have a single runner in first base ( so i don't have to make a selection to decide what runner i have to control ). The manual says that in this situation, you simply have to press L2 when the pitcher animation starts to order the runner start and run to second.

The problem is that if i do like that, often nothing happens. Any ideas ?

-Amon-

I pity anybody who is new to this game. This series is the most frustrating -- but arguably most rewarding -- games I've played in recent years. I buy it every few years determined to work at it and get better, and after a month I just get so fed up and frustrated with myself that I give up.

For new player, who are also new to baseball, I really think you should play on the easiest difficulty for batting. There is no shame in playing on the easy difficulty in The Show.

Well i indeed started from beginner difficulty at batting, but i was averaging 15 runs a game ....

Now in at veteran for both batting and pitching and after switching to zone batting it looks like i've found a solution to my batting problems and at the same time the game does not feel too easy.

FrankWza

Thank you for the terminology fix :)

I made an experiment, switched to zone batting and kept full analog pitching. Zone batting feels much much easier, expecially for timing. After a pair of hours of practice i can perform better, i'm not hitting everything, but it feels more fair.

While we're at it, i'm having a problem with base stealing. Let's say i have a single runner in first base ( so i don't have to make a selection to decide what runner i have to control ). The manual says that in this situation, you simply have to press L2 when the pitcher animation starts to order the runner start and run to second.

The problem is that if i do like that, often nothing happens. Any ideas ?

check your base running settings. you might have it on auto.

Top Bottom