• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

antitrop

This game looks incredible, but I just watched Ryan Macaffery's IGN review. So full of hyperbole and generalized statements that I can hardly take it seriously.

He even brought up the "People walking by my desk thought it was a real baseball game!" that everyone was pulling when NFL2K came out for the Dreamcast 13 years ago.

G-Fex

This game looks incredible, but I just watched Ryan Macaffery's IGN review. So full of hyperbole and generalized statements that I can hardly take it seriously.

He even brought up the "People walking by my desk thought it was a real baseball game!" that everyone was pulling when NFL2K came out for the Dreamcast 13 years ago.

to be fair it really does look beautiful.

Wonderful looking game and movements are phenomenal.

I wonder if MLB gaf will ever take me back.

antitrop

to be fair it really does look beautiful.
Wonderful looking game and movements are phenomenal.
Absolutely, it looked very impressive. (Except for the crowds and all, hopefully next-gen...).

But when people use the exact same sentiment in a professional game review that the minimum wage guy who was trying to convince me to impulse buy a Dreamcast at Software ETC uses, I put my eyeroll hat on.

G-Fex

Absolutely, it looked very impressive. (Except for the crowds and all, hopefully next-gen...).

But when people use the exact same sentiment in a professional game review that the minimum wage guy who was trying to convince me to impulse buy a Dreamcast at Software ETC uses, I put my eyeroll hat on.

True true. I hate game journalists

Anyone else having the menu music skip oddly?

Yep mine does as well, I'm glad it just the skip in music. Some over at Operation sports are getting stuttering with pitching. So glad my install only affected the music, some have had to re-install the game. My next move is to turn off the media server and see if that stops the skip or hiccup in music.

turnbuckle

Music and game stuttering. Sounds like another gem from San Diego Studios!
Is this occurring with both disc and downloaded versions? If disc, is the game installed? Wonder if there's something in particular that's causing it that can be narrowed down. I think there was stuttering sound in either last year's or 2011's game that got fixed in a patch pretty quick. Doesn't make it excusable or less embarrassing though.

zychi

Banned
i have a snow day today, and the damn game may not get here til tomorrow :/ i wanted to play it alll day

abrack08

Is this occurring with both disc and downloaded versions? If disc, is the game installed? Wonder if there's something in particular that's causing it that can be narrowed down. I think there was stuttering sound in either last year's or 2011's game that got fixed in a patch pretty quick. Doesn't make it excusable or less embarrassing though.

Very important for those of us deciding which version to spring for! I'd like to get the free $10 on psn but not if the game is gonna stutter. Don't really care about the music as much of course.

RdN

Which version do you have?

friz898

Is it sad that although I had all the hitting troubles you guys speak of for the first 3 months... that eventually in my RttS toon, I was averging 50-70 hrs a year for 4 years straight before stopping the game (and eventually had max everything stats)...

...that I don't plan to change the difficulty on this at all? I know it isnt realistic, but I guess there is something about possibly hitting 80 hrs or something that appeals to me.

Dont judge! I won't be playing online ever anyway!

turnbuckle

Is it sad that although I had all the hitting troubles you guys speak of for the first 3 months... that eventually in my RttS toon, I was averging 50-70 hrs a year for 4 years straight before stopping the game (and eventually had max everything stats)...

...that I don't plan to change the difficulty on this at all? I know it isnt realistic, but I guess there is something about possibly hitting 80 hrs or something that appeals to me.

Dont judge! I won't be playing online ever anyway!

I don't judge. I want my RTTS player to be a god. I even move the sliders completely in my favor until I can get my stats good enough to be around an all-star caliber player. I want my guy to be the 18 year old phenom who puts Mike Trout to shame.

Part of what makes Diamond Dynasty so fun is being able to build an incredible team and play around in the marketplace to maximize your cash flow.

I save my more sim-like experience for leagues and on-line games against friends and other people that play a legit game.

Quick

Banned
Just started up my RTTS pitcher. Got drafted by the Orioles, and almost got a shutout in my first game. Had 11 strikeouts, though.

Uploaded my RTTS save for playing on the Vita later.

G-Fex

I wonder if I should play RTTS or Season mode next.

I might just do season mode first then RTTS then DD.

What's Franchise mode like? I don't know the technicals of baseball but managing stuff sounds fun.

I wonder if I should play RTTS or Season mode next.

I might just do season mode first then RTTS then DD.

What's Franchise mode like? I don't know the technicals of baseball but managing stuff sounds fun.

I usually do RTTS before starting Franchise with the regular season. I'm going to play around with Diamond Dynasty this year as well. Looks like fun.

turnbuckle

If I were to offer up some advice on DD (assuming it's anything like last year) it's probably a good idea to start earlier than later. If you go into the mode late into the game your competition might spoil the experience a little bit. They improved matchmaking part way through last year to mitigate that issue, but if the available player pool is limited when searching for a game you could get matched up with someone who has more 80+ rated players than not while you're fielding a team that makes Loria look a generous owner.

If I were to offer up some advice on DD (assuming it's anything like last year) it's probably a good idea to start earlier than later. If you go into the mode late into the game your competition might spoil the experience a little bit. They improved matchmaking part way through last year to mitigate that issue, but if the available player pool is limited when searching for a game you could get matched up with someone who has more 80+ rated players than not while you're fielding a team that makes Loria look a generous owner.

Yeah, I'm going to start tonight. Couldn't start over the weekend because they had not turned the online portion on.

eznark

Banned
Another year where the game doesn't fill up my whole TV. So bizarre that this is an issue every single time.

OH WHAT THE FUCK MY CODE ISN'T VALID???

Another year where the game doesn't fill up my whole TV. So bizarre that this is an issue every single time.

It hasn't filled up my TV for the past few years. That can be fixed in settings though.

Adjust your horizontal and vertical size.

My code finally worked this morning. Not sure what is going on.

turnbuckle

Ha, I'm glad you mentioned that about the screen size. Thought it was an issue with my TV. I always have to make adjustments.

Invalid Code? Gotta love the gaming industry. *sigh*

BFIB

Don't forget to hit up OperationSports and download the broadcast Sounds of the Show and Player Walkup packs.

eznark

Banned
I was able to redeem my Vita code just fine. My God these guys just do everything in their power to make me despise them.

Zep

Banned
I was able to redeem my Vita code just fine. My God these guys just do everything in their power to make me despise them.

I just went to the PS store, hit redeem code, put it in and it downloaded just fine. I made sure everything was capitalized and included the hyphens.

Finally worked. What an idiotic error message to give or a server issue.

va8Ru.gif

FrankWza

amazon is done with the 2 for $80. anyone else have this going on? i saw a few posts saying gamestop does not. walmart? target? bestbuy?

It really seems like they finally nailed everyone's pitching repetoires. 99% of pitchers don't all have the 4SFB as their main pitch anymore.

squall211

I'm trying so hard to resist picking this up. I really want to hold off a year until the PS4 version, but watching that intro doesn't make it easy.

is it wrong to guess pitches a lot?
Real men play Guess Pitch OFF, No Zones.
You left after extreme bandwagoning. If you're ready to accept your punishment you may come back.
I'm trying so hard to resist picking this up. I really want to hold off a year until the PS4 version, but watching that intro doesn't make it easy.
MLB games are seasonal, might as well pick it up.
The league falls apart every year because the online is so shitty.

Honestly, what I think would be cool is if we had a league, but we just managed the games instead of actually playing them.
If people played wired (eff wireless, people!) and connected using the players' better connection, it'd work better. I had FiOS last last and mistakenly didn't challenge everybody.

League fell apart due to horrible league controls, too many guys dropping and me not being strict enough w/ the 5 day rule. Sure there were alot of other factors, but to simply blame the online is a bit unfair.

FrankWza

I cant find any. Very disappointing.

yeah. i mean, im ok with the fact that theyre not doing the cross-buy. but damn, its an annual release game. the ps3/vita should be 2 for $80 at release and 2 for whatever the price drop to as the season goes on.

Flunkie

Banned
Gonna buy the Vita version so hard. Hopefully the easier hitting carried over to the Vita too. Can anyone confirm?

Top Bottom