• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

I haven't played this since the 2011 version, but my impression then was that online play wasn't worth the headache. Hitting is way to dependent on timing. I consider this game to be a single player game.

I skipped 2012 but my copy of 2013 is coming today. Excited to get started on my road to the show.

rinse82

Played a couple of games yesterday. Game feels and looks great. I couldn't help but wonder what it's going to look like when it makes its PS4 debut.

Vita version is better, it's not a big leap graphically but it is noticeably smoother than last year's version, IMO.

Story - play in the madden bros Show league.

So how easy is hitting now? I'm worried they made it way too easy.

I really can't say right now. I'm not crushing it even on Veteran but I was never great at hitting to begin with. I haven't felt cheated either though.

Still getting plenty of pop ups and weak grounders. As of now, I don't think it's a big concern.

So how easy is hitting now? I'm worried they made it way too easy.

I'm doing extremely well in RTTS right now. Better than I've ever done before. Out of the gate I'm a .330 average hitter over two seasons with the Fisher Cats and the Bisons. I'm concerned that I may need to make an adjustment soon.

However, I played a round of playoff mode on Vita. Jays vs. Mariners in a division series and the numbers looked very realistic. Jays lost to the Mariners though.

I'm playing on All-Star with timing button hitting. No Guess pitch/strike zone.

Downloading the PS3 version right now. It's 23GB in total: 12GB for the game, 11GB for the "Additonal Content", and something tiny for the online pass. Hopefully it's done by the morning.

I was pleased by how quickly this downloaded. I started at 12.15am and was (incidentally) up at 5am - just in time to watch the last 8% of the install.

Quick

Banned
I was pleased by how quickly this downloaded. I started at 12.15am and was (incidentally) up at 5am - just in time to watch the last 8% of the install.

No kidding. I was expecting it to run through until at least noon or so, but I'm already at about 90% for the additional content, then it's done.

Sanjuro

• Download new PS3 firmware.
  • Download game patch.
  • Install game to hard drive.
  • Download game online voucher.
  • Reboot game to access online voucher.
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom slowly to accept online terms and conditions.
  • Network error. Your connection has been lost.
  • Network error. Your connection has been lost.

I missed you soo much San Diego Studios!

EDIT: The servers aren't even active yet! Launch the game in all regions, yet start up your servers at 9AM PST!? :jnc

KaYotiX

Banned
Wouldn't have gotten it till 5 tonight.
I would of done the same then, mine are en route but since I'm at work it's no biggie. Going to get home, play a game or 2 while I wait on simcity to DL.

Hopefully my wife doesn't kick me off and decide to play tomb raider lol

G-Fex

yeah at my store they said they didn't get no vita games in, apparently the lady from sony comes in to stock the Vita games.

:(

I really want the vita version so I'm going to go get it.

turnbuckle

I just don't understand review scores for an online game until a little bit of time has been had with the online modes.

Diamond Dynasty made last year's version of the game my favorite in the series and my favorite baseball game of all time.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Going to ask in here

Just got MLB the show 12 on vita, not a baseball fan but heard great things about the game, and it was on sale for like 8 bucks so I figured fuck it.

Liking everything so far, but in road to the show mode even on the beginner/timing batting I'm batting .046 after about 15 games with my guy.

Any tips? Should I just cheat with sliders? Timing based stuff like SNES baseball, gamevil iphone baseball I've never had a problem. Yet here I just am getting fucking wrecked.

Going to ask in here

Just got MLB the show 12 on vita, not a baseball fan but heard great things about the game, and it was on sale for like 8 bucks so I figured fuck it.

Liking everything so far, but in road to the show mode even on the beginner/timing batting I'm batting .046 after about 15 games with my guy.

Any tips? Should I just cheat with sliders? Timing based stuff like SNES baseball, gamevil iphone baseball I've never had a problem. Yet here I just am getting fucking wrecked.

Sadly, the answer is buy MLB 13. This year the hitting is much, much, MUCH more enjoyable for your typical gamer. All but the most dedicated The Show fans struggle mightily with hitting each year until now.

I've been playing this for the past few days and hitting is finally fun for a guy like me - someone who loves sports games but isn't able to/willing to invest the significant amount of time it used to take to get good in previous iterations.

Going to ask in here

They made hitting a lot easier in 13 but in 12 I would suggest turning pitch speed down a few notches. That's the big killer. Having a slower pitch speed will help you identify pitches better.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sadly, the answer is buy MLB 13. This year the hitting is much, much, MUCH more enjoyable for your typical gamer. All but the most dedicated The Show fans struggle mightily with hitting each year until now.

I've been playing this for the past few days and hitting is finally fun for a guy like me - someone who loves sports games but isn't able to/willing to invest the significant amount of time it used to take to get good in previous iterations.

Yeah I guess I was too negative in assuming 13 on vita was going the EA route of Roster update and nothing else, and as someone who can't even tell you more than like 2 dozen baseball players I didn't care about that.

They made hitting a lot easier in 13 but in 12 I would suggest turning pitch speed down a few notches. That's the big killer. Having a slower pitch speed will help you identify pitches better.

Thanks I'll try that. I definitely have about zero clue what type/where a pitch is going until it's way too late to swing anyways.

What was it about 13 that has made hitting so much easier?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
wait a minute, after debating the bundle yesterday, the option to get both for $80 on amazon is now gone!

ugghh, why did I wait!?

Marleyman

Banned
I just realized that I haven't turned on my PS3 for games since The Show last year. My PS3 is going to be loading updates after work for awhile I bet:(

turnbuckle

I love this series but if the lag isn't fixed I will be pissed.

P2P so it really depends on your and the person you're playing with's connection. I believe they've added the ability to see your ping with other players before joining a game.

Most of the time my connections were pretty flawless - at least in 2010 through 2013. If a person was having a different experience than that I'm not certain there were any upgrades on Sony's side that would alleviate those issues.

Top Bottom