• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

beason52

Neo Member
yeah. i mean, im ok with the fact that theyre not doing the cross-buy. but damn, its an annual release game. the ps3/vita should be 2 for $80 at release and 2 for whatever the price drop to as the season goes on.

it is a questionable decision. I will buy the vita version on PSN and wait for price drop on ps3. their loss I guess

Marleyman

Banned
The league falls apart every year because the online is so shitty.

Honestly, what I think would be cool is if we had a league, but we just managed the games instead of actually playing them.

I would be down to manage instead of playing. The connections were horrid when I played a few league games and lost interest.

turnbuckle

Real men play Guess Pitch OFF, No Zones.

You left after extreme bandwagoning. If you're ready to accept your punishment you may come back.

MLB games are seasonal, might as well pick it up.

If people played wired (eff wireless, people!) and connected using the players' better connection, it'd work better.
I had FiOS last last and mistakenly didn't challenge everybody.

League fell apart due to horrible league controls, too many guys dropping and me not being strict enough w/ the 5 day rule. Sure there were alot of other factors, but to simply blame the online is a bit unfair.

Bolded all the relevant points that you're 110% right about.

turnbuckle

The sales for the Show have always been set up this way from what I can remember. Complaining about it just makes you look poor and lazy.

Am I the only one who just plays to win with his team in sports games? I couldn't care less about competition, I want to dominate. First thing I do is create myself, create Kenny Powers and start up a franchise with the Braves. Last year I didn't even redeem my online code!

turnbuckle

Am I the only one who just plays to win with his team in sports games? I couldn't care less about competition, I want to dominate. First thing I do is create myself, create Kenny Powers and start up a franchise with the Braves. Last year I didn't even redeem my online code!

I think everyone makes a Kenny Powers and themselves. I usually do that for RTTS and DD (last year). I've tried the franchise mode but I quickly lose interest playing against the computer unless it's used as for player or team progression (i.e. points or $ in RTTS and DD mode).

G-Fex

I like that Milwaukee line-up. Hoping for a good season.

Nice ending of the game, Yo only throwing 12CV's the entire 9th inning for a complete game. And the runner gunned down at home for the last out.

Yup him being taken out at home was a hell of a climax. I loved it. Truly a memorable first game.

I usually do that in my first franchise I do for the month of march and the first few weeks of the season. Today when I started up my franchise with The Tigers, I created myself as left handed ace and traded for Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton and moved Austin Jackson at short. My opening day lineup in the game against the Twins looked like this.

CF Mike Trout
SS Austin Jackson
3B Miguel Cabrera
1B Prince Fielder
RF Giancarlo Stanton
DH Victor Martinez
LF Torii Hunter
2B Omar Infante
C Alex Avila

Suffice the say the game went very badly for the Twins, and the team is currently 9-0 in my franchise outscoring opponents 115-25

Does anyone else not have the trophies for this show up in your list? I even unlocked one but it's not showing up anywhere.

zychi

Banned
does this years version have crossplay? like can i save on my ps3, and play my franchise on my vita? I cant find the option or any info on it. i dont expect to be able to play someone on a ps3 against someone on a vita yet.

does this years version have crossplay? like can i save on my ps3, and play my franchise on my vita? I cant find the option or any info on it. i dont expect to be able to play someone on a ps3 against someone on a vita yet.

It doesn't have cross play but it does have cross save.

Jas

After 3 downloads and 66GB I can finally play the game. Apparently it's the 1.10 patch corrupting the install so I didn't install it. Can't play online but at least I can play.

In my first game hit a walk off homer with Shane Victorino over the monster so I guess I was somewhat rewarded with my patience, haha.

Will it skip that part where it shows the line up and what the other players are doing?
Usually I pick the one that only shows just the ones that involve my player. When you get on base, then you have a sub-choice to show the whole players' AB, a quarter of the AB, or half.

On D, you just see the play involving your player and occasionally 1-2 per game not involving your player... those are also important because I think they gauge you on covering bases in case a situation opens where you may be involved indirectly, like on a RBI double a throw home may be cutoff to try and get the trail runner out at 2nd (let's say you're a 2B baseman). Or you may be the backup cutoff man on such a play; If you don't field your position, that creates a lost opportunities.

Zep

Banned
Shawn losing to me. Just like old times.

Played that game wireless and while it was pretty good for playing someone on the opposite coast, I'll still go wired from now on because I wasn't a fan of the little pauses before a pitch.

Sanjuro

I really like how the player's image changes once he has been traded or signed. Verlander looks fantastic as a Red Sox.

I never got into Diamond Dynasty last year so I'm trying this year. Goddamn this shit is kind of overwhelming. Does anyone have a tl;dr version?

Vargas

Usually I pick the one that only shows just the ones that involve my player. When you get on base, then you have a sub-choice to show the whole players' AB, a quarter of the AB, or half.

On D, you just see the play involving your player and occasionally 1-2 per game not involving your player... those are also important because I think they gauge you on covering bases in case a situation opens where you may be involved indirectly, like on a RBI double a throw home may be cutoff to try and get the trail runner out at 2nd (let's say you're a 2B baseman). Or you may be the backup cutoff man on such a play; If you don't field your position, that creates a lost opportunities.

That is how it was in previous years but now I get a different screen in between my at bats. Let me figure out the settings because there has to be a way to skip that screen.

Zep

Banned
Damn lag. The homer you got was from a lag induced mistime.

camron.gif

RdN

Just bought it on the PS Store.. Hopefully the download will go fast (who am I kidding, my download speeds on PSN are ridiculous).

I never got into Diamond Dynasty last year so I'm trying this year. Goddamn this shit is kind of overwhelming. Does anyone have a tl;dr version?

Cards r ur players. Better to train ur players than just wastng ur money on expensive packs. Dats all i kno, i just like to create a uni to be honest. Lol

bjscott05

Really poor design decision to not let me see the pitcher I am facing online (ranked) before I pick my lineup. Plus you can't pick uniforms for some strange reason.

Created the Gallifrey Time Lords in Diamond Dynasty.

Made a neat little TARDIS for the logo.

This is my first time digging into this mode, and I agree, it looks overwhelming. I had no issues with a similar mode in the NHL games. I think the interface is a little worse in MLB to be honest.

turnbuckle

gah can't play tonight so won't get to try out diamond dynasty. I didn't find it to be overwhelming last year but maybe some changes over complicated it :p

Top Bottom