• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

MoosiferX

So I have all of my custom music added to my Jukebox, but it's not appearing in either the music editor or the "Custom Walk-Up" section. It's playing during all the menus, though. Did they change something this year? Like, do I have to earn my walk-up music!? xD

HoTHiTTeR

So about the Vita and the cut scenes...is it still missing a lot or better than the first?

Better than the first, but still a fast-paced baseball experience. Would you want to be sitting there while Matty V. goes on and on for 40 seconds about the playoffs last year, or an injury that happened to a player last season while on the go? I wouldn't.

Better than the first, but still a fast-paced baseball experience. Would you want to be sitting there while Matty V. goes on and on for 40 seconds about the playoffs last year, or an injury that happened to a player last season while on the go? I wouldn't.

It's not that stuff but details like running around the base after a homerun or replays after great plays.

Last one didn't even have anything even after a walk-off or a game winning homerun. That's why I didn't like it.

Hope this new one adds those details in the game.

bjscott05

Kind of disappointing they added all these throwback uniforms but they skimped on details. Hate to see pullover uniforms from the 70's and 80's have buttons down the front.

friz898

Sure but they killed pitch by pitch commentary. Since I mainly only play this mode, j never get to hear them and didnt we get a new one this year?

friz898

What difference does the new level system make in this game?

Also in RttS, it says beginner hitting rank 6/6. I don't want to go to a harder difficulty so will it just continue to say that for a bazillion future games?

(Love game. Just nitpicking changes from last year)

Quick

Banned
Kind of disappointing they added all these throwback uniforms but they skimped on details. Hate to see pullover uniforms from the 70's and 80's have buttons down the front.

My nitpick has (and continues to be) the nameplate and numbers. For a game so detail-oriented, they really need to have a few people just sit down and work on making it look better/more authentic.

That's one of the very few things MLB 2K got right.

Kccitystar

My nitpick has (and continues to be) the nameplate and numbers. For a game so detail-oriented, they really need to have a few people just sit down and work on making it look better/more authentic.

That's one of the very few things MLB 2K got right.

To my knowledge not that many current clubs sport a nameplate. A lot of teams just have the name sewn on the fabric, but as a uniform buff, I can understand. I was pissed when MLB2K actually shipped with the Mets road jerseys having their blue lettering on black trim instead of orange trim. While this was fixable on the PC version of the game, console users had to deal.

I've never seen a baseball game that really nailed the classic unis well. I even remember some iteration of The Show where they had a '94 Brewers uni set that was so full of obvious errors that it was really hard for me to look at.

Yeah, the online is still fucking shit. I love it when the opponent throws a pitch, and the game hitches TWICE and makes me swing in reverse.

Why do they even attempt an online mode.

The PS3 version of MLB 13 has been added to the UK/EU store for £39.99 (this is a first), but no Vita version yet. If the Vita version makes it to EU as DD only too, hoping it's only around £25 like 12 was.

The PS3 version of MLB 13 has been added to the UK/EU store for £39.99 (this is a first), but no Vita version yet. If the Vita version makes it to EU as DD only too, hoping it's only around £25 like 12 was.

Good to hear. I'm sure a lot of people who are importing are going to be disappointed they weren't given the heads up sooner.

If next gen is going to be DD heavy, just release shit in all regions.

eznark

Banned
Guy at GameStop was like "oh man you missed out on $25 worth of diamond bucks for not preordering" so yeah, maybe that's what it was. I played that for a bit last year but it just never stuck. The game in general was shit last year.

Unfortunately it seems like there may be a lot of those issues again. Guy beating out routine ground balls to short is still a problem. Catchers being moronic and not tagging a guy at home when they are standing there with the ball still seems to be a problem. This year I already had a game where that also happened at second base.

I understand wanting to make the game look pretty but jesus when your animations are too slow to accurately reflect a plays outcome, cut them down.

Maybe it was a pre-order bonus.

I got $75 million dollar bonus for Diamond Dynasty from Amazon.

There was a glitch (might still be there) that allows people to collect $5 million a time via DLC for free. You can just keep reselecting it and getting another $5 mill. Apparently they are going to clear the balance of anyone who used it though.

They made a big deal about bettering the "atmosphere" when it makes sense. Bigger, louder crowds in the playoffs, quieter crowds in minor league stadiums. I thought that was a logical improvement.

But you'd never know it when I started off my dude in AA ball last night. The crowd was going nuts the entire time, and when my team (as the road team) but the home team, boos were pouring like rain on the hometeam losers. Felt totally out of place. Have you ever been to a minor league game? People hardly care what's happening on field, and they certainly don't boo at the end of the game if their team loses in the first week of a season. I wish they'd have done more to make crowd noise realistic.

Also noticing a lot of little bugs. Just little things that make me say "That shouldn't have happened." For instance, played an exhibition game and the play-by-play guy said "Here's a look at the defensive alignment for tonight's game" as if it was going to show who was playing where, and then just...nothing. It never showed it. A lot of what I notice is the announcer saying what they're about the show, and the game just not showing it. "Look at this replay" and then no replay.

Also, what is up with the constant music skipping? Anyone else notice this? I'm playing the disc version, and it's installed.

I was really into DD last season. Probably spent $30 or $40 on card packs. Hopefully I can do better from the jump now that I know how it works. I just wish I could port my logo and uniforms from last season. I spent way too much time working on them.

abrack08

Guy at GameStop was like "oh man you missed out on $25 worth of diamond bucks for not preordering" so yeah, maybe that's what it was. I played that for a bit last year but it just never stuck. The game in general was shit last year.

Unfortunately it seems like there may be a lot of those issues again. Guy beating out really outine ground balls to short is still a problem. Catchers being moronic and not tagging a guy at home when they are standing there with the ball still seems to be a problem. This year I already had a game where that also happened at second base.

I understand wanting to make the game look pretty but jesus when your animations are too slow to accurately reflect a plays outcome, cut them down.
Oh man. I picked mine up yesterday at GS too. Last minute decision, no pre order and the dude lectured me for 5 minutes about not preordering, then wouldn't take no for an answer when I wouldn't preorder anything else. It was so annoying, and I usually have decent experiences at Gamestop. He was actually pretty rude about it.

Marleyman

Banned
Played one game online against my buddy; didn't have much lag at all and it was a close game until I hit a grand slam w/ Heyward. Can't wait to play more.

Samus4145

does this years version have crossplay? like can i save on my ps3, and play my franchise on my vita? I cant find the option or any info on it. i dont expect to be able to play someone on a ps3 against someone on a vita yet.

Only the Home Run Derby features cross-platform play.

It's probably my favorite mode in the game, next to RttS.

All the while that I have been playing the show, in all its glory. I had been playing in 1080p forgetting its optimized for 720p. Now that I have switched my tv to 720p, it plays alot better as far as the minor hiccup skip on music and cut scenes and the graphics are much crisper.

Yeah, the online is still fucking shit. I love it when the opponent throws a pitch, and the game hitches TWICE and makes me swing in reverse.

Why do they even attempt an online mode.
It's either your connection or his.

Unfortunately it seems like there may be a lot of those issues again. Guy beating out routine ground balls to short is still a problem. Catchers being moronic and not tagging a guy at home when they are standing there with the ball still seems to be a problem. This year I already had a game where that also happened at second base.

Some of this can actually be fixed by slider tweaks and settings adjustments, but the home plate thing is usually one animation trumping another incorrectly. Use your player to run and tag the runner.

I actually find the shortstops to be better this year, especially their arms. Still getting the hang of preloading my throws with the new meter.

eznark

Banned
It's either your connection or his.

Some of this can actually be fixed by slider tweaks and settings adjustments, but the home plate thing is usually one animation trumping another incorrectly. Use your player to run and tag the runner.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing some slider tweaks. I'm pretty sure that Stanton could throw out any player at first on a sharp single to right.

I pretty much turn off all the metered throwing in the game. I don't need it.

I kind of like it.

At least when I make a throwing error now, I'm less likely to blame the CPU for it.

Although that points out one of the best things about this game versus other sports games, you have plenty of options so that you can play it any way you want.

They don't introduce new ways to bat/pitch/field and take out the old ones, those are still viable options.

I kind of like it.

At least when I make a throwing error now, I'm less likely to blame the CPU for it.

Although that points out one of the best things about this game versus other sports games, you have plenty of options so that you can play it any way you want.

They don't introduce new ways to bat/pitch/field and take out the old ones, those are still viable options.

Yup. Love the control options in the show. I can play how I want to. So good.

I would have probably given up on the series if they forced analog pitching on me.

I didn't have any time to mess with the PS3 and Vita copy yesterday besides installing them, but I was wondering if there is still only 1 cloud save spot per mode like last year for cross saves.

RdN

So the 1.10 update really corrupts que PS Store version of the game?

After installing it, it says that my game is corrupted and that I have to download again. =/

Top Bottom