• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

Historically, OSFM's is usually better... but it usually takes much longer to come out. Knight's original roster is all about naming players and getting numbers right, usually. OSFM's is usually more about minor league scouting, tweaking of players, positions, and more.
Thanks for the info. I always used OSFM in MLB 13 so I just wanted to know what the differences were.
Isn't OSFM Knight's roster set?
I don't know myself. I was just wondering since I see both of them named.

Strider

Work is gonna go by so slow tomorrow :(

I saw that the OSFM rosters were done but I'm definitely gonna wait until version 2 and the PS4 edits get added in to start my franchise. Always a tough decision on which team I'm gonna choose for Franchise.

Lighting engine looks pretty nice.

Ughhhh, the same ball of yarn looking microphone that was in the PS3 version is still present in this one... oh well, I guess they have to save something for next year.

oatmeal

Banned
Watching this stream right now...

He loaded the all-star game...and it loaded, he was able to do warmup pitches, and then more loading.

did I miss something or is there double loading when loading a game?

oatmeal

Banned
Someone asked if the XBONE could play this...he aid he didn't know, but it could probably run it at 45fps at 780p or something.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My copy is on its way to me. Hopefully, I will get it tomorrow, worst case I get it Wednesday.

I have a question.

PS4 version.

I have hit maybe 10-12 HR over the weekend in franchise mode. None of them triggered the home run celebration shot, or the player HR admiration shot.

Is this tied to what cam angle you use or whether its presentation style or dynamic?

Or is it purely situational?

oatmeal

Banned
I have a question.

PS4 version.

I have hit maybe 10-12 HR over the weekend in franchise mode. None of them triggered the home run celebration shot, or the player HR admiration shot.

Is this tied to what cam angle you use or whether its presentation style or dynamic?

Or is it purely situational?

It used to be situational, but you could toggle it off and on (for both foul and homers) in '12.

GravyButt

For those that have it, or may have read info about it, how does the weather effect the game? Rain delays, postponed games? Or is it strictly just visual? Any difference to actual gameplay or field visuals?
Thanks!

Omega

Banned
Nick is streaming again, said they cancelled the Vita online for this year because no one used it. Also said Sony San Diego is working on another game that will be at E3....mini-hype?

www.twitch.tv/l1vingston

if it's a sports game, hopefully its an NBA game.

I know Sony's last effort with a first party basketball game was awful, but that wasn't San Diego was it?

I'd love an NBA career mode that carries from game to game like MLB is doing. I'm not even a fan of baseball but I'm buying MLB day 1. It's a feature I've wanted in sports games for awhile, so I figured I'd support the developer that actually bothered to implement it

Top Bottom