• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

NHale

Thanks, will remember this! Bit off-topic, how about hardware/accessoires? Any import duty fees on that?

It's more riskier because the packages are bulkier so it's more likely to be caught by customs. Buying from VGP is still a risk for games because it's outside the EU (my anecdotal evidence: around 15 games imported from VGP = 0 import fees so far) so you may end up paying custom duties if your customs notice your package.

MauroNL

It's more riskier because the packages are bulkier so it's more likely to be caught by customs. Buying from VGP is still a risk for games because it's outside the EU (my anecdotal evidence: around 15 games imported from VGP = 0 import fees so far) so you may end up paying custom duties if your customs notice your package.
Thanks brah. Still would be cheaper even with import duties if I bought one locally so I guess it doesn't hurt in any way I guess.

Lrrr

My biggest want is for them to have real minor league stadiums. You spend so much time down there I get tired of the same ones over and over.

The Brooklyn Cyclones (Mets) play at MCU park which is located right next to Coney Island in NYC and two iconic landmarks appear in the background - the Cyclone rollercoaster and the Parachute Jump (defunct since 1964). I'm sure that would be a separate licensing issue for Sony San Diego assuming they could acquire it at all. Are there other minor league ballparks with similar circumstances? I don't know. Anyway, here's a picture of MCU park from the stands.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/virtualfrolic/9541219503

Guymelef

The thing is that some (or maybe all) orders from Videogamesplus to Europe are sending from Belgium, so you avoid import duties.

Tangerinediesel

Neo Member
Damn, I really want to get this over the weekend. I was going to try the best buy pickup in store option since it's there, but I'm sure the clerks know better than to let me before release date. Going to try the mom and pa shop here, but I think they only sell classic stuff. I haven't played a baseball game since the MVP series since I skipped ps3.

They said this May, PS3/PSV versions came a day after US release, so probably next Wednesday on EU Store.

Yeah, hopefully it's released 'officially' as in previous years when importing I've not really been able to use online modes as the servers have locked me out due to EU PSN. Not that I'd play online much anyway.

demolitio

How are the Indians ranked this year? I'm assuming pretty badly again since last year was a surprise to most but I guess it doesn't matter since I can consistently destroy people online using their fair-weather teams or my friend with the Reds.

That's why I do love this game though. Real baseball knowledge and skill is more important than people just rolling around with the big budget teams even if it does put me at a disadvantage. It's the only baseball game to ever play like a real baseball game.

sooo i won as the Yankees against the cubs and i pitched a complete game shutout as king Felix against the cards... other then that i got rocked.... so far game is amazing it looks so good you guys will be shocked when you see it for your own eyes

I'm a little shocked that no one has really mentioned it but the PS3 version suggests a 10GB install to make the game load assets better or whatever the largest shocker is that the game displays in native 720p!

Usually this isn't an issue or games as they are upscaled but The Show suggests you set your PS3 to 720p.

If you do not there will be a black border across the top,bottom, and sides of your 1080 set.

You can remedy this by going into the options and setting the H/V stretch to max.

But really?!?!, Set my TV to 720p?

FrankWza

I'm a little shocked that no one has really mentioned it but the PS3 version suggests a 10GB install to make the game load assets better or whatever the largest shocker is that the game displays in native 720p!

Usually this isn't an issue or games as they are upscaled but The Show suggests you set your PS3 to 720p.

If you do not there will be a black border across the top,bottom, and sides of your 1080 set.

You can remedy this by going into the options and setting the H/V stretch to max.

I play all my ps3 games at 720p. The framerate benefits on mlb or gt series etc.. are too big to pass up to get 1080p.

Korezo

MLB 08 was the only one with native 1080p I think.

MLB 08 was the only one with native 1080p I think.

Perhaps but this is the only game (in all genres) that I can remember having black borders around the entire thing. I also was a little surprised that it told me to set my PS3 to 720p.
There was no option to stretch/fill the dislay.

I know a lot of games are native 720p but they usually try to hide the fact.

Xater

Yeah, hopefully it's released 'officially' as in previous years when importing I've not really been able to use online modes as the servers have locked me out due to EU PSN. Not that I'd play online much anyway.

German Playstation site says it's out May 7th.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I was debating between digital copy the next before or best buy discount the next day. bb it is!

I'm going with Gamestop. I got the $20 in game credit for the ps3 version and my cousin is buying that off of me this weekend for $50 bucks so I'll go in gamestop (shudder) again Sunday and 'preorder' the day before for another $20

GravyButt

Trying to cancel my psn preorder right now so I can go pick it up, but ive been dealing with their chat nightmare for 2 hours now.

Guy said he was going to cancel it for me, but to hold on 5 minutes as his system locked up. A few minutes later I get disconnected due to inactivity. WTF?! Now im chatting to a new guy, who thinks im lying about it all, and refuses to cancel it. ARGH!

Edited. They finally cancelled it. But now the store is sold out. Ugh. Oh well ill get it at best buy with discount

Perhaps but this is the only game (in all genres) that I can remember having black borders around the entire thing. I also was a little surprised that it told me to set my PS3 to 720p.
There was no option to stretch/fill the dislay.

I know a lot of games are native 720p but they usually try to hide the fact.

You could absolutely stretch/fill the display. There was an option in settings to adjust the horizontal and vertical so that you could stretch the image to fit your screen. I have had to do this every year for the past few years.

PS4 version does not require it.

As for 1080p. I know there were a couple of editions that let you output in 1080p if you adjusted the PS3's resolution settings. I think you had to make 1080p the ONLY option and then when you loaded up the game it would output at that. Framerate would take a hit though.

shwimpy

Edited. They finally cancelled it. But now the store is sold out. Ugh. Oh well ill get it at best buy with discount
Sold out huh... any idea how many copies they got? I have a feeling sales for this game might be huge. I'm seeing the Kenny Powers ad plastered all over sports networks during both NBA and NHL playoffs.

GravyButt

Sold out huh... any idea how many copies they got? I have a feeling sales for this game might be huge. I'm seeing the Kenny Powers ad plastered all over sports networks during both NBA and NHL playoffs.

When I was there earlier they had 25 the guy said

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Perhaps but this is the only game (in all genres) that I can remember having black borders around the entire thing. I also was a little surprised that it told me to set my PS3 to 720p

MLB 10 recommends it on the first title screen. I'm yet to try it but game seems alright at 1080 with only the odd hitch.

oatmeal

Banned
Question...

How's the load times on PS4?

How fast does it go from PS4 menu to the game?

I loved how KZ4 did it...just BOOM, you're in the menus. I wish all devs would do that.

Question...

How's the load times on PS4?

How fast does it go from PS4 menu to the game?

I loved how KZ4 did it...just BOOM, you're in the menus. I wish all devs would do that.
takes about 40 seconds from menu to game... umm i think i clocked it at 18 seconds from in game menu to my road to the show.. but i think a exhibition game took more time

Top Bottom