• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

Watching a stream on Twitch. The one aspect that lets me down on these games is the animations. Some look good. Many do not. Particularly transitions.

My biggest complaint is how the ball looks as the pitcher throws it. Something about the ball leaving his hand just never looks right.

Don't go by streams, you are losing a lot of detail, it is buttery smooth, trust me. What's jarring is if the player doesn't know the situation and doesn't pre-load the his/her throws yes it can look bad, simply because of the timing window of pre-loading. There is a reason when fielding you must know the situation, there is a reason a short stop lets every fielder know the situation so he can make the proper play. So pre-load i.e began, make your throw decision before the ball arrives, it is similar to basket ball when you have to "gather".

Just a heads up, pretty much everything that Sony has said goes up at 12:01 actually ends up showing up around 12:20-12:30. Happened with quite a few midnight launch PSN games that I have pre-ordered.

So ... if by some very silly slip of reason I go to Walmart right now, I could theoretically buy the game, yes? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've obviously never done it before. Also I hate Walmart.

Acorn

Does anyone know if this will be on the uk psn to buy?

Also, I'm a casual fan how newbie friendly is the game?

aro52

Just a heads up, pretty much everything that Sony has said goes up at 12:01 actually ends up showing up around 12:20-12:30. Happened with quite a few midnight launch PSN games that I have pre-ordered.

Yup. That's been my experience. Usually shows up in manual search first, and then slow starts propagating around.

Yup. That's been my experience. Usually shows up in manual search first, and then slow starts propagating around.

It's a real bummer and something I hope the pre-load feature will start to help with. I am still baffled that The Show wasn't the first thing to use pre-load but I guess the FW update must have just came in too hot for them to get it ready.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

bottom 8 dodger 4 D'backs 2 the tension mounts. Imagine the crowd getting loud, the DS4 rumbling in your hands as the camera pans back to give you perspective and the commentators state the obvious, not a thousand words but that is the picture
Bm7Bu4rIYAAdML3.jpg

Puig POTG
Bm7A6IGCMAIOigm.jpg

That's pulse.

I like meter the best.

I will try out every option but classic again. Analog was just way too easy for me, I only missed my spots if I wanted to. Same with meter. Hope I can get the hang of pulse this time.

I hate that I'm alwayst first in fewest walks allowed by a ridiculous margin.

rockbiter

Neo Member
So ... if by some very silly slip of reason I go to Walmart right now, I could theoretically buy the game, yes? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've obviously never done it before. Also I hate Walmart.

Good luck with that. I checked my local Walmart and they won't have it until Monday.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Game shipped and got my free ps4 controller sticker thing lol. Hopefully I get it early enough tomorrow to get some games in.

Read on the twitch feed that it might not be up until 6am pst. I hope that's a troll.

Probably is a troll, like I said this has been happening with PSN release for months now. Both GTA V and CoD: Ghosts took a while past midnight to download and it is really fucking annoying.

Flunkie

Banned
Wait, there's Topps baseball cards in this?

Since when?

Omg... Ultimate The Show mode?! like Ultimate Team in Madden/FIFA...

The other reason I would take the 6PST thing with a grain of salt is that the ads for the game in the PS Store are starting to change from Pre-Order Now! to Buy Now!

abrack08

Nobody answered me in the Twitch chat... does PSN have preloading or not? Because if not, isn't this game fucking enormous? Most people aren't playing tonight anyways...?

They just added the ability to pre-load in a recent update, but it seems the first game to actually use the feature is going to be Watch Dogs. Was not available for MLB, probably because the game came out relatively soon after the patch. Would have been a nice test run on a less-popular game before Watch Dogs though (and I could have gotten a game or two in tonight...)

oatmeal

Banned
...it's a sony game, for fuck's sake.

That really sucks for you guys. I'm sort of feeling the pain myself waiting for my copy to come in the mail!
It has the download while you play which I want to fart around with. Download a few gigs and play a bit before having to download the rest.

Top Bottom