• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

demolitio

Fuck. My. Life.

Looks like I will be waiting for UFC to get that PS4.

I'll let you know tomorrow when my friend and I give it a go. He's halfway across the country now so it's a good test and we've done it for every single MLB game. Last year's game was actually pretty playable between me and him but suffered online against random people. There just seems to be no telling how it will be.

I'm eager to try it out but I'm buying it knowing single-player will be great just in case MP does disappoint me. There's no excuse for all these sports games having shitty online anymore. Hell, we still have trouble with NBA 2K14's shitty servers and that's basically an always online game now.

It's just so funny how they keep pushing the envelope in graphics and talking about what makes next-gen great when they miss something crucial that's been done for decades now elsewhere. Why talk about being so modern when you fail at online play? Just like BF4 bragging about it being the true next-gen shooter and then cheaping out on the servers ruining their game.

Lrrr

The Graphics in night games are the wow factor, day games look like an up rezzed PS3 game.

When watching the streams, I had noticed that the night games looked far more impressive than the day ones, but I was hoping that some of the detail was being lost in the stream. Guess not. :/

When watching the streams, I had noticed that the night games looked far more impressive than the day ones, but I was hoping that some of the detail was being lost in the stream. Guess not. :/

To keep positive let's remember The Show already looked pretty goddamn good on PS3. Because otherwise, yeah, this bums me out greatly. I'm pretty big on lighting.

aro52

At this point, I bet we don't see it until 12:20am PACIFIC.

I'm gonna watch the Louie premiere, and check afterwards.

At this point I am expecting midnight Pacific, if it doesn't show up then than I will be real mad that I bought PSN credit instead of just going and picking it up at a local Wal-Mart tonight.

whitehawk

Banned
Mascot Hunting D'Backs, from my twitter feed, image quality isn't the greatest.

Bm63jzuCAAA9FPz.jpg
Full size:

Bm63jzuCAAA9FPz.jpg:orig

MickeyPhree

The game is a big download. Watch I go to sleep and for whatever reason the ps4 decides to not auto download. Nope I'm staying up till I know it's working.

Lrrr

To keep positive let's remember The Show already looked pretty goddamn good on PS3. Because otherwise, yeah, this bums me out greatly. I'm pretty big on lighting.

While I accept that this years version plays exactly like its PS3 brother, I really need to see that San Diego knocked it out of the park in the other areas of the game they've been touting. Things like lighting, stadium atmosphere, proper crowd reactions, batting stances, Japanese style hitting, etc. From the streams I've watched, I already knew that "moving hair" was out, but to hear that the daytime lighting just looks like a rezzed-up PS3 game is massively disappointing.

oatmeal

Banned
Will it auto download the game if it goes up when I'm in Standby?

I haven't told it to or anything, there's no where online to say "SEND TO PS4" or whatever.

Wurdfurd

Will it auto download the game if it goes up when I'm in Standby?

I haven't told it to or anything, there's no where online to say "SEND TO PS4" or whatever.

It won't auto-download. You will have to "Download to PS4" in a browser if you are away from your console.

Story time. Called WalMart to see if they were doing a midnight release... said yes... went to WalMart to pick up a copy and the night guy refused to sell us the game because he had "other things to take care of". So we go tell the manager and she tells him to sell it to us, so he goes in the back to get it and comes out with nothing. Says they haven't had it shipped yet.

I friggen bet. Biggest retail chain in the country "doesn't have it". Worthless.

Will buy it tomorrow from elsewhere.

impact

Banned
I have heard nothing but bad thigs but they are adamant that they are working on it.

Skipping this shit. They've "been working on it" since MLB 09 and it's always terrible.

Oh well, the PS4 will continue to collect dust till Watch Dogs I guess.

The most annoying part about this shit too is that I have been watching L1vingston's stream (The San Diego Studios producer guy) and for the last 2 hours or something he has been checking his phone to see if there were any updates about the situation and all he could say was that Sony was "looking into it" and that it wasn't an issue on the dev side. I don't understand how this happens for 3 fucking hours and no one on the PSN team can figure out why.

aro52

The most annoying part about this shit too is that I have been watching L1vingston's stream (The San Diego Studios producer guy) and for the last 2 hours or something he has been checking his phone to see if there were any updates about the situation and all he could say was that Sony was "looking into it" and that it wasn't an issue on the dev side. I don't understand how this happens for 3 fucking hours and no one on the PSN team can figure out why.

They set it for their local pacific time, guaranteed.

I don't think it's a technical issue. I'd assume since Sony seems to work in pacific time that release is midnight their time. Which is the absolute worst time and a pretty pointless and arbitrary way to go about it.

They set it for their local pacific time, guaranteed.

I have to imagine that is what happened as well, but I can't even imagine the clusterfuck that would occur if it doesn't go up within the next hour. I wouldn't even be so angry if the game wasn't said to be 40 Gig, I am staying up until I can at least start the download because that will take forever.

MickeyPhree

I figured it would take about seven or right hours for me to fully download the game. Since I'm gonna go to bed, the means I'm waiting to download it at nine am if it's even up. Which means I don't get to play till getting into the evening.

When I have the fucking day off of work.

I figured it would take about seven or right hours for me to fully download the game. Since I'm gonna go to bed, the means I'm waiting to download it at nine am if it's even up. Which means I don't get to play till getting into the evening.

When I have the fucking day off of work.

You can still play it after a couple gigs have downloaded iirc.

aro52

Preload should solve a lot of this, but I get the feeling not all games will get the service. THAT will get really annoying, watching Sony give preferential treatment to certain games. Remember, CoD got preload once on PS3. Clearly the tech has been there.

aro52

WTF. Shouldn't it be a snake? Dumbest mascot ever and I never knew they changed it

From Wikipedia:

Baxter the Bobcat is the mascot for the Arizona Diamondbacks.[1] He joined the team in 2000. His full name is D. Baxter the Bobcat. The origin of the name and what the mascot would be was created by Jay Bell's son, Brantley (currently an infielder for the Mississippi Rebels baseball team). Jay Bell was one of the original players on the Diamondbacks 1998 inaugural season roster. Brantly came up with the name D. Baxter the Bobcat from two sources, first "D. Baxter" from the team's short name: "The D-Backs" (D-Backs to D. BAXter), and the Bobcat from the original name of the stadium where the Diamondbacks play. Today called Chase Field, was once called Bank One Ballpark, everyone came to nickname the stadium "BOB" and the "BOBcat" became the mascot, as bobcats are prevalent throughout Arizona.

oatmeal

Banned
The ads on the store said EST and the fact that for three hours everyone on sonys side has been apologizing says that it was t a Pst release. They are just shitting the bed.

Rbk_3

It best be ready when I get off work at 7am eat or I will not be buying anything digital again.

Top Bottom