• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

v1lla21

Are you having issues online this year? Cause it's been great for me.
It was going well until yesterday. Took me 10 minutes to try and connect to FMT. Once we did it was running well until the game froze during the 7th inning. First time online was shoddy for me. It's been running well for the most part which has been good.

Stanng243

So I'm completely new to this series. I bought the 15th anniversary edition, haven't even opened it yet. The Diamond Dynasty seems interesting. Is that a good place to start, or is there a better mode for beginners? Thank you for your help.

PreFire

Lol I just got this as an email from gamespot saying they're giving away this game on pc and xbox

They must not know this is Sony exclusive lol

A-V-B

The "I'm going to score off of you no matter how well you're pitching" aspect of RTTS is really pissing me off in this years version.

I had a really fun RTTS where I was the absolute best player in Triple A -- I actually hit about... 75 home runs in one season, had a godlke batting average, received about ten times more all star votes than anyone else in the minors, helped my team win the championship. I was basically Roy Hobbs. A national sensation. Even people who knew nothing about minor league baseball knew my name.

Then the next season, a mediocre shortstop who is my age is given full playing time for the major league team in spring training and the regular season while I'm relegated to the bench, in the minors, as a third baseman (my alternate position.) It took me a month in-game to get my place in the AAA starting lineup back over the only other shortstop on my team.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
More packs
gSP5pTD.png

More packs
gSP5pTD.png

I saw that shit

Really don't know how to feel about it. I personally am happy I can open packs and have good stuff. But I don't know how this will fare for the rest of DD...whatever I have a stacked team I can't bitch I'm just going to go against more stacked teams now lol.

PreFire

I saw that shit

Really don't know how to feel about it. I personally am happy I can open packs and have good stuff. But I don't know how this will fare for the rest of DD...whatever I have a stacked team I can't bitch I'm just going to go against more stacked teams now lol.

I have one gold player, Alex rios.

My team sucks

Besides buying packs, what's the best way to get lucky rewards?

Play on legend? Does winning or losing matter? When getting a gold player, do you play the team that would have said player? Like if I want Tulowitzki do I play the rockies?

Quick

Banned
Posted in the wrong MLB 15 thread:

Picked up the game on release day, but haven't really had the chance to get into it until now (aside from installing and a couple of games on that same day). Nothing really new for me, and the branded equipment doesn't add much to the realism since I don't really get to see them up close.

I barely played MLB 14 last year, and actually traded it in earlier than I would, so I felt like I got a longer break from The Show than usual.

As an RTTS pitcher, I really enjoy being with NL teams vs. the AL, only because I get to pitch and bat. I'm on AAA with the Nationals farm team, doing okay so far.

The nameplates still bother me, as usual. It's not lined up on the back of jerseys properly. Minor thing, but damn it.

I can't believe I've put Mike Trout on the market ;_;

But it'll be worth it when I have Nolan Ryan and Phil Niekro...

But I feel like I'm selling Ruth to the Yankees

well now I have 91000 to spend WOOOOOOOOO

I traded in my 1K earned Stubbs for a pack and pulled Troy Tulowitzki! My first diamond player. I'm strongly considering selling him as well, since I don't play much DD. I need to check his going rate.

I'm all about that RTTS life...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I've got a Diamond Wainwright and a Diamond Posey.

If I sell those guys will I have enough stubs for a David Price? I'm trying to recreate my fantasy team here.

Afrikan

I can't stand playing against others with horrendous created uniforms or uncoordinated combinations.....in any sports videogame.

lowhigh, that's not your team is it? sorry in advance.

I can't stand playing against others with horrendous created uniforms or uncoordinated combinations.....in any sports videogame.

lowhigh, that's not your team is it? sorry in advance.

No. My team has the black jerseys, grey belt, red undershirts with the white pants. I am the Las Vegas Aliens.

Interesting you say that, because the moment I played that guy the first thing I noticed inning 1 is how fucking distracting it is going to hit this guy.

This other guy I played had like neon colors which really mind-fucked me when it comes to hitting.

I also hate it when people choose ballparks with terrible hitters - eye backdrops. It's like really dude....

theWB27

Other sports games need to get their weight up when it comes to stat tracking cause damn this is bonkers. With that said...these Cardinals suck. How can us batters win anything when the pitching has a 4.50 ERA and have given up 77 more runs than the #1 team. SMH I can't wait till my contract is up.

Other sports games need to get their weight up when it comes to stat tracking cause damn this is bonkers. With that said...these Cardinals suck. How can us batters win anything when the pitching has a 4.50 ERA and have given up 77 more runs than the #1 team. SMH I can't wait till my contract is up.

Yankees in my RTTS are the same, just fucking terrible.

I make a brilliant play in the 2nd inning to save 3 runs from scoring and then flash forward 2 innings later and it's 8-0 Jays.

Why do I even bother

bunting is the fucking worst

i mean the worst

Laying down a bunt or for defense?

For me, base stealing seems off. It seems way too easy to steal bases with anyone with a 50+ speed rating. And all you need is just one extra lead.

Not to mention I can't yet figure out how to throw to second properly. Do I buffer Triangle before the pitch gets to my catcher (as we're all obviously aware that the "RUNNER GOING" before the catcher even catches it. Or do I wait for the catcher to catch the ball and the camera angle to change and then I press and hold triangle.

I wish the game had a specific situation training/practice mode.

Holy fuck I've had a productive day in the diamond dynasty. I have made this exchange, essentially:

Mike Trout
Ian Desmond
Anthony Rendon
Ben Zobrist
Corey Kluber
Madison Bumgarner

for

Nolan Ryan
Phil Niekro
Johnny Bench
Ernie Banks
Rod Carew
Jose Fernandez
Yu Darvish
Johnny Cueto
Cliff Floyd
Jon Lester
Aroldis Chapman
Dante Bichette

Rangers
Angels
Marlins
Cubs
Reds
Rockies

and some other crappy gold cards I needed to fill out the collection

With some of the packs you don't have to collect EVERY player, like in the Angels and Rockies pack, I guess cause they have Trout/Tulowitzki which are near impossible to collect. If I luck into them again though, I can't sell them this time.

theWB27

I make a brilliant play in the 2nd inning to save 3 runs from scoring and then flash forward 2 innings later and it's 8-0 Jays.

Why do I even bother

Yep. I lost a game 15 to 2 earlier today and the pitchers gave up a 8 run lead in two innings couple games later. I've seen the other team have 3 errors, less hits than runs and we still lose somehow.

Xater

Why do I even bother

Yup, the Yankees suuuuuck in this, but kinda just how it is...

I was happy to get picked up by my favorite team, but now I am wondering if I should request a trade.

Does anyone else find that some of the more catcher zoom based camera angles to be more effective than the default 'catcher' cam?

Personally I use Catcher Zoom 2 for hitting.

Oh come on.....

This guy has....

Rod Carew
Mike Trout
Ted Williams
Jeff Bagwell
Miguel Cabrera
Yogi Berra
Mike Schmidt
Adrian Beltre
Yu Darvish

And of course they are terrible lol

Don't run on Yadi

Edit - Another hall of fame team.......I really need to get on that

I know people have been having disconnects and server errors dropping them back to the main menu in Diamond Dynasty, but has anyone else been getting PS4 errors that crash the entire game in DD? It happened last night (I forget how, exactly. I think while trying to load a VS CPU game in DD), and twice today under the same exact circumstances (Loading VS CPU game at Toronto in DD). All three times I get the chance to report the error to Sony, then get booted back to the OS main menu.

On a related note, I got a similar error when playing "Tower of Guns" today after getting kicked out of The Show 15. I'm not sure if anyone here has played that game and knows if it's just that game crashing, or if it's usually stable. Is my PS4, or its hard drive (Samsung 2TB from Seagate external case), going, or is it just the game? I'll provide more information if necessary.

Oh come on.....

This guy has....

Rod Carew
Mike Trout
Ted Williams
Jeff Bagwell
Miguel Cabrera
Yogi Berra
Mike Schmidt
Adrian Beltre
Yu Darvish

And of course they are terrible lol

Don't run on Yadi

Edit - Another hall of fame team.......I really need to get on that
wtf so who played short and outfield

I dunno, I lost 1-0, he hit a homerun with Carew

Darvish is tough

The next game I played another legends team that won 6-4, Matt Cain followed by the top closers in the game

zulux21

man I have issues getting the daily stuff to take. I have 5 stamps and have played this most days since the game came out :/

is there an easy way to get the stamp stuff to come up or do I have to quit the game completely each time?

Striker

I know people have been having disconnects and server errors dropping them back to the main menu in Diamond Dynasty, but has anyone else been getting PS4 errors that crash the entire game in DD? It happened last night (I forget how, exactly. I think while trying to load a VS CPU game in DD), and twice today under the same exact circumstances (Loading VS CPU game at Toronto in DD). All three times I get the chance to report the error to Sony, then get booted back to the OS main menu.
I have only played RTTS as my 3rd baseman, and it has crashed on me several times now. Strangely enough, it is only during batting warmups. Pisses me off. I have everything updated so I have no idea how to fix it.

Hey guys, been loving MLB 15 so far. That RTTS mode is so dope!
But since I don't know much about Baseball I have some questions, I could find some via google already, but some are I couldn't.
Sorry I'm a Euro guy this is my first MLB game since Triple Play 05
I have made a 2B player.

1) What does "guess pitch" do?
2) This dynamic difficulty is killing me. I go .666 one game, then it adjusts and the next game I go 0-4. Wat do?
3) How is the ratio between Left and Right hand pitchers? Should I max out against one or have even stats?
4) What base is the best to steal and what tells does the pitcher give me?

Thanks in advance!

demolitio

With some of the packs you don't have to collect EVERY player, like in the Angels and Rockies pack, I guess cause they have Trout/Tulowitzki which are near impossible to collect. If I luck into them again though, I can't sell them this time.

To clarify, you don't have to collect the players that are rated higher than the legends so that makes the lower-rated legends easier to get. For instance, the highest rated player you need for the Rockies only costs like 3,000 on the market.

I wanted to get Kenny Lofton as an Indians fan, so I sold a gold Carlos Gomez and used the money to get the rest of the Indians besides Corey Kluber (but man do I need him) so it wasn't too bad. It sucks for some of the teams that have a lot of gold players and their legend is rated above them.

I'm 12-2 online with the Reds.

I'm 8-5 online with my DD team. It has been more worth it to spend my stubs on silver player cards than trying my luck at regular packs. My line-up.

Jimmy Rollins SS
Austin Jackson CF
Todd Frazier 1B
David Wright 3B
Jay Bruce RF
Carlos Beltran LF
Martin Prado 2B
Miguel Montero C
Pitcher

1) What does "guess pitch" do?
2) This dynamic difficulty is killing me. I go .666 one game, then it adjusts and the next game I go 0-4. Wat do?
3) How is the ratio between Left and Right hand pitchers? Should I max out against one or have even stats?
4) What base is the best to steal and what tells does the pitcher give me?

Thanks in advance!

1) Guess pitch is the equivalent of your batter predicting what the pitcher will throw his way. It makes the ball flash red once it's thrown. If you guess correctly and it flashes red, you should be able to predict how it will behave from the launching point. For example, if you guess a fastball correctly, you know it will stay pretty damn straight and come in quickly. If you guess curveball, expect it to drop a bunch, maybe even out of the strike zone.

2) I loved dynamic difficulty up to a point, then I just settled on the mode I feel best in (All-Star). You should be able to figure out where you are most comfortable and adjust on your own. If you choose veteran and find yourself blasting the ball too much, go up a notch. Keep in mind that the best pro players hit in the .315 to .330 range. If you're constantly getting 2-3 hits per game, you might want to up the difficulty, unless you just enjoy being a demigod in game.

3) I like to keep my stats relatively balanced. You are likely to face more right handed pitchers than lefties, but I wouldn't want to deliberately gimp myself in any situation.

4) Stealing in this game is pretty easy if you have a decent amount of speed with your player and get a decent jump. I would only really suggest trying to steal from first to second base. Stealing third is more difficult and you're likely to get thrown out unless you have lots of speed and great reaction time. My trick is to wait second or two prior to using the right trigger (I believe R1) to get a bit more of a lead off. I find if you take an immediate lead off, the pitcher AI almost always tries to pick you off. Keep holding left on the stick even with the lead off, so you will dive back to first if the pitcher tosses that way.

After that, it's all timing. You have to hit right on the stick the instant you see the pitcher going into his windup motion...the earlier the jump, the better. Keep in mind that there are factors outside of your control. If the pitcher throws a slow change up instead of a fastball, you have a way better chance of beating the throw from the catcher to second. The catcher's arm strength and accuracy also play a huge part. Some catchers suck and make stealing easy, others are very difficult. Always slide toward the base to avoid the tag. At least on Veteran and All-Star difficulty, I find stealing in this game a bit too easy once you get your speed and timing up.

hiryu2015

I want to keep playing Diamond Dynasty but losing two of my first three games by 2-run blown saves in the 9th was killer. In both games, my team then struggled through extras before the bullpen imploded and I ended up losing both by 3+ runs. I need to upgrade from Brandon League but haven't done any work on my DD roster.

It could also be me getting impatient at the plate after losing the lead but I was launching the ball after one of those blown saves, but they all died at the warning track. It's a long season haha.

1) Guess pitch is the equivalent of your batter predicting what the pitcher will throw his way. It makes the ball flash red once it's thrown. If you guess correctly and it flashes red, you should be able to predict how it will behave from the launching point. For example, if you guess a fastball correctly, you know it will stay pretty damn straight and come in quickly. If you guess curveball, expect it to drop a bunch, maybe even out of the strike zone.

2) I loved dynamic difficulty up to a point, then I just settled on the mode I feel best in (All-Star). You should be able to figure out where you are most comfortable and adjust on your own. If you choose veteran and find yourself blasting the ball too much, go up a notch. Keep in mind that the best pro players hit in the .315 to .330 range. If you're constantly getting 2-3 hits per game, you might want to up the difficulty, unless you just enjoy being a demigod in game.

3) I like to keep my stats relatively balanced. You are likely to face more right handed pitchers than lefties, but I wouldn't want to deliberately gimp myself in any situation.

4) Stealing in this game is pretty easy if you have a decent amount of speed with your player and get a decent jump. I would only really suggest trying to steal from first to second base. Stealing third is more difficult and you're likely to get thrown out unless you have lots of speed and great reaction time. My trick is to wait second or two prior to using the right trigger (I believe R1) to get a bit more of a lead off. I find if you take an immediate lead off, the pitcher AI almost always tries to pick you off. Keep holding left on the stick even with the lead off, so you will dive back to first if the pitcher tosses that way.

After that, it's all timing. You have to hit right on the stick the instant you see the pitcher going into his windup motion...the earlier the jump, the better. Keep in mind that there are factors outside of your control. If the pitcher throws a slow change up instead of a fastball, you have a way better chance of beating the throw from the catcher to second. The catcher's arm strength and accuracy also play a huge part. Some catchers suck and make stealing easy, others are very difficult. Always slide toward the base to avoid the tag. At least on Veteran and All-Star difficulty, I find stealing in this game a bit too easy once you get your speed and timing up.

Thank you so much! I think most game guides never touch on these subjects, because everybody grew up watching Baseball as kid. You helped me out a lot!
Anyway great game, great sport!

theWB27

The trade logic is baffling in RTTS. We already have the worst pitching staff in the league (ERA is almost at 5) and they just traded away our ace, who was only rated 82, for a closing pitcher when we already have Tyler Clippard. I have no idea who that CP was either.

Do the roster updates ever change stats at all? Also, anyway to use them in an already started franchise? Thanks!!

Yeah, the roster updates will change the stats if need be. I don't think they will change is RTTSand Franchise once you start them. They do for online head to head games though.

zulux21

I have only played RTTS as my 3rd baseman, and it has crashed on me several times now. Strangely enough, it is only during batting warmups. Pisses me off. I have everything updated so I have no idea how to fix it.

I haven't had any crashes just repeated base running glitches.

I've last track of the number of times my player has just run through second even though I release everything from my controller well before second, and this includes a number of times on a steal I have slid into second only to get up 5 seconds later and try to run to third even though I am not touching the controller.

my player also has an obsession with sliding into third. Double down the line and I start on second... SLIDE INTO THIRD while the ball is bouncing against the fence and then get thrown out at the plate by a step because you slid into third @_@

zychi

Banned
So this doesnt let you go from ps3 to ps4 for rtts? I upload to the cloud via ps3 and nothing appears on ps4's cloud downlod option

Top Bottom