• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

hesido

For The Show '15, this is 1 year longer than any previous iteration in the series.

I see what you did there!

The aren't pulling the plug now. Read at the bottom of the article.

http://t.co/NEaTOP2Y8D

Oh, thanks for the heads up. It's good that Sony has listened. I still tend to think pulling the plug was bad for business overall, whether the online experience was shitty or not.

Anyway, I understand much of the charm comes from the single player aspect for most of you guys.

Played one game at midnight last night. Adjusted all my setting and played a game against the CPU. All-Star hitting, HoF pitching. I played as the Reds and played the Cubs. Lost 6-3 in the 9th. Popped two homers in the game and it was as satisfying as ever. I swear no sports game captures that feel better than The Show.

Its pretty damn close to perfection. I wish madden payed as much attention to detail.

DWinn7

I'm tempted to buy this game minus the reviews of online play. Hmmmmm

I need confirmation that it's stable. Anyone?

So I just picked this up since I haven't played a baseball game in quite a while. Any tips for somebody new to the series? I played 2k so I prefer the stick controls, at least for batting. Still not sure on pitching.

I usually only play RTTS but this year I'm branching out and participating in the GAF online league, and I also want to check out Diamond Dynasty but I have no idea what it is.

Can someone give me the TLDR of DD?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just picked this up! Surprised there are no reviews yet but I loved mlb 14 so I'm sure this will be an improvement. Excited to check out DD this year. I usually only fuck with RTTS but I've been reading a lot of good things about DD.

Dunbar

I usually wait and pick up The Show in August or September, once it's on sale for $20, but this year I decided to grab it on release date.

I've only ever played the franchise/manager mode, but it sounds like tons of people really like RTTS. Is it that good that it's worth investing your season in above the traditional franchise mode? Franchise does get a little grindy but it seems to me like starting in A ball (or rookie ball?) and trying to work your way up could be even worse, honestly.

I usually wait and pick up The Show in August or September, once it's on sale for $20, but this year I decided to grab it on release date.

I've only ever played the franchise/manager mode, but it sounds like tons of people really like RTTS. Is it that good that it's worth investing your season in above the traditional franchise mode? Franchise does get a little grindy but it seems to me like starting in A ball (or rookie ball?) and trying to work your way up could be even worse, honestly.

RTTS is fantastic it's pretty much all I have played. You can simulate a couple of seasons if you want to speed things up. Personally I enjoy playing every game, it takes me about 2 or 3 full seasons to reach the big leagues. But the payoff the first time you get called up to your major league team, the first time you hit a HR in the bigs...your first walkoff....man...there's no feeling like it

alterno69

Banned
I skipped this last year, but this is great so far, played a couple of exhibition matches and it feels and looks good so far.

Is there a game mode similar to Maddens connected franchise here?

Took about 15 minutes for me. Try installing again? That seems awfully long.

I was reading the Operation Sports forums. If anyone has this problem. Completely turn off the PS4. Turn it back on again and load the game again, it resumes the install. Doing this now.

*Update*

Yup works like a charm. Install bar is moving at a steady pace now. Also some users just restarted the system without turning it off completely and it fixes the problem.

NYCrooner

The Show has been a system seller for me. This year in particular, I need it to be great because the PS4 just doesn't appeal to me yet. Can't wait to play it at my lil' bros place.

I didn't push the share button but it seems to be always recording my play. Is this normal?

PS4 is like a DVR - always recording the last ___ minutes (default and max is 15 but you can make it less if you want) so that if something cool happens you will always have captured it.

However, the clips won't be saved unless you press Share to bring up the menu and then Square button to save the clip.

If you are talking about the message saying "This scene has been blocked for recording" that keeps popping up - you can disable that

There is one for just this recording. You don't have to turn off all notifications.

Go to the Share Menu, then press the Options button, then Share Settings, then Video Clip Settings, then uncheck the box for Display Icon for Blocked Scenes

BFIB

Played a few exhibition games. Some thoughts:

-Lighting looks phenomenal. Especially in the transition to nighttime games.
-Already saw a few new animations. Need to really get a good jump on hard hit balls in the outfield now.
-I seem to get a little better read on pitches, and it looks like you can get the ball in the zone longer than last year. Going to take awhile to adjust to the new hitting window (I use timing)

TKdude

Neo Member
PS4 is like a DVR - always recording the last ___ minutes (default and max is 15 but you can make it less if you want) so that if something cool happens you will always have captured it.

However, the clips won't be saved unless you press Share to bring up the menu and then Square button to save the clip.

If you are talking about the message saying "This scene has been blocked for recording" that keeps popping up - you can disable that

Awesome thanks, I didn't know that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Going to buy the game tonight. What exactly are you getting with the version that costs $10 more? I assume its just free packs or some shit? Guess I'll just pick up the cheaper one

Going to buy the game tonight. What exactly are you getting with the version that costs $10 more? I assume its just free packs or some shit? Guess I'll just pick up the cheaper one

some training point stubs and controller decals is all i remember. and I think you get 30 MLB dynamic themes for PS4 but really most people are just gonna use one.

didn't seem worth it to me but then again its only 10 bucks

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

To not look at Puig too. Don't forget that. The steel book is really nice looking too. But yea packs for DD, training points for RTTS and Dynamic PS4 themes for all MLB teams.

GravyButt

Had a chance to rob a game winning home run, but didn't know how. I was super super close though I think. Sucks because I was down by 4 and tied it up in the top of the 9th. :(

Had a chance to rob a game winning home run, but didn't know how. I was super super close though I think. Sucks because I was down by 4 and tied it up in the top of the 9th. :(

I think you press R1 when running up to the wall to try and reel it in but it's been a few years since I played an outfield player

DietRob

I use up on the right stick to rob hr's or catch foul balls going out of play not sure if there is another way.

Are the anniversary edition stubs and packs supposed to be available right when you start? I had the install bug and don't have any packs unlocked or stubs in my account.

Edit: I'm dumb, you have to unlock it within a menu on the game.

DietRob

Yup I knew how to jump, but no clue how to properly time it. Saw red and orange bullseye that kept shrinking.

You want to jump when the red dot makes it to it's smallest form. It helps to also time your run to the wall instead of just standing on the marker and jumping when the dot turns red.

GravyButt

You want to jump when the red dot makes it to it's smallest form. It helps to also time your run to the wall instead of just standing on the marker and jumping when the dot turns red.
Ahh thats what I figured. Think maybe my angle was just off. Oh well was pretty epic!

SpaceHorror

Is the vita version worth it if you don't have 14? I'm going on vacation this weekend and for 20 bucks it could give me something to do during down time.

Top Bottom