• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

BFIB

Colby is a headcase, but without that trade, we never win the WS in 2011.

I always enjoy reading Tony Rasmus comments. What a fun house that had to be to grow up in.

It's a shame he didn't get elected into the hall of fame. Great guy as well.

edit:
Statement by the President on the Passing of Minnie Minoso

For South Siders and Sox fans all across the country, including me, Minnie Minoso is and will always be “Mr. White Sox.”

The first black Major Leaguer in Chicago, Minnie came to the United States from Cuba even though he could have made more money elsewhere. He came up through the Negro Leagues, and didn’t speak much English at first. And as he helped to integrate baseball in the 1950s, he was a target of racial slurs from fans and opponents, sometimes forced to stay in different motels from his teammates. But his speed, his power – and his resilient optimism – earned him multiple All-Star appearances and Gold Gloves in left field, and he became one of the most dominant and dynamic players of the 1950s.

Minnie may have been passed over by the Baseball Hall of Fame during his lifetime, but for me and for generations of black and Latino young people, Minnie’s quintessentially American story embodies far more than a plaque ever could.

Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to his family and fans in Chicago, Cleveland, and around the world.

Just downloaded the new MLB.TV app and got all the updates in so I won't be screwed 10 minutes before game time on Tuesday. 42 hours to go people!!!

jbug617

Banned
I don't know what is going on. Apparently it's turning into Betts vs Castillo for the CF job. Just trade Victorino and let Betts take over.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Colby is a headcase, but without that trade, we never win the WS in 2011.

I always enjoy reading Tony Rasmus comments. What a fun house that had to be to grow up in.

Hopefully he turns it around in Houston.

I'm excited that they have a real major league roster to work with now.

Hopefully he turns it around in Houston.

I'm excited that they have a real major league roster to work with now.

I'm glad he's not a Jay anymore. He was terrible offensively, but did make some great defensive plays.

He could never get it all to come together.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm glad he's not a Jay anymore. He was terrible offensively, but did make some great defensive plays.

He could never get it all to come together.

If he could come close, match or surpass what he did the season prior, I'd be OK with that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Really?

3GqKmIr.png

zulux21

now that my mlb.tv sub lapsed I can finally see the monthly prices again @_@

so gonna jump on a month in a month and see how my team does from there.

still undecided if I am going to keep my mlb the show order though.

likely will let it ride for a bit longer and see if the LE sells out or not, if it doesn't I will likely cancel and wait for a sale on it. though we will see how much spring training hypes me up.

likely will let it ride for a bit longer and see if the LE sells out or not, if it doesn't I will likely cancel and wait for a sale on it. though we will see how much spring training hypes me up.
Wait there is a month subscription now? I would do that as well.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I usually wait until there's a super special going on. $130 is just too much imo. I get the last part of the season for about 15 bucks or something.

Wait there is a month subscription now? I would do that as well.

They've always had monthly subscriptions.

The Cubs fan section is basically just AA meetings.

Edit: Oh my god the Phillies actually lost against the college team? A D2 college team? Good lord.

aFIGurANT

The penny-pinching going on with .tv is hilarious to me. I mean I know all at once that's sort of a chunk of cash, but really? Do the simple math and you'll find that you're paying less than a dollar a game for one team's season. If you watch more than one team, well you're looking at like dimes a game.

Is MLB-GAF all living on foodstamps or what??

Edit: Oh my god the Phillies actually lost against the college team? A D2 college team? Good lord.

Saw this earlier and I chuckled. I know ST games aren't supposed to be taken seriously but man oh man it speaks volumes about the Phillies. I'll be shocked if they don't compile the worst record in the MLB. I can honestly not think of another team that will be capable to lose as many games as them. Maybe the Rockies if Tulo gets injured early enough.

eznark

Banned
The Cubs fan section is basically just AA meetings.

First spring training? It's a blast to watch. Enjoy yourself, but try not to care too much about the outcomes.

The penny-pinching going on with .tv is hilarious to me. I mean I know all at once that's sort of a chunk of cash, but really? Do the simple math and you'll find that you're paying less than a dollar a game for one team's season. If you watch more than one team, well you're looking at like dimes a game.

Is MLB-GAF all living on foodstamps or what??

Yeah Mlb.tv is the greatest deal in sports. You also get the MLB App which is fantastic.

Parch

I'm glad he's not a Jay anymore.
Yeah, he wasn't doing anything. It was blatently obvious that the Jays had zero interest in resigning Rasmus anyway. I'm actually not surprised that there are hints of him having problems with other players. It was pretty obvious that this guy needed to move on. Better for him, better for the Jays.

Beckx

Bucs Black v Gold game starting now, I'd rather see that than any of their upcoming spring games dammit.

They missed out on a PR storyline by not starting Mercer on Black w/ Kang starting for Gold.

This is the first time since 2011 a college team has won. What do you mean it happens all the time?

Look I'm not saying the Phillies fifth string AAA team getting beat is the reason they're going to suck so so so so badly. I'm saying it's a perfect representation of the fact that the Phillies are absolutely going to be garbage this year. You couldn't write a better starting point for a terrible year.

zychi

Banned
Yeah Mlb.tv is the greatest deal in sports. You also get the MLB App which is fantastic.
But why buy it now if you can get it in May for half price? If you're not a small market team fan(excluding those poor no-money Cardinals) most of your teams games are on locally or national tv with a sports sub. The show has had deals included with the game a few times too.

Top Bottom