• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

jbug617

Banned
Crasnick is reporting that it looks like the Sandoval deal is going to be 5yrs around $80m-$90m. Red Sox and the Giants are the most serious.

Lexxism

With the signing of Martin, hopefully he can catch Dickey's knuckleball. We don't want Dickey taking 2 spots in the roster anymore

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LaRoche interest from a few teams:

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Marlins, #WhiteSox, #Padres all have checked in on LaRoche, at minimum. Other teams view him as contingency if they make trades.

Rosenthal also mentioning Swisher trade possibilities:

The Indians are exploring a number of trade possibilities, including scenarios in which they could move Nick Swisher and his remaining $30MM for another player with an inflated contract, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (All Twitter links).

Rosenthal lists names like B.J. Upton ($46.35MM through 2017), Ubaldo Jimenez ($38.75MM through 2017) and Ryan Howard ($60MM through 2016) as examples of other inflated contracts while being careful to note that the Indians aren’t necessarily interested in anyone from that grouping. Other players on bloated contracts include Edwin Jackson ($22MM through 2016), John Danks ($28.5MM through 2016), Cody Ross ($10.5MM through 2015) and Ricky Nolasco ($37MM through 2017), to say nothing of Dodgers outfielders Carl Crawford and Andre Ethier (though that duo is a particularly difficult fit in Cleveland).

Swisher, signed to a four-year, $56MM contract heading into the 2013 season, played well in his inaugural campaign in his home state of Ohio, hitting .246/.321/.423 with 22 homers. However, his offense fell off a cliff in 2014, as he batted just .208/.278/.331 while his strikeout rate soared to a career-worst 27.7 percent and his walk rate dropped to a career-worst nine percent.

Meanwhile in Dodgers land:

Bob Nightengale @BNightengale

The #Dodgers are aggressively pursuing #Whitesox shortstop Alexei Ramirez in trade talks.

Malvingt2

Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN
#Cardinals have joined the Red Sox, Cubs and Braves in pursuit of Jon Lester according to a club source which makes sense after Miller trade

wait!! but but Braves have no money? wtf

Enron

Banned
i dont see the Lester thing going anywhere, but I can see the reasons why the Braves might want to spend money there.

pitching is (somewhat) at an abundance this off-season compared to other years.

Hitting is really weak this year in FA.

You value that knockout ace #1 more than an OF of Heyward or Upton's caliber and would rather spend your wad there

Easier to develop/run in to bats than an ace SP

How old are you? You are the only person who thinks this is actually going to work out.

Wait til you finally hit the denial stage of being a Cubs fan. ALWAYS expect the worst.
Meh. I'm an optimist as a Cubs fan. I was only 11 when 2003 occured so I don't feel the sting that much.

zychi

Banned
Meh. I'm an optimist as a Cubs fan. I was only 11 when 2003 occured so I don't feel the sting that much.

Give it a year or two. You'll either become a real miserable Cubs fan, or you'll flake off like most Cubs "Fans."

May as well post the "how to save the wii u" blackboard with cubs stuff on it.

Ryno is the answer!
Sammy is the answer!
Prior and Wood are going to take us all the way!
Dusty is the answer!
Lou is the answer!
Theo and Jed are the answer!
I hope they are
Maddon is the answer!

Repeat cycle

really? but I've just never seen Heyward as reaching the heights they project him to.

Over the last 3 years Heyward has been worth 6.3, 3.4, 5.1 fWAR. Kimbrel has been worth 3.3, 2.2, 2.2 fWAR.

An everyday outfielder with good defense and above average (120, 121, 110 wRC+) offense tends to be worth a lot more than a really good closer.

Enron

Banned
Give it a year or two. You'll either become a real miserable Cubs fan, or you'll flake off like most Cubs "Fans."

May as well post the "how to save the wii u" blackboard with cubs stuff on it.

Ryno is the answer!
Sammy is the answer!
Prior and Wood are going to take us all the way!
Dusty is the answer!
Lou is the answer!
Theo and Jed are the answer!
I hope they are
Maddon is the answer!

Repeat cycle

David Letterman had a gag in the late 80s/early 90s like this. A couple of times in the top 10 lists from that era he had "This is the year Shawon Dunston develops!" or something to that effect.

That seems like a lot for a one dimensional player that has been on a steady decline the past 3 years.

image.php

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Braves are paying Dan Uggla $13 million next season and B.J. Upton $46 million over the next 3 seasons. You don't get to complain.

BJ Upton, Dan Uggla and Chris Johnson are making 33.65 million next year for the Braves and will probably provide zero value.

Seeing Loria get up there and talk (which he only does when good things happen) makes me want to throw my remote at the TV

Giancarlo looks like he hates him too

LMFAO some of these questions and loria's expression

HAHAHAHA

instead, as the reporter is asking an uncomfortable question, loria keeps staring straight at samson, and samson comes to take the cover for him

piece
of
shit

Red Sox offer to Lester is at least 5 years. Have a feeling they are going to have to go 6 at least. But who knows, if he really wants to go back then it may not matter.

Top Bottom