• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

jbug617

Banned
San Francisco writer thinks Panda to Boston is going to happen.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...nts-boston-red-sox-toronto-blue-jays-gameday/
After speaking with two sources, here’s what I’ve been able to put together:

The Giants offered Pablo the same contract given to Hunter Pence, five years at $90 million. Sandoval wanted that deal last Spring when Giants were justifiably suspicious about Pablo’s physical condition. But when that offer came after the World Series, Sandoval countered by asking for a seven year deal.

Sandoval was in Boston yesterday where I am told there is a 90 percent chance that he will sign with the Red Sox. The other 10 percent goes to the Toronto Blue Jays.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think Sandoval is pissed at the Giants FO is the reason he asked for 7.

Or it's just negotiation at work. The word for a while is that he wanted a 6 year deal at least, which would be meeting in the middle of those two offers.

Watch Toronto jump in with an 8 year offer, lol.

BFIB

Can't blame the Giants for questioning Sandovals condition. Whoever gives him his big payday is going to regret it later.

aFIGurANT

I had a dream last night that Spring Training was almost over and I was missing my fantasy draft. Not sure how to feel knowing I didn't miss it but that that time is still like half a year away. At least the MLB offseason is kind of a spectacle in itself, I guess.

Time for Matt Duffy at 3rd next year!

laugh.gif

jbug617

Banned
I already know what is going to happen. They are going to do that offer, Cubs will offer 6/140 and then Sox will match. Same thing that happened with Anibal Sanchez :(.

yeah. seems like the Red Sox offer was their opening offer and probably end up changing based off what other teams are offering.

You'd be eating cost anyway, so sounds good! He has been dealing with injuries, not much you can do about that.

No, he couldn't pitch when he was healthy either....

One possible explanation is his success was due to batters chasing a lot of pitches out of the zone and once they learned to lay off those pitches he just walked everyone

His stuff was never good enough to go after guys in the zone

jbug617

Banned
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bo...willingness-to-negotiate-after-initial-offer/

According to a source familiar with the situation, the Red Sox have made it clear that there will be a “willingness to negotiate” with Jon Lester and his representatives after extending an offer during the two sides’ meeting earlier this week.

While a Boston Globe report suggested the Sox’ offer was for six years at between $110-120 million, the source suggested the team’s initial offseason proposal was part of a more complex discussion about potential contract parameters.

edit: Olney said executives think the Cubs will sign Lester
https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/535465559006396416

MLB explored speeding up the game during the Arizona Fall League this year:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...eball-addresses-pace-play-arizona-fall-league
• Hitters were required to keep one foot in the batter's box throughout each at-bat, except in the case of a foul ball, wild pitch, chin music that made a hitter sprawl out of the box, passed ball or a handful of other minor disruptions.

• The one-foot-in-the-box rule didn't apply at Salt River Field at Talking Stick, where the 20-second clock ensured that pitchers and hitters would tend to business as quickly as possible. When a pitcher allowed the clock to lapse, the umpire signaled ball. When the hitter was at fault, it resulted in a strike.

There was no mandate for pitchers to be set or actually deliver the ball in 20 seconds. The countdown clock stopped when a pitcher began his motion in the windup or began to come set in the stretch. Otherwise, baserunners would have been able to time each pitcher's delivery and steal at will.

• On intentional walks, the catcher flashed four fingers and the hitter immediately jogged to first base.

• Teams were allowed a total of three mound conferences per game. Although that might sound oppressive, MLB officials said it was rare for a team to even make two visits during Fall League games.

• A maximum 2:05 break was in effect between innings, and hitters were required to be in the box by the 1:45 mark.

• A 2:30 break applied during pitching changes. Like the 2:05 stoppage between innings, that's the same guideline used in MLB regular-season games. But umpires made a stricter effort to enforce it in Arizona

Top Bottom