• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox, Giants and Padres are offering Sandoval around the same amount.

@nickcafardo: Among Red Sox, Giants and Padres - little separation on money being offered to Sandoval - in that 5-year, $90-95m range. Jays wavering..

zulux21

Red Sox, Giants and Padres are offering Sandoval around the same amount.

you know I know he has had some weight issues, but I find it hard to believe no one is offering at least 5/100... the 5 years would be the prime years of his career (or should be) so he should manage to maintain being a 3+ WAR player (assuming he keeps his weight under control which you could word things to make sure he does keep it under control... make it base 5/60 with 40 mil in intensives for staying below certain weights ect), which average WAR value right now is 7 mil per WAR so 21 mil per season would make sense for him given the market prices o_O

I hope the Giants don't get Sandoval. He is obviously a good player, especially in the playoffs, but $100 million for him is waaay too much considering how he has just been an above average player the last couple of regular seasons.

Plus, the negative opinions about him in the locker room and his weight problems, I don't think he's going to be worth it.

Sanjuro

I hope the Giants don't get Sandoval. He is obviously a good player, especially in the playoffs, but $100 million for him is waaay too much considering how he has just been an above average player the last couple of regular seasons.

Plus, the negative opinions about him in the locker room and his weight problems, I don't think he's going to be worth it.

Well good thing it isn't coming out of your pockets.

jbug617

Banned
Braves taking offers on on Justin Upton.
http://nypost.com/2014/11/21/braves-shopping-justin-upton-at-a-steep-price/

The Braves are very much shopping Justin Upton and are requesting a higher return than they received earlier this week when they dealt their other corner outfielder, Jason Heyward.

However, the interest in Upton is described by a person familiar with the talks as significant — the Astros, Rangers and others have inquired — and an executive from another team flatly said, “Justin Upton will be moved.

Enron

Banned
Liking what I am hearing today.

Braves seeking a larger return for Upton than Hewyard, heavy interest

Now frontrunners to sign Yasmany Tomas

If Hart can get the same or slightly better return for Upton and replace Upton's power with this Yasmany cat for less money over the next 5 years this will have been a masterful offseason.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Liking what I am hearing today.

Braves seeking a larger return for Upton than Hewyard, heavy interest

Now frontrunners to sign Yasmany Tomas

If Hart can get the same or slightly better return for Upton and replace Upton's power with this Yasmany cat for less money over the next 5 years this will have been a masterful offseason.

I just hope they plan to improve the OF defense over its current, Heyward-less arrangement. Teheran, Miller, Minor are all FB-heavy pitchers after all.

aFIGurANT

I just hope they plan to improve the OF defense over its current, Heyward-less arrangement. Teheran, Miller, Minor are all FB-heavy pitchers after all.

Upton_error_1.gif

jbug617

Banned
Andrew Miller going to get paid.

@jonmorosi: Free agent Andrew Miller already has multiple offers of at least 3 years, source says; increasingly likely he will sign a 4-year deal.

@jonmorosi: Offers will make Andrew Miller highest-paid reliever ever (by AAV) who does not have closing experience; current record is $6M/year.

Parch

Jays are not getting better without further additions. The Melky situation is not sounding good. Lind, Gose and Rasmus gone. Navarro wants out. Francisco lost to waivers.
Just Martin and prospects are not going to make this team better, and adding Torii Hunter isn't going to make me jump for joy, but the budget just isn't there for significant additions.

Yankees need to get on the Justin Upton sweepstakes. And The Braves can't possibly believe they'll have that much leverage when he's a FA after this year. Take Gardner and Gary Sanchez and be grateful.

Malo

Banned
Yankees need to get on the Justin Upton sweepstakes. And The Braves can't possibly believe they'll have that much leverage when he's a FA after this year. Take Gardner and Gary Sanchez and be grateful.
I'd do that in a heartbeat, but I assume they want young cost controlled pitching and the Yankees don't really have that.

Enron

Banned

The Braves are going to want to help restock the farm with an Upton deal. Would rather keep him for a year and lose him rather than trade him for Yankee castoff garbage.

Enron

Banned
Typical stanks, thinking your players and prospects are 20x better than they actually are.

Gardner is already 31 years old, is owed 52 million dollars over the next 4 years, and is already in a decline phase. For a player whose main value is speed on the basepaths, that's a bad mix. His speed is already starting to evaporate.

No wonder yankees fans are so keen on the idea of trading him.

Why the hell would the Braves want that?

zulux21

i'm glad it is a short term contract, and given his stats is a fair contract, which seems to be rare in this off season so far.

I am glad this is done now though so they can stop talking about how they need a left handed power bat. I was really worried the offer to LaRoche was going to be more like 3 years 50 mil.... so I can be happy enough with this signing even though I am still sick and tired of high strike out low average left handed batters in general >.> (though looking at his last three seasons LaRoche has shown improvement with lowering strike outs and increasing walks in general so perhaps he will continue to improve there) At the very least LaRoche looks like a better player than Adam Dunn (a signing I hated from the moment they announced it) and it's at lower cost so I can't complain much.

Malo

Banned
Typical stanks, thinking your players and prospects are 20x better than they actually are.

Gardner is already 31 years old, is owed 52 million dollars over the next 4 years, and is already in a decline phase. For a player whose main value is speed on the basepaths, that's a bad mix. His speed is already starting to evaporate.

No wonder yankees fans are so keen on the idea of trading him.

Why the hell would the Braves want that?
We need power and Gardner is one of the few Yankees that has trade value. He's also a bit redundant with Ellsbury on the roster.

Gardner would be the Braves best position player outside of Freeman. His base running value was the highest this past season since 2011, and he put up back to back 3.2 fwar seasons. That's a decline? What the hell are you talking about?

Stick to your disgusting two-teaming ways.

Malo

Banned
I wonder if the Giants match or surpass that offer. Do Giants' fans want him back at $100mm or more? I wouldn't.

Top Bottom