• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Enron

Banned
We need power and Gardner is one of the few Yankees that has trade value. He's also a bit redundant with Ellsbury on the roster.

Gardner would be the Braves best position player outside of Freeman. His base running value was the highest this past season since 2011, and he put up back to back 3.2 fwar seasons. That's a decline? What the hell are you talking about?

Stick to your disgusting two-teaming ways.

back to back 3.2 WAR seasons....care to take a look at his WAR from 2010/2011? That, my friend, is a decline. Also convenient that you just zeroed in on his base running value and ignored everything else. Typical Yankee! If Brett Gardner is so god-damnned awesome, why the fuck do Yankees fans all want to see the guy get traded?

Yes, DECLINE. DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE. He'll be 32 years old in 2015, and his main asset is speed. Guess what tool is guaranteed to decline as baseball players get older? Add to that he's owed 52 million dollars over the next 4 years. No thank you. This ain't fantasy baseball.

If you lot want J-Up then just sign him to a 25m aav contract next season when he's a free agent. Brett Gardner is useless to the Braves, given the organization's goals.

jbug617

Banned
Latest on Panda
@Ken_Rosenthal: Spoke with Sandoval’s agent, Gustavo Vasquez. Said that Sandoval has offers from #RedSox, #SFGiants, #Padres and will decide next week.

@Ken_Rosenthal: I asked Vasquez about @JohnSheaHey report that #Padres have high bid for Sandoval. He declined to say, but said offers all were “close.”

@Ken_Rosenthal: Possible that Sandoval could pick the team he wants, ask them to reach a number and close the deal that way with any of three bidders.

back to back 3.2 WAR seasons....care to take a look at his WAR from 2010/2011? That, my friend, is a decline. Also convenient that you just zeroed in on his base running value and ignored everything else. Typical Yankee! If Brett Gardner is so god-damnned awesome, why the fuck do Yankees fans all want to see the guy get traded?

Yes, DECLINE. DECLINE DECLINE DECLINE. He'll be 32 years old in 2015, and his main asset is speed. Guess what tool is guaranteed to decline as baseball players get older? Add to that he's owed 52 million dollars over the next 4 years. No thank you. This ain't fantasy baseball.

If you lot want J-Up then just sign him to a 25m aav contract next season when he's a free agent. Brett Gardner is useless to the Braves, given the organization's goals.

so butthurt. take Gardner and like it. also, 's not owed 52 in the next four years, he signed a FOUR year deal worth 52 last year which means he has three years left on the contract. and where do you get that supermalo= all Yankee fans? he's the only one calling for Gardner to be traded.

Oh, how about that. Enron correct. Yankees council cant even get their facts straight.

so? you're still a butthurt two teamer because a Yankee fan dares to suggest that the great B.J Upton be traded. Yankees would be doing the Braves a favor and you know it.
and you're still wrong on all your other anecdotes.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
That contract really does kill any interest the Braves might have in Gardner. It's not that he's a bad player, he's just not at all what the Braves are looking for. And his age matters a lot too.

Enron

Banned
so? you're still a butthurt two teamer because a Yankee fan dares to suggest that the great B.J Upton be traded. Yankees would be doing the Braves a favor and you know it.
and you're still wrong on all your other anecdotes.

You can't even keep straight which Upton we are even talking about.

Also, only in Yankee-land is a 3.2 WAR season NOT a decline from a 6 and 5 WAR season, apparently.

Also, Gardner isn't stealing less bases. I must be imagining that. And he must not really be in his 30s. I'm imagining that, too. I guess I am also dreaming that last season's OBP was his lowest since 2008. Oh wait all that shit was true.

lol

All this is pointless because J-Up is not getting dealt to the yankees. If they called with a deal like that Hart hangs up the phone immediately. He might even add Cashman's number to his block list.

Opiate

These Lester/Cards rumors are baffling. Unless it's to drive up the price for the Cubs or something.

I think there is some of that to it, but there is also the fact that Wainright just had surgery and is 4 years removed from Tommy John, which is historically when elbows start to go bad again, on average.

CygnusXS

I think there is some of that to it, but there is also the fact that Wainright just had surgery and is 4 years removed from Tommy John, which is historically when elbows start to go bad again, on average.
It's probably safe to assume that if they sign Lester, then they can't also sign Heyward, right? If so, then I hope they get Lester.

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox trying to land Panda and Hanley
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...-mega-free-agent-double-play-panda-and-hanley
The Red Sox are known to be in the middle of talks for star third baseman Sandoval, and after remaining in contact with Ramirez since as far back as the GM meetings, they are believed to be possibly moving toward an agreement with the star shortstop.

The Red Sox could even make it a triple play if they are able to lure both those positional stars, plus their former ace Jon Lester, who they are also talking to.

While it's unclear what position Ramirez might play if he goes to Boston (or even if the Red Sox can fit both positional stars, though indications suggest they can), there's no doubt the Red Sox are in play for Sandoval and Ramirez at the moment.

Sandoval has offers in hand from the incumbent World Series champion Giants, plus the Red Sox and Padres, and his agent Gustavo Vazquez said Sandoval should have a decision by next week. Vazquez declined comment about who leads, only suggesting that all three offers are in the same range (it's believed the Padres are at about $100 million over five years, the Red Sox $95 million and the Giants $90 million), but one person familiar with Sandoval's talks suggested that at one point over the weekend, at least, Sandoval may be leaning toward Boston.

Ramirez was known to be talking to the Red Sox, which was first reported by CBSSports.com weeks ago, but suggestions are that those talks have grown more serious in recent days.

Opiate

It's probably safe to assume that if they sign Lester, then they can't also sign Heyward, right? If so, then I hope they get Lester.

They have 75M total in investments pre-Heyward. They were as high as 110 before the recent TV deal, and could reasonably be expected to hit 125M without breaking the bank. They have lots of room thanks to having so many young players.

CygnusXS

They have 75M total in investments pre-Heyward. They were as high as 110 before the recent TV deal, and could reasonably be expected to hit 125M without breaking the bank. They have lots of room thanks to having so many young players.
>:|

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Source: Hanley Ramirez headed to Boston tomorrow to finalize deal with #RedSox.

Back to Boston eh

Top Bottom