• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

5/$90 million to a guy with a good bat who can't stay healthy and has no place to play in the field and his entering his 30s. What could possibly go wrong?

jbug617

Banned
It sounds like the Red Sox are signing people David Ortiz likes. Last year he told them to sign Nelson Cruz and they didn't.

5/$90 million to a guy with a good bat who can't stay healthy and has no place to play in the field and his entering his 30s. What could possibly go wrong?

You think Magic will bail us out again?

JCizzle

It's a very solid deal (first reported by a fucking teenager BTW, what is the world coming to). Stick him at 3b or LF and then he can take ABs at DH when papi moves on.

Sanjuro

Most of this team can be "stuck" at DH.

We have an absolute surplus in everything. Including a bunch of outfielders, most who are trash defensively.

Pitching please?

Malo

Banned
Only 5/90? I expected more than that for Hanley.

I can't wait to see Hanley in the outfield if they sign Sandoval.

he's gonna rake in Boston

not gonna lie gonna miss his bat but not the new injury every week and defense

doyers better not trade kemp now

Malo

Banned
Jake Wesley MLB
‏@mlb_nl_al
The Boston Red Sox have signed Pablo Sandoval to a 5 year, 102 million dollar deal. Source with Hanley story has confirmed. It's done
He's the same person that broke the Hanley deal.

Sanjuro

How not if this Sandoval rumor is true?

$90mm for Hanley, $102mm for Sandoval, and they're still going hard after Lester. Seems pretty Yankee like to me.

We don't have really any high payroll guys and keeps players away from divisional teams.

We still have a ton of prospects in the mix too. Yankees are still a bit of a mess now that they are exiting the Eduardo Nunez Era.

Malo

Banned
We don't have really any high payroll guys and keeps players away from divisional teams.

We still have a ton of prospects in the mix too. Yankees are still a bit of a mess now that they are exiting the Eduardo Nunez Era.
I'm strictly talking about the spending spree the Yankees went on last offseason and nothing else.

Pablo just turned 28 in August and was fantastic at 3rd all year. And the Giants could have signed him for 5/90 a year ago. Damn. Of course, everything could have worked out differently if they gave him that contract.

Still hoping this isn't true. 5/102 is honestly too much for his regular season production, but then again I'd be happy to keep him for 5/95 so you start to think, it's just 7 more... and still only 5 years... ok, I'll do it.

These are good signings for Boston. Upgrades on offense and Pablo has good defense. Hanley is a little suspect in terms of defense but I think he will be fine.

Dodgers lose a good bat here but Rojas does a good job with SS defense. Offense is in some hurt now though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
IFP0o.gif

If true, so long bro.

JDeluis

These are good signings for Boston. Upgrades on offense and Pablo has good defense. Hanley is a little suspect in terms of defense but I think he will be fine.

Dodgers lose a good bat here but Rojas does a good job with SS defense. Offense is in some hurt now though.

Agree. If Rojas can improve his offense, than losing Hanley won't hurt as much. Turner might also have that position, but I think that's his weakest position.

Enron

Banned
The Twins won the bidding for Hyeon-jong Yang.

This is really happening right?

Ouch. Looks like it isn't.

SUNDAY,10:54pm: The Rangers, not the Twins, won the bidding for Yang, FOX Sports’ C.J. Nitkowski tweets. The fee was about $1.5MM, and Kia could opt to keep Yang. A previous report from Korea had indicated that the Rangers had posted the top bid.

I may be exaggerating this, but I think Sandoval just threw away something potentially special by leaving San Francisco. He had the opportunity to stay there, where he is absolutely adored, and continue building out that dynasty even further.

BFIB

So Panda signed for really, not much of a difference from what the Giants offered. I think he's going to regret going, dude was loved by SanFran.

Top Bottom