• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

jbug617

Banned
Giants offer for Panda was 5yrs/$95 million and were willing to go up. Seems like he wanted out.

His press conference is tomorrow.

aFIGurANT

I was listening to the BP podcast today and they're thinking Napoli gets traded and Pablo plays 1B. The trade would ideally address the rotation which right now features Kelly and Bucholz as anchors.

Los Angeles Dodgers @Dodgers

Dodgers acquire Rockies RHP Juan Nicasio for a player to be named later or cash considerations and designate IF Ryan Jackson for assignment.
Lord Friedman slowly building up that bullpen. One trade at a time.

More Doyers news:

Bob Nightengale @BNightengale

The Los Angeles #Dodgers now also in pursuit of #Phillies ace Cole Hamels, joining #Redsox and others.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Why was Pablo so ready to leave? Confusing =[

Hi, I'm new around here but SF diehard. From Twitter per one of the Giants beat writers:

"When he called Giants this afternoon, Sandoval told Bobby Evans he "felt like he needed a new challenge and wanted to try something new."

I guess he was tired of winning too much, haha

eznark

Banned
B3Ps8ZvCUAEbbfG.jpg:large

Fjordson

Hi, I'm new around here but SF diehard. From Twitter per one of the Giants beat writers:

"When he called Giants this afternoon, Sandoval told Bobby Evans he "felt like he needed a new challenge and wanted to try something new."

ON7CnHm.gif

Well okay...

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Who wants to play for a team where you're guaranteed a championship every other year? It's like playing on easy mode.

Sanjuro

I was listening to the BP podcast today and they're thinking Napoli gets traded and Pablo plays 1B. The trade would ideally address the rotation which right now features Kelly and Bucholz as anchors.

Like I said, right now a lot of things don't make sense, but it's hard to be mad.

I wouldn't MIND seeing him move, although he put up a nice little season last year amongst shit.

Jas

Best thing to happen so far this offseason is watching a 14 year old kid on twitter break some of the biggest signings, even Heyman gave him credit for one of them.

He just tweeted this...

@mlb_nl_al said:
UPDATE: lester is close to deal. 6 years, not 7 . 120-140 million. Not complete just yet . Could happen soon

It's time to dominate the seafood of a new coast.

Now that Panda's gone, let's get to work on signing:

Romo
Morse
Vogey
Zito
m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=11867010&src=desktop

Lol.
We really are gonna have a repeat of 2013 aren't we.

Malvingt2

Jake Wesley MLB @mlb_nl_al
Now hearing Lester has three offers from sox.Of different years. 6,5,4 . 6, is closest deal. Again, not saying it's happening.saying close

3 offers? wut who is this kid again?

stn

Liking the Hanley deal, not too crazy about Sandoval coming to Boston. Solid player but overpaid. We still need a rotation, time to sign Lester and swing a trade for a #2.

BFIB

Cardinals are meeting with Lester sometime next week. Kantrovitz, who has been the driving force behind the Cardinals drafts, is heading to Oakland.

jbug617

Banned
Sandoval Contract Breakdown:

2015-2017: $17 million
2018-2019: $18 million
2020: Option yr for $17 million or a $5 million buyout

He got a $3 million bonus

I'm not seeing this anywhere?

The insider whiz kid tweeted about it, someone else has a source saying it's possible

Jake Wesley MLB @mlb_nl_al · 26m 26 minutes ago

.@EvanPetzold reporting Harper could be dealt.I haven't heard anything on this,but according to him it's possible "due to management issues"

Jake Wesley MLB @mlb_nl_al · 25m 25 minutes ago

Again not even saying Harper trade is being discussed. Just reporting Evans info, he has valid source .

Also just saw the Marlins asked the Tigers about Price or Porcello :eek:

stn

Wow, Harper for Bryant would be nuts! If I'm the Cubs I'd then go sign Scherzer, Shields, and whatever else it takes.

Word is that he felt "disrespected" by SF. I assume he either felt we should offer more than Boston or was still upset about being lowballed at the beginning of the year.

Whatever, he was never going to be able to be a big, fat DH here and we have better ways to spend that 95 mill.

newjeruse

But Bryant has LEGIT power and is super controllable and that is something you don't trade unless you are getting a more than Harper who is elgible for FA in a few years.
Harper has legit power too. He has more HR's by Age 21 than Ted Williams. He's going to be a beast eventually. His numbers are a little obscured by how young he has been in the majors. Felix Hernandez wasn't particularly outstanding through his first three seasons too.

Top Bottom