• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

it's the roads. and dudes wanting to show off. all he guys have heard the stories throughout the years yet they still want to be stupid and drive like maniacs in those shitty roads.*shrug* what do you think is going to happen?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 6m6 minutes ago
One source says #Athletics working on multiple trades. All teams are for most part, but source says, “This is Billy re-working the club.”

Leave it to Beane to keep things interesting.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Sources: Donaldson going to #BlueJays. Lawrie, RHP Kendall Graveman among those going to #Athletics.

Oh wow, the fans are going to revolt over this one

clemenx

Banned
Whoa wtf. I would have thought Donaldson was about the only thing untouchable in the Athletics.

I guess there's no such thing for Beane.

Quick

Banned
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Sources: Donaldson going to #BlueJays. Lawrie, RHP Kendall Graveman among those going to #Athletics.

Oh wow, the fans are going to revolt over this one

Rare Quick appearance in the MLB thread!

Don Cherry's going to be so mad that AA traded for an American.
Wait, this ain't hockey.

I'm okay with this. Lawrie's always seemed like he's "almost" there, but never quite there.

clemenx

Banned
Prospects aside and unless Lawrie goes crazy that's at least 3 win improvement in 3B alone it's great for the Jays. They should spend some money in pitching now.

McDougles

So long, Lawrie. Can't wait to see what you do with that much foul ground.

ajxyrk.jpg

I can't wait for pitching to fuck next year up for the Jays.

Syrinx

With each passing big move, I'm getting more and more impatient with Sandy. Granted it doesn't really matter when in the offseason moves are made, but if our haul this offseason amounts to fucking Michael Cuddyer, I'll be livid.

Blue Jays going all in again for that Paper Championship.

Still need closer, left fielder, 2nd and centre are question marks, starters are still young or really old........

But the lineup is like

Reyes
Martin
Bautista
Encarnacion
Donaldson
DH?
Pompey
Left fielder?
Goins

Stroman
Sanchez
Hutchison
Dickey
Buehrle

zroid

Banned
Still need closer, left fielder, 2nd and centre are question marks, starters are still young or really old........

But the lineup is like

Reyes
Martin
Bautista
Encarnacion
Donaldson
DH?
Pompey
Left fielder?
Goins

Stroman
Sanchez
Hutchison
Dickey
Buehrle

Everyone forgot about Smoak :lol

Just saw the trade.

I seriously can't put into words how excited this trade makes me. Lawrie's a great fielder but he can't stay on the field (and his passport means he's wildly overrated by the team's fanbase), and Nolin and Gravemen are kind of borderline prospects at this point. Barreto kind of hurts to lose, but he's so far away it's hard to say if he's a legit prospect. I'm shocked that's all it took to get a guy like Donaldson.

And Happ lol

I think Happ's more likely to start the season in the starting rotation than Sanchez.

I can't believe the Jays have a middle of the order consisting of Bautista, Encarnacion and Donaldson. I'm a little concerned about the lack of a 2B, CF and LF, but there's still a good core there.

I think Happ's more likely to start the season in the starting rotation than Sanchez.

I can't believe the Jays have a middle of the order consisting of Bautista, Encarnacion and Donaldson. I'm a little concerned about the lack of a 2B, CF and LF, but there's still a good core there.

And 3 months to find those pieces

I woke up to find out that Lawrie had been traded, via an email from the Jays in my spam folder. Wow. That was a shock.

I liked Lawrie, and had a chance to meet him this year but didn't go. Sony was holding something, but a more important appointment was occurring at the same time.

That said, he was far too inconsistent and often injured, so I can't say I dislike this swap for he and Donaldson. The prospects worry me, though. Hopefully AA was smart and didn't give up a whole lot.

As I've said before, I'm more of a Blue Jays fan than an MLB or baseball fan. Watching other teams tends to bore me, but my passion for the Jays makes watching them interesting. As such, I don't really follow the prospects all that well, or know them enough like I do in hockey.

Here's hoping AA can pull some magic out of a hat and improve our weaknesses. I'd like to see another run.

Top Bottom